• Views 7,190,434
  • Replies 29,369
  • Likes 48

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No auto cover download (I prefer it this way because I use some custom covers and alternate region covers).

No other way to scroll through the carousel or coverwall without pushing a button. (I also prefer this since the list won't go crazy if I have to itch my shoulder or something).

*Thanks D34DL1N3R
smile.gif

Redvok

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been loving the loader but I have had one issue with it. After playing a game, I cannot hit reset/home and go back to the loader and play something else. It will lock up when I try to play another game, the screen will turn black when I choose and stay that way (No hard drive activity). If I am playing one game and want to play another one, I gotta completely turn the Wii off and turn it back on, anyone know of a fix?

Are PAL games larger in size compared to NTSC? If it is, is there a way I can remove like other language files to cut down on the size?

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Redvok said:
Been loving the loader but I have had one issue with it. After playing a game, I cannot hit reset/home and go back to the loader and play something else. It will lock up when I try to play another game, the screen will turn black when I choose and stay that way (No hard drive activity). If I am playing one game and want to play another one, I gotta completely turn the Wii off and turn it back on, anyone know of a fix?

Are PAL games larger in size compared to NTSC? If it is, is there a way I can remove like other language files to cut down on the size?

Only fix to play another game without reboot is to use cIOS 249 rev9-rev12. Rev13/13b have the reboot bug. It is also currently not possible to exit directly back into the loader. Have to wait for a cIOS update that would make it possible.

The language files probably won't save you that much space to justify trying to remove them.

Azadar

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
0ld8oy said:
ProdigyChild said:
This program is great and my rips have worked perfectly. One thing though. I was playing Wii Play and went on for about half an hour on one minigame and when I decided to finish the screen faded to black and just stopped there. I also noticed the Wii freezes when you install a game and leave the confirmation message there for a good while. Is there any way to fix that or is just the hard drive?

4.0U
320GB Seagate External USB Drive
Loading USB Loader as a channel

I use the exact same drive. Your drive should have come with some software on it. If you no longer have it you can download it from the Seagate website. Once you install the software, plug in your harddrive and then run the software. Find the power management settings and set the spindown to NEVER. That's all you need to do.

I have one of these also and I did that as well. However now when I tunr off the Wii the USB drive stays powered on forever! Do the USB ports not shut down even when powered off??

zorglub07

Trophies
Website
gametdb.com
XP
Country
France
0ld8oy said:
No auto cover download (I prefer it this way because I use some custom covers and alternate region covers).
If by automatic you meant it downloads a cover as soon as you install a game, I don't think so.
If by automatic you meant if can download your missing covers, point at a cover (or at an empty cover) and press A.
It will download the covers from http://wiitdb.com
For PAL games the cover will match your Wii's language setting.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Azadar said:
0ld8oy said:
ProdigyChild said:
This program is great and my rips have worked perfectly. One thing though. I was playing Wii Play and went on for about half an hour on one minigame and when I decided to finish the screen faded to black and just stopped there. I also noticed the Wii freezes when you install a game and leave the confirmation message there for a good while. Is there any way to fix that or is just the hard drive?

4.0U

I use the exact same drive. Your drive should have come with some software on it. If you no longer have it you can download it from the Seagate website. Once you install the software, plug in your harddrive and then run the software. Find the power management settings and set the spindown to NEVER. That's all you need to do.

I have one of these also and I did that as well. However now when I tunr off the Wii the USB drive stays powered on forever! Do the USB ports not shut down even when powered off??

I should have specified, I use the Seagate FreeAgent Go 320Gb. Do you use an external power source or is your drive powered by the Wii?

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zorglub07 said:
0ld8oy said:
If by automatic you meant it downloads a cover as soon as you install a game, I don't think so.
If by automatic you meant if can download your missing covers, point at a cover (or at an empty cover) and press A.

I know about this. i was just explaining to the other gentleman because I believe he was asking about auto downloads as soon as a game is installed. I definitely use the download feature for the covers I like but I prefer to manually add my alternate covers from other regions (E/J) for games like Twilight Princess or Dragon Quest Swords where the Japanese covers look better than the US covers. Same with the PAL Resident Evil 4 cover. Just a preference thing I guess.

jakejm79

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
0ld8oy said:
Azadar said:
0ld8oy said:
ProdigyChild said:

4.0U

I should have specified, I use the Seagate FreeAgent Go 320Gb. Do you use an external power source or is your drive powered by the Wii?

The USB ports only cut off power if you have w24 connect standby turned off. i.e red light = no usb power, green or yellow light = usb power.

bubbatub

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rathelfrog said:
well, before this problem i was a noob, now after 4 days of nothing but testing and trying things out, I have actually tried the deletion of the config files. It is something in the hard drive coding im sure. In the early builds 464-479 and the HD reporting was acurate to the sizes reported and also had a supporting catalog of games listed. once 482 rolled around, they introduced fat partitions and thats where things started to go south. (badly). The drive partitions were no longer recognized or able to format through the loader (and trying through the wbfs and it still did not help in the recognition of the drive.) then somewhere in the revisions 5xx-6xx they regained some control but the list now duplicates one titles across all iso's. and the file accuracies of size reporting is all wacked now too.

The assigning of the game code is spread to all the other iso and the loader only loads one game, no matter which you pick. I was thinking this was a problem in the config files, I even went so far as to rebuild the config files manually to no avail. Right now I am using the easu partition program mentioned above to destroy all the data on the drive and rebuild it. I will report how that goes. Today on my agenda is to go through all the 500 revisions available both dol and elf files to find out where they regained control of the hard drive coding to help pinpoint where the code is changed again.. That hopefully will help the coders get to this issue. If anyone runs across any information, please post.

thanks,
rathelfrog

I am also having this problem, but it doesn't happen 100% of the time - maybe half the time. I'm on 4.0U, IOS249 r10, r611. Same symptoms - multiple copies of the same game, each showing a different (incorrect) size. In WBFS Manager 3.0 the games show up fine.

Has anyone made any progress or heard anything on this?

Azadar

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:

I have the same Freeagent Silver 320 Micro USB 2.5 drive external no power source all usb powered!

but i used the software to turn off the timeout (power down) but it even when the Wii is off the usb lights on top are still lite I wanted it to shut off when the Will turned off.

Azadar

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DIDnt see the Wii-COnnect issue that was my problem I turned it off and now when I shut down the Wii the USB drive shuts off as well! Thanks so much guys!

Al Wood

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
0ld8oy said:
zorglub07 said:
0ld8oy said:

I know about this. i was just explaining to the other gentleman because I believe he was asking about auto downloads as soon as a game is installed. I definitely use the download feature for the covers I like but I prefer to manually add my alternate covers from other regions (E/J) for games like Twilight Princess or Dragon Quest Swords where the Japanese covers look better than the US covers. Same with the PAL Resident Evil 4 cover. Just a preference thing I guess.

USB Loader GX will not download cover art or disc art anymore. This was a result of the server that hosted the files demanding money (or something to that effect). And this will be the case until USB Loader GX is updated with a new server added for covers. In addition, if USB Loader GX is installed as a channel, it does not seem to have the ability to use covers off an SD card. This is the problem I'm currently trying to deal with.

USB Loader GX allows users to put png files for covers in SD Root:/images and disc covers in SD root:/images/disc but this will not work, or at least hasn't worked for me so far. It's possible that this might be a result of my png file sizes or the file names, because when the files are in the correct directories, 3 of my 11 or so games have the actual disc images, whereas the remainder has generic images and none of the covers come up.

My hope is to eventually find a compressed file with every disc cover and cover art, at the proper size, so I can just dump them all on the SD card and be set. I can then add any new files as I go. But I have had little luck. Sites need donations and other crap which I don't feel comfortable offering since I don't know what sites can be trusted. If anyone knows a reliable and free site for cover art and disc covers, or a better way to get these images added, I'm all ears!

Oh and while I'm typing away here, I got a "definition" question, and I'm searched around and I haven't been able to find a good answer.

What is the difference between a Loader and a Forwarder. From what I gather, a Loader is something you load from within Homebrew Channel, whereas a Forwarder is a channel... so, when I use USB Loader GX as a channel, I'm actually using a Forwarder. Does anyone have any thoughts to this? I'm just trying to broaden my knowledge here.

jakejm79

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Al Wood said:
Oh and while I'm typing away here, I got a "definition" question, and I'm searched around and I haven't been able to find a good answer.

What is the difference between a Loader and a Forwarder. From what I gather, a Loader is something you load from within Homebrew Channel, whereas a Forwarder is a channel... so, when I use USB Loader GX as a channel, I'm actually using a Forwarder. Does anyone have any thoughts to this? I'm just trying to broaden my knowledge here.

The loader is the actual program and is stored either on the HDD or SD Card, think of it as the .exe file for a program on your computer.
The forwarder is shortcut to launch the loader, think of it as the shortcut on your desktop that launches a specific program.
Then there is a channel which is the combination of the two, think of it as have the .exe on your desktop rather than buried away in a program folder.

Basically you either use the forwarder and loader or the full channel. Advantages of the forwarder and loader: easier to upgrade, forwarder takes up less internal memory on the wii. Advantages of the channel: no need for SD card or FAT partition on HDD, but will take up more space on the internal memory and unless you have a FAT partition or SD card covers and settings can't be saved.

ChokeD

The Contributor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Al Wood said:
USB Loader GX will not download cover art or disc art anymore.
Yes, it does download covers and cd art automatically if it is unlocked and you ask it to update the covers by clicking on a cover in the main menu. I advise you to unlock your Wii and upate the USB Loader GX. Then try updating your covers. I just tested it and it is working.
QUOTE(Al Wood @ Jul 17 2009, 09:29 PM) What is the difference between a Loader and a Forwarder. a Loader is something you load from within Homebrew Channel, whereas a Forwarder is a channel... so, when I use USB Loader GX as a channel, I'm actually using a Forwarder. Does anyone have any thoughts to this? I'm just trying to broaden my knowledge here.
A Loader is something you load from within Homebrew Channel, it is the actual app that loads your backups.
A forwarder is a channel that is a basic link to the loader to eliminate the need to start up your HBC in order to start up the Loader. Forwarder saves time and steps.

I wanted to report 2 types of a glitch or bug I ran across loading a few different games. If this has been covered please forgive me, I did not read all 551 pages but I did read quite a bit of this thread.

On some games while installing the blue progress bar extends to the right of the screen and then seems to lock up the app and I have to re-install the game AND/OR the blue progress bar extends to the right of the screen and then completes successfully and then no hand/cursor is seen but yet I can still highlight the "OK" along with feeling the vibration of the wiimote and everything works fine except you can't see the hand/cursor.

Which brings me to the question most of these games that got half if not to 90 something percent and never finished were not to be found on the HD afterwards. Can something be implemented to identify these partial files on the HD in the list, with also a means of deleting them ?? or is the file just overwritten when re-installing the game the second time ???

I hope this is helpful, it is not in anyway a gripe. I love you guys and your carefree way of testing new stuff. I've always tried to test out your new stuff that's posted but someone always beats me to the report.
smile.gif
I'll try to be a more active member in the near future.

EDIT:
I am also getting a lot of code dumps also. The backup will sometimes dump successfully but freeze before I'm told this and when I power on and off it says the backup is on there, but I always delete it and attempt to reinstall, which is then successful AND/OR it freezes and the backup doesn't show up after a power on and off and a reinstall is then successful. I feel some of this may be due to a dirty or scratched discs.

Wii NTSC-U
3.2U WiiKey
Forwarded to GX
GX is updated with Wii via net
using 249 I believe or 222 if it's important ask and I'll find out for sure.

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ChokeD said:
Can something be implemented to identify these partial files on the HD in the list, with also a means of deleting them ?? or is the file just overwritten when re-installing the game the second time ???
This is covered it that magic little readmii file. Read it people. It really is a smart little file and it might answer your question as well as the next one you would have asked. That's what it's there for, so you don't ask the same question that was just answered for somebody else.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Do you dangle a baggie in front of them, like a carrot?
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    they're the same thing
    +1
    i like that idea
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the same thing?
    +1
    before or after a hit
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also