Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Okay, there are two things here:

game compatibility and USB compatibility.

1) Game compatibility
some games have specific requirement in IOS.
the IOS is the hardware driver, and only specific IOS have specific drivers in them.
If you want to use Skylander NFS portal accessory, you need a cIOS based on another IOS.
I know I usually tell users base57 is all they need, but it's 99% true :P

I got user report that the portal accessory works with base56. could you install base56 is slot250 and set that game to use slot250 ? (or another unused slot if you prefer, as long as it's between 230-253)
let me know if it works with 56. thanks.
that's probably the only game working with 56 but not with 57.

Confirmed:
Animal Crossing new leaf : cIOS base38 to use the keyboard
spongebob boating bash : cIOS base53 (tested on Wii) or 58 (tested on vWii)

2) USB compatibility

Plug the additional accessories before launching the game. the cIOS doesn't have plug&play support to detect plugged USB after launch.

If still not working:
to use port1, you need a cIOS compatible with both ports.
there are 3 :
Hermes cIOS v4 or 5.1 (old, but could still work)
d2x cIOS v9 beta (unreleased officially, only devs had it)
d2x cIOS v10-alternative beta (revision 53)

Most users use v10-alt, but this is a beta and it has issues :
some hardware are not compatible (hdd not found)
some games are not compatible (black screen)
some features are not compatible (emuNAND)

additionally, with r53 you get USB Port1 support AND attempt at plug&play support .
be aware that compatibility can take a hit.

Last edited by Cyan,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
If I remember the game Skylanders, normally it should work with this IOS 245 base 37.
base 37? someone could confirm?
also, the slot 245 is a useless information as anyone can install whatever base they want in whatever slot they want. what's important in compatibility is the base and cIOS version, not the slot number.

I don't think this is what he wants. and he wants it for Gamecube games, not Wii games.

he wants to edit the TitleID to have duplicated modded games in the loader.
renaming the filename will not help having different titleIDs.

the loader can use the folder's name as a way to list games.
games/title [real TitleID]/game.iso
games/title [fake TitleID]/game.iso

same game, using different TitleID in the folder's name, the loader will list both. the only problem is that the fake TitleID should NOT be an existing ID for another game or it'll conflict and use the other game's covers, settings, etc. or prevent listing one of the two if you have them at the same time.
be sure the fake titleID is invented and not shared by another game.
One good option is to change the Publisher's code, for example : Zelda wind waker [GZLP01], if you mod the game, GZLP <-- keep that part, increment the publisher (02 for example)
zelda wind waker [GZLP02] <-- you are sure it'll not conflict with other existing games

I think it will crash for wii games as the game's header is checked before launch, but it should work fine with gamecube and nintendont!
Attention : the memory card will be shared by nintendont if the internal ISO TitleID is not edited. be sure the game mod doesn't corrupt the original game's savegame data.

Last edited by Cyan,

DyCerBR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
First of all, I would like to thank Cyan for this awesome app i've been using for years.

I'd like to know. Is loading emunand titles usually faster from sd? I have a pretty big emunand (title folder is about 18GB) and loading nes titles from hdd is taking about 10-30s, wiiware titles take more than 30s. It seems dependent on the amount of titles, since at about 600 they load just fine. I've noticed that the hdd tends to get fragmented a lot also.

I have my emunand at usb root, loading most titles with d2xv8 on slot 249, and some titles using wanin v19 on slot 248. (I have v17 on slot 247 but i don't think i've ever used it is there any game that is compatible with v17 and not v19 besides MotoHeroz?)

I've been thinking on getting a Sandisk C10 32gb SDHC. Does anyone have any experience with this card (faster loading, compatibility issues, etc)? Would it be compatible with the neek2o option? (i remember there being some issues with sneek, so i went for uneek) (I have no intention of using DI)

Last edited by DyCerBR,

g12345567

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Game title banners are not displaying. When I select any game to play it automatically starts the game instead of displaying the title banner like in the example pictured below. How do I fix this so it displays the game title banner?

QGd5LIh.jpg

Last edited by g12345567,

jeannotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello,

@g12345567

Is USB LOADER GX up to date?

The star icon on the top of the USB Loader GX screen:

By clicking on this icon, you will find all the games you have placed in favorites.
To put a game in favorites, go to the chosen game and validate with A. Here you are on the start menu of the game. With your wiimote, place yourself on a star and press A. The star then becomes yellow .
To see your favorite games and therefore avoid having to scroll through the entire list to choose a game, go to the star icon on the home page of the USB Loader GX and validate with A. It does not you just have to choose the game you want to play. To exit from your favorites, click on the star icon again.
To know: the more you put star, the higher your game will be placed in the list of favorites.

Joe_B

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Game title banners are not displaying. When I select any game to play it automatically starts the game instead of displaying the title banner like in the example pictured below. How do I fix this so it displays the game title banner?

QGd5LIh.jpg

Go to the loader settings, I don't remember exactly where, but there should be an option called "quick boot". Turn it off and it should display banners.

conradcervantes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having some issues on vWii with custom paths. After attempting and failing to download codes for Ocarina, I downloaded a dump of txtcodes and placed them in a folder on the root of my SD card. I entered GX and tried to generate GCTs for the games I had, only to be rebuffed again. Entering the settings, I navigated to the Custom Paths section and scrolled down to txtcodes path, which read usb1:/txtcodes. I clicked the button underneath to switch the source to the sd card, but the option wasn't available, only usb1 and usb2. I tried a few different things, from reinstalling USB Loader GX on the original SD card to swapping cards to ensure it wasn't an error with the card itself. Still no dice.

Literally everything on the Custom Paths screen except for SD Gamecube Path points to usb1:/, which doesn't seem correct to me. Anyone else experience something similar in the past?

Edit: Disregard, I guess the two SD cards I tried weren't good/healthy enough to be found. I found a 4 GB card that let me finally switch paths.

Last edited by conradcervantes,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't know what you are asking.

my controller support?
which controller? Mine?

support where? in the loader or in a game? in the loader, it's possible to add HID controllers (PS3/PS4,generic HID USB). In game it's not possible.
why would "someone" do it though, I have no idea.

Last edited by Cyan,
D

Deleted User

I don't know what you are asking.

my controller support?
which controller? Mine?

support where? in the loader or in a game? in the loader, it's possible to add HID controllers (PS3/PS4,generic HID USB). In game it's not possible.
why would "someone" do it though, I have no idea.
Oh sorry the auto word fix spelled “his” instead of “HID” and with “someone” I mean a developer and adding support for ps4 controllers into usb loaded (spelled correctly) games (Wii) or even a network client like HID to vPad

Last edited by ,

Hephaestus

Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
I am using this program on my vWii on Wii U and cant get cheat downloads to work.
Using latest revision and specifically tried with titles where i had already downloaded codes before, but no luck.

Anyone got any idea how to get the cheats anyway?
Downloading by hand for hundreds of titles would take ages.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
ps4 controllers into usb loaded (spelled correctly) games (Wii) or even a network client like HID to vPad
It's possible to add PS4 (and generic HID USB controller) while inside the loader's interface. last time I did, it had memory issue and someone lost a HDD partition data, so I removed it.

it's not possible to add new controller type in a game. more technically, it is "possible" if you are a hacker, and are dedicated to make one patch per game (because each game is different). There's no generic patch possible to support adding controllers to all games.
there's one for Smash bros... because 2 hackers tried, and that's all. and it has nothing to do with USBLoader, you need to manually apply a patch to the game ISO before launching it.

Network client is not possible either, because there's no "network" library in the game, there's no OS or supervisor or firmware running in the background of the Wii when you play a game. (the WiiU does, not the Wii).

I am using this program on my vWii on Wii U and cant get cheat downloads to work.
Using latest revision and specifically tried with titles where i had already downloaded codes before, but no luck.

Anyone got any idea how to get the cheats anyway?
Downloading by hand for hundreds of titles would take ages.
maybe the site has a problem? maybe they re-enabled their DDOS protection ?
they used to block direct file access (for 2-3 months) and removed that protection. I don't know if they did, or if you have a problem, or if it's the loader. more users should report if they have the same problem.

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Last edited by Alexander1970,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: It's a kid's vitamin now!