• Views 7,243,651
  • Replies 29,382
  • Likes 48

bobmcjr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just thought about something: Wouldn't it be easier to add the NoSSL to all compatible games directly into geckocodes's list?
There's not a lot of compatible games.
I don't know who is in charge of editing the code list, but it should be easier and faster to add them for everyone, even with old/not updated Loaders version.
As far as I know the NoSSL code works on nearly every game that has WiFi, doesn't connect to 3rd party servers, and doesn't rely entirely on WiiConnect24.

Ideally the NoSSL patch could be an option in Loader Settings along with Hooktype, video patch, etc, but I could see some potential issues there.

Acidflare

HomeBrew Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The toolbar could be changed if needed.
it's easy to do transparency instead of the square icon. though, it might require a different way to mark active icons like a different visual effect.

JordenNixNix: update USBLoaderGX. you have an old version.
(Settings > Update > USBGX > Full)
That will allow you to launch games from USB.

Though, your issue might not be fixed.
DIOS MIOS has issue with a lot of HDD, yours could be incompatible too.
If the Wii shutdown, or it stays on a black screen when you launch DM, it's an incompatible HDD.

Not True at all Cyan, it's actually the USB sata adapter that is always at fault I have tried 10 different HDD's with 2 different USB Sata adapters and one adapter failed to boot up all 10 drives where the other one had no issues

MarcusCarter:
He can't launch games from disc channel because he has DIOS MIOS installed.
DIOS MIOS require a compatible HDD with a compatible partition connected to USB before launching Disc based games.
His HDD seems to be incompatible with DIOS MIOS (black screen, console shutdown), so he only need another device to be able to launch disc with DM installed.

This feature was taken out in Dm v2.7

Also Cyan you need to put back the "anti 002 error" option Mortal Kombat Armageddon and few other titles I have don't load anymore due to the removal of the option

hcrguy55

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does USB loader have support for games other than wii/gc games? Is there a way to load up nes/snes/sega/wiiware/etc like the wiiflow? I like the list style display it has for games but also showing a preview of the box art in the corner. I thought that would be nice to have.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Also Cyan you need to put back the "anti 002 error" option Mortal Kombat Armageddon and few other titles I have don't load anymore due to the removal of the option
Did you used OFF for these games?
When using OFF, you didn't see the error002 screen?

I tested with Prince of persia Forgotten sands (which is very picky with any enabled patches) and it works fine with ANTI always forced.

OFF = no patch (You see Error002 when you launch a game)
ON = Patch enabled for games not manually patched with the wrong method
ANTI = Patch enabled for games not manually patched with the wrong method, and Depatch+correctly repatch for games manually patched with the old (and wrong) method.

Anti should be always set, and it's now always forcing ANTI.

hcrguy55:
Plugins are not supported yet.
I'll add them when I have time to code. (when I'm in holidays)

Reactions: hcrguy55

Acidflare

HomeBrew Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Did you used OFF for these games?
When using OFF, you didn't see the error002 screen?

I tested with Prince of persia Forgotten sands (which is very picky with any enabled patches) and it works fine with ANTI always forced.

OFF = no patch (You see Error002 when you launch a game)
ON = Patch enabled for games not manually patched with the wrong method
ANTI = Patch enabled for games not manually patched with the wrong method, and Depatch+correctly repatch for games manually patched with the old (and wrong) method.

Anti should be always set, and it's now always forcing ANTI.

hcrguy55:
Plugins are not supported yet.
I'll add them when I have time to code. (when I'm in holidays)

I don't see the setting for the games in either the loader settings or the individual game settings I have R1226

Edit: it's something to do with my emunand some games work but others black screen tellingme to restart my wii i'm guessing missing ios' ?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You don't see the settings in r1226 because the settings are removed.
If it blackscreen, it's not related to the Error002. Error002 setting prevent the "Error #002" screen.
If you don't see that error screen when launching a game, then you don't need that setting.

If you have blackscreen with emuNAND, then it's an issue with emuNAND or CIOS.
Which cIOS are you using for your emuNAND?
If it's cIOS re17-19, It has a known random issue when the path is on SD card. (I didn't find how to fix it yet, I'm working on it)
It works fine on USB, or with d2x.

Duncan Idaho

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Cyan here is a small suggestion add the possibility of editing the .txt directly from the USBGX loader, much like accio hacks allowed back when it was working, given there are multiplier codes that have a XXXX value over an actual value.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
yes, it's in my todo list, but it will require a lot of work and redesign of the menus.
It might also require to keep track of edited part (if you replace xxxx to numbers, you need to know which part has the xxxx next time you edit the code). so keeping two txt file for each games, original and edited.

Duncan Idaho

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
yes, it's in my todo list, but it will require a lot of work and redesign of the menus.
It might also require to keep track of edited part (if you replace xxxx to numbers, you need to know which part has the xxxx next time you edit the code). so keeping two txt file for each games, original and edited.

Or you could simply have it save the edited and people re download the original file to overwrite the edited one, after all it takes, what 5 seconds?.

Oh and i tested the trilogy game with rev previous to the one it's labelled 3.0 ( i am not at my home atm so i cannot give you a number) however i still get some problems, there are some audio problems in one particular site (odd because usb loading the GC version presents the same exact problem)

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I've installed the latest version of this and Nintendont on my Wii U. But USB Loader GX doesn't seem to have any options to load GC games from USB or by utilizing Nintendont. Am I missing something?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
yes, you probably missed the "Gamecube mode" setting. (or you are not using the latest revision of the loader)
You have two choices:

Global setting : (will affect all games with default/never manually changed settings)
Settings > Loader Settings > Gamecube section (scroll down) > Gamecube mode : MIOS / Nintendont / Devolution

Individual setting : (If you want to change it for a single game only)
Select the game > Preferences > Game Settings > Gamecube Mode : MIOS / Nintendont / Devolution

In the Settings > User paths > Nintendont Loader Folder : it should be set to sd:/apps/Nintendont/ by default.
You need to place either the Nintendont's boot.dol or Loader.dol in that folder.

Apostrophe

VIDEO GAMES
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone gotten USB Loader GX to boot on starting the wii by use of priiloader?

I tried installing r1226 IOS249 version with priiloader, but turning on my wii just stays a black screen. I tried loading the USB Loader GX .dol from priiloader and it just says "failed to load binary"

Anyone know why this is happening? I have no problem booting USB Loader GX from the homebrew channel.

EDIT: Problem solved. I really should have been trying to install the forwarder.dol which is in the wad folder in the all in one package.

Peninsula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have two quick questions:

1. In the first video in the OP at 1:15 it shows how to rename games when looking at them in list format. Is there a way to do this in the latest revision?

2. I see there's an option to download disc art for games, but I don't see the option to view this anywhere, can someone tell me how to view the discs?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Acidflare

HomeBrew Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Cyan I have d2x v10.1 installed on my emunand (Uneek2o+di R96 Beta 7.1) but it's only certain games to don't work but it seems to be games that use ios 56 that are failing i'm thinking a fresh install of d2x would fix it what are you're thoughts on this?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have two quick questions
1. In the first video in the OP at 1:15 it shows how to rename games when looking at them in list format. Is there a way to do this in the latest revision?
Currently, renaming game is only available with the "spinning disc" window. I will add an option to rename the game in the game settings later.

2. I see there's an option to download disc art for games, but I don't see the option to view this anywhere, can someone tell me how to view the discs?
You can re-enable the spinning disc :
Settings > GUI Settings > Game window : Spinning Disc / Banner animation / Banner on Banner layout only (it will use Spinning disc in other layout)

Acidflare:
You have d2x installed into EmuNAND? Are you launching USBLoaderGX from neek2o with "realNAND channel" (the loader might see them as RealNAND without knowing you are in neek)?
I never tested to launch the loader in neek so I don't know how it reacts to the cIOS located in neek.

I know a bad install of cIOS is possible (usually it corrupts the wiimote synch, but maybe there are other symptoms). Too bad the installer doesn't check cIOS integrity after install.
You can try to reinstall it and see if it fix your problem.

Acidflare

HomeBrew Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
now that you mention it I have had issues with my wiimotes keeping sync with my emunand often enough when it goes out of sync it also unsyncs my real nand aswell. And no that is not how I run it I have run it that way before it is slower that way I just change the paths in the configuration to usb1/nands/pl_us/ and it works no problem I can send wads to it through transmitmii extract savegames from the nand to the emunand without fail unless it's processed too many files then it locks up but all my homebrew does that.
So I will try reinstalling d2x and see if that fixes the problem maybe performing a disk check with the "/X /R" command would help too

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
yep, wiimote unsynching from realNAND when reloading to cIOS is a symptom of incorrectly installed cIOS.
I had it once, it was very strange until I understood what's happening :P
I fixed it by reinstalling the cIOS and re-synch the wiimote with the red button.

Peninsula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Currently, renaming game is only available with the "spinning disc" window. I will add an option to rename the game in the game settings later.

You can re-enable the spinning disc :
Settings > GUI Settings > Game window : Spinning Disc / Banner animation / Banner on Banner layout only (it will use Spinning disc in other layout)

Thank you Cyan :). This is just what I needed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/qv96JYhfAuA?si=_PN4PTWfj5BWI9wk