Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
r1227_mod01

I added private server setting to auto-patch wii games.
no Ocarina needed or pre-patched ISO.

Two settings available :
NoSSL only : only replace https -> http (use with DNS redirection servers, such as ALTWFC)
wiimmfi.de : replace both https and nintendowifi.net, no DNS edition required in your wii settings.

I tested it with Mario kart Wii PAL, and both existing servers.
If more servers are required I can add an option to set domain's URL manually.

Let me know if it works, and if other games are working too.
I don't have wiiWare online games to test, but I don't think any servers are working with them yet.

Edit:
Naxil said wiimmfi.de works even when using altwfc DNS.
So you can switch back and forth in the loader's setting without editing network settings every time, just put the DNS once and choose in the loader either NoSSL for Altwfc or Wiimmfi for that one.
The DNS is probably only rewriting "nintendowifi.net", as it can't be found it keeps wiimmfi.de URL.

MaxP90

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thanks a lot Cyan, i tried and now the booting time it's way faster than Priiloader :lol:
For curiosity I measured boot times with bootmii (boot2) and priiloader from when I press the power button to when USB Loader GX ends booting. Result was ~13s for bootmii, ~14s for priiloader, so I wouldn't say with bootmii is way faster than priiloader. Maybe you have different results?

boomario

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
For curiosity I measured boot times with bootmii (boot2) and priiloader from when I press the power button to when USB Loader GX ends booting. Result was ~13s for bootmii, ~14s for priiloader, so I wouldn't say with bootmii is way faster than priiloader. Maybe you have different results?
The difference is bigger for me, its about ~20s for priiloader and ~14s for bootmii. Probably because i had the bootmii files on SD but the main problem was sometimes priiloader doesn't start loader and goes directly to wii menu and thats not heappen now.

Apostrophe

VIDEO GAMES
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone explain how exactly to boot into USB Loader GX through bootmii? I set priiloader to just redirect to the system menu, and then put a folder "bootmii" on my SD card, which contains armboot.bin, bootmii.ini, and the ppcboot.elf Cyan posted. I just get a black screen when I boot my Wii up, but if I relpace the .elf with the bootmii one, it loads that just fine.

boomario

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Can someone explain how exactly to boot into USB Loader GX through bootmii? I set priiloader to just redirect to the system menu, and then put a folder "bootmii" on my SD card, which contains armboot.bin, bootmii.ini, and the ppcboot.elf Cyan posted. I just get a black screen when I boot my Wii up, but if I relpace the .elf with the bootmii one, it loads that just fine.
First you need bootmii installled as boot2, if you have that you just need to install UNEO fowarder wad to wii (you can find on OP IIRC),
then just put the files posted above to the bootmii folder on SD card, put on wii and turn on :lol:

Apostrophe

VIDEO GAMES
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First you need bootmii installled as boot2, if you have that you just need to install UNEO fowarder wad to wii (you can find on OP IIRC),
then just put the files posted above to the bootmii folder on SD card, put on wii and turn on :lol:

uneo.wad can be found at the google code page

Awesome, I found it and used the armboot.bin from here. Thanks guys!

Reactions: Cyan

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I bought a WiiU yesterday, upgrading from a regular Wii, and am trying to get USB Loader GX up and running. Everything is fine so far, except Nintendont.

When I try to load a GameCube game within USB Loader GX, is tells me that Nintendont only supports loading games from SD Card - this is despite the newer revisions of Nintendont supporting USB loading. Is there a fix for this?

Thanks.

EDIT - Skip this. I just realised there's a new revision of USB Loader.

Maq47

Lord of Pyro
Trophies
Website
idont.have.one
XP
Country
United States
Uhhhh... It makes a game which has audio streaming not output the streaming audio, and makes games with audio streaming playable, but without some (or all) of the audio tracks. Have you never heard of it? Neogamma's last release coupled with WiiGator+WiiPower cMIOS makes Pokemon XD playable because the WiiGator+WiiPower cMIOS has support for the patch, and Neogamma's last release applied the patch automatically.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
no, never heard of it.
It's for disc backups? ISO working with DM/devolution/nintendont?

If you don't apply the patch, the game (Pokemon) doesn't launch?
it's the only game needed that patch?
I played few audio streaming games and never required to patch my games. with DM/Nintendont, audio streaming games just don't output the audio or subtitles synch, that's all. but the game launches.

I can check neogamma sources to see what's done.

Maq47

Lord of Pyro
Trophies
Website
idont.have.one
XP
Country
United States
I think the patch is applied to a section of memory at boot. I just tested it with DIOS MIOS, and it works fine, but I tested Nintendont, and it froze at the Nintendo logo. So part of what you said is true, but Nintendont seems to not work at all with audio streaming. I'm using the latest loader.dol in usb:/apps/nintendont/boot.dol, and changed the path settings to reflect that. Also, most audio seems to work on Pokemon XD, so it's not a big deal. Since DM ignores streaming audio, it appears that DM also applies the same patch, so I'm not too worried.

Reactions: Cyan

Acidflare

HomeBrew Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I tested PKMN XD with DM I haven't had any issues with AudioStreaming but I never played the game fully as a retail disc on the NGC I borrowed it from a friend but never got passed it though. I know that crediar updated the patches in v2.10, I know this because NMM works on anything after v2.8. I couldn't get the nmm.wad to work but using usbloadergx with dm v2.10 works, So I would assume all the patches that were made for DM(L) through loaders were incorporated into the newest version

One game that has audio streaming issues is for DM Naruto: Clash of the Ninja (you get no audio at all)

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
r1227_mod01

Two settings available :
NoSSL only : only replace https -> http (use with DNS redirection servers, such as ALTWFC)
wiimmfi.de : replace both https and nintendowifi.net, no DNS edition required in your wii settings.

I don't have wiiWare online games to test, but I don't think any servers are working with them yet.

Edit:
So you can switch back and forth in the loader's setting without editing network settings every time, just put the DNS once and choose in the loader either NoSSL for Altwfc or Wiimmfi for that one.
The DNS is probably only rewriting "nintendowifi.net", as it can't be found it keeps wiimmfi.de URL.
Tried this new usb loader and it works with almost everything except super smash bros brawl. Originally it was working when i had a wiimmmfi patched version but i wanted to use this new usb loader to connect to both wiimmmfi and altwfc servers so i tried to use a non patched version of brawl.Now when clicking on the game there is no image where the play count, settings and start options are. Trying to load up the game brings me back to the homebrew channel.It is not recognizing the non patched version of brawl after using the wiimmmfi patched version. This is the only usb loader to not load the game up for me.:cry: Only patched version is working for some reason.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
did you delete the patched version?
the loader is detecting games based on the gameID, if there are multiple games with the same GameID it's not working.

SSBB non patched works fine for me (and for everyone I think).
If you don't see the banner animation, maybe your ISO/WBFS is corrupted.
Try to redump your disc (set the setting>hdd>Partition settings to "all partitions" for that game, or you will miss data), or to reinstall the iso with wiibackupmanager.

Edit:
Verify your game file is not set to "Read only", or "Archive".
It has been reported few times that these attributes are creating issues with game launching.

Reactions: cvskid

szczuru

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
r1227_mod01

Two settings available :

Edit:

I've tried this with Mario Kart only. Private server set to Wiimmfi.de but game still can't connect to WFC - Error 6000 appear. Any solutions?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
6000 doesn't seem to be in their error code list.
http://wiimmfi.de/error

But I think it's related to friend code.
Did you used your existing game profile/driving license?
You need to register your Nintendo's provided friend code into wiimmfi servers, or create a new profile and let the server generate a new friend code for you.

There's a homebrew to extract all friend codes from compatible games and send them to wiimmfi, but I didn't test it. (Maybe I should have, because it's too long for me to start MKWii from the beginning again).
http://wiki.tockdom.com/wiki/Wiimmfi_Project#Using_old_profiles

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Ahhhh ok