• Likes 48

RandomNameAndNumber

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see you fixed your problem already.
I knew it was something simple because I did have it working at another time. Last night my issue was trying to use an USB Flash drive in fat32, which refused to work. I did find where others had commented that WBFS works best for flash drives...I switched out the USB drive for an external USB drive, and it worked fine....but I was already so damn frustrated from hours worth of banging my head on a wall about it.

I don't know how you do it Cyan. You are always such a great help to the community. I don't know how large the wii community is at this point, but I can imagine we are shrinking. I will keep using my wii until every last CRT tv has died. It is the easiest method to still enjoy games as I have done for the last 3+ decades. If they are ever giving out awards, do let me know so I can put your name in the hat.

Reactions: Cyan

Prod1219

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Cyan I found the fix! A very odd fix but I hope my findings will help other people who stumble upon this problem. It was just simply the SD card which is extremely odd since it was working with the other wii(working one). I simply copied the files to a new SD card and I get the same loading times I get on console A. I dont know how it would change anything but it fixed it and im happy about that. Maybe due to the SD card I was using being a micro SD with an adapter but I doubt it since it was working on the other wii. Anyways thank you for your help Cyan!

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
thank you for your report.
your Gamecube games were on SD? I always thought they were on USB (because you have a lot). I don't see any link with gamecube listing from USB and SD card format.
that's something I will have to think.

the adapter shouldn't be a problem, it's just a physical link to wire the SD/microSD. nothing special in it.
Though, if your adapter "lock" switch is broken, it's always set as "write protected" and it creates issues. SD should always stay write enabled. if you ever use an adapter or SD with broken switch, put an adhesive tape or anything over the lock to always make it seen as write enable by the console.

when finding and listing games, it's added to a cache file on SD. But I don't understand why it wouldn't affect wii games too. Maybe the cache already existed for wii game, so it didn't have to edit it?

Prod1219

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My Gamecube and Wii games were on my USB hard drive which is why I’m confused as towards why simply changing the SD card, nonetheless thank you for your help.

JeffJason

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I was loading games by my usb. Everything was working in the past but as i remember, one day i opened the usb loader application without usb plugged in and none of the games were shown. After that i couldnt see my games on UsbLoader anymore(even if usb was plugged in). And i formatted my usb, and load the games into the usb again but still i cant see the games on the usb from UsbLoader. So what should i do to see my games you think?

rafaelsb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Is it possible to force flicker filter on wii games like xenoblade and sin & punishment, via ULGX? Since its almost impossilble to play those games due to flickering on a crt, 480i.

EvilZombie

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey, having ran my games through a wode for the past 10 years, figured it was time to get things up to date and install loader gx, everything is working great, apart from one issue, Im guessing due to how the wode mounts itself to the disc drive, I keep getting the "Disc Insert Detected" pop up when loading up gx, even though there is no disc in the drive.

I've gone through the memory card and gotten rid of any trace of anything wode related, but it still mounts itself as if there is a GameCube game in the drive. The actual disc drive itself is broken, so I have no need of the disc inserted pop up anyway, is there a way to just disable the pop up?

I'm thinking that when I installed the wode I had to modify the Wii internal memory maybe, that's why I can't delete the false disc flatwode thingy.

Hope this makes some sort of sense!

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
yeahhh, I fear it was that easy. that's why I said formatting was a big aggressive compared to just resting the settings.

Is it possible to force flicker filter on wii games like xenoblade and sin & punishment, via ULGX? Since its almost impossilble to play those games due to flickering on a crt, 480i.
Did you try all current available video modes?
there are more (30+) but the loader doesn't have all of them. I could add some or all to test.

rafaelsb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Did you try all current available video modes?
there are more (30+) but the loader doesn't have all of them. I could add some or all to test.

What's up, Cyan. Yes, i tested all video modes available, none worked. It would be nice if you add some to test, and i'm wondering if the oposite would be possible too, disable the flicker filter on Wii games that use it by default by changing the video mode, like Nintendont can do with GC games.

Last edited by rafaelsb,

Joe_B

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
is it possible to start just dance 2019 with some settings without black screen?

I have ran into problems in the past where I couldn't play a PAL game on my NTSC Wii. This was solved by setting USB Loader GX to "Force NTSC" or "Console default".

Just go to Settings>Loader settings, and the first one at the top, Video Mode, set it either to "Force NTSC" or "Console default".

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
is it possible to start just dance 2019 with some settings without black screen?
use a cIOS based on IOS57 instead.
softmod guides are bad and outdated, or not explaining anything.

most common setup tells you to install this :
slot 249 : d2x base 56
slot 250 : d2x base 57
and let the user find that the setup is not good.

slot249 is not working with all games, and you need to edit your loader's setting to use slot250 instead.
USBLoaderGX > loader's settings > Loader's IOS : replace the number with the slot where you installed a cIOS based on IOS 57

also, if you installed d2x v10-alt (revision 53), this is another wrong softmod thing.
reinstall d2x with r52 instead!
if you are up to reinstall d2x, just install base57 in slot 249 (the default slot used by usbloaders), so you don't need to edit the loader's settings.

What's up, Cyan. Yes, i tested all video modes available, none worked. It would be nice if you add some to test, and i'm wondering if the oposite would be possible too, disable the flicker filter on Wii games that use it by default by changing the video mode, like Nintendont can do with GC games.
It's possible, I just don't know when I'll do it. And it'll be a private build, I won't add 32 video mode to the official release. I won't maintain it on future updates either.

Last edited by Cyan,

rafaelsb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It's possible, I just don't know when I'll do it. And it'll be a private build, I won't add 32 video mode to the official release. I won't maintain it on future updates either.

Right, i can give you feedback on it if you want. Maybe if there is a mode that can fix this problems, you could maintain it on official releases, since it can be a great feature for 480i crt users. Anyway, thanks for the attention, your job and USBLoader GX are awesome.

Reactions: Cyan

Prod1219

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Cyan one more thing now. Also thank you for helping me solve my last problem I don’t know If i did, anyways everything works fine now however when I try to use the other USB port for like the Wii fitness board for example, it doesn’t work. I have also tried this with sky landers and I can see the light of the character light up before I run USB loader but once I open it, the light shuts off and doesn’t detect the USB port. Is there any way to fix this? Thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.