• Likes 48

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I guess it's really the loader's fault if using the same IOS works fine in the other loaders.
the other user's problem started with 3.0, so I guess it's a different problem for you if even 2.3 didn't work.

I'm not very good with hardware, I didn't check how HDD are working yet so I can't provide a lot of help.
I might have to check the sources and compare with other loaders.

gbatempfan1

Trophies
XP
Country
I guess it's really the loader's fault if using the same IOS works fine in the other loaders. the other user's problem started with 3.0, so I guess it's a different problem for you if even 2.3 didn't work. I'm not very good with hardware, I didn't check how HDD are working yet so I can't provide a lot of help. I might have to check the sources and compare with other loaders.

Its fine for now since I can work around with using another loader. I just wanted to let you know what was going on to help confirm that it does seem to be USB GX's fault and make sure I didn't forgot to try anything important out. If you have any utilities you'd like me to run PC wise or wii wise, or anything else just let me know.

Thanks agian for your hard work!

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You can use a nand dump and put it in the nand folder on the root of your HDD.
I'm using a Sneek nand (Simple FS dumper nand) with GX without problem, but I didn't try a GX dump with sneek (it should work too).
Yeah, i can confirm, It doesn't matter where the nand is created, it should work. The only thing is, a cIOS created (via USBloader) nand handles some characters in VC/WiiWare folders differently, so theoretically this maybe can cause problems for some WW/VC in neek mode.

d.d.d.

Trophies
XP
Country
You can use a nand dump and put it in the nand folder on the root of your HDD.
I'm using a Sneek nand (Simple FS dumper nand) with GX without problem, but I didn't try a GX dump with sneek (it should work too).
Yeah, i can confirm, It doesn't matter where the nand is created, it should work. The only thing is, a cIOS created (via USBloader) nand handles some characters in VC/WiiWare folders differently, so theoretically this maybe can cause problems for some WW/VC in neek mode.
So then by using the NAND I made off of my Wii, should my NEEK NAND then be a perfect copy of how my real NAND is?? :blink:

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
the NAND contains characters which are incompatible on FAT32 (like : / ? etc.)
So these characters are replaced on the dump to be able to extract the files from the NAND.

Sneek use a different renaming scheme than d2x cIOS.

That's a very rare case that games have these characters, but it happens.
If you have some, the games will not work on the other emulator. (if you extracted it with Bootmii dump + show mii NAND, it will work with sneek, if you used a cIOS it will work with that cIOS only).
But usually, such characters are only for games, not for system files so sneek should boot on your extracted dump created with d2x/USBGX.

actar

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Sorry if I'm intruding into the discussion, but just to get a confirmation (or not).
Finally, if I want to use the emulated nand to start WiiWare using GX (using cIOS), the ideal is to create the nand with GX (that will created using the cIOS)?

Another question:
some users tell me about some problem (like black screen) using GX emulated nand for wiiware (installed and started using d2x cIOS), but after try to start it with uloader (where they start using Hermes cIOS), they became working also with GX using d2x cIOS. It's possible? Why?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
maybe related to the save file not present on the emuNAND, but uloader created it? (uloader works with emuNAND?)

Yes, it's best that you dump your NAND using GX if it's intended to use withing it, this way it's using the same cIOS for extraction/emulation.
Then you can install games using GX's Wad manager feature, but there have been reports about games not working if installed using GX, but working fine when using ShowMiiWads.

Reactions: 1 person

actar

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
maybe related to the save file not present on the emuNAND, but uloader created it? (uloader works with emuNAND?)
I can't say the file who create uloader, because this was said to me form other user.
But first i said a not correct thingh (the wad working good after install and launch one time with uloader)
This is exactly what they have done:
- downloaded uloader (LOL)
- create a folder "install" in "nand" folder
- launching uloader this will install all wad in emunand
- start each game with uloader almost one time (if they don't start, try to change IOS)
- now from GX all wiiware works good

Sorry if i said things that you said, or you don't ask for this.
Is so much time that i don't "play" with emunand, but i never had so much problem.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
If the game works in GX after launching it in another loader, then it's not the emuNAND creation, not the game data installation, nor the game compatibility.
It's certainly because uLoader did something when launched that GX didn't, and I thought about the savegame because there were reports that some WiiWare games only worked on emuNAND if there were savegame already created (or already on real NAND? I don't remember well).

Maybe it's missing the empty folder for the save path and uLoader created it?
I don't know, I will have to do some tests, but like always it will be after I made the GameCube dual disc working. (which I'm still far from working).

actar

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
In any case I will try to simulate the problem with my wii, for try to give you more precise information.

You finish your things easily and forget what I said (maybe I have wrong information).

And thanks for your time. ;)

lwiz

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I don't know, I will have to do some tests, but like always it will be after I made the GameCube dual disc working. (which I'm still far from working).

Does this mean that running multidisc GC games using DM(l) might be possible in future ULGX release?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I didn't say anything about DML.
I'm working on preventing the display of two titles for the same game (two line, two covers, two banner animation, etc.).

The problem is that it's always using the first encountered ISO path, so whichever the one you launch it's currently always launching the same disc. (and sometime Disc2 is before Disc1 alphabetically on the USB, so you can't even start a new game).

I plan to list one title per game, and ask which disc to use when the user launch it.
I'm still wondering how to code that correctly/efficiently (I need to keep both path in memory, I can't just ignore one of the game completly)

Reactions: 1 person

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
uLoader uses it's own format for emuNAND. It doesn't even use the same folder structure as more recent emuNAND stuff does.

I'm not sure if there's a way to add that format to GX when running under 222 but I know it doesn't currently support it. (It would probably just cause confusion having two different formats anyhow.)

Overseer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Can you chose indivdual game settings for chosing between DM(L) or Devolution?

For example have MK:Double Dash load through Devo and Super Mario Sunshine load through DM(L)?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
yes, there are global setting and individual settings too :)

By default, the Gamecube mode is set to "MIOS", which is the default mode of the Wii when launching gamecube games, it can be official MIOS, cMIOS, MIOS+NMM, DIOS MIOS, DIOS MIOS Lite, QuadForce.
It's the mode used for launching games from disc too.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You can check the gbatemp's wiki GC compatibility list for DIOS MIOS and DIOS MIOS Lite or the official list from the developer.

As for NMM + MIOS I don't know the compatibility, but it's certainly the same as DM(L).
I suppose it's best to use DIOS MIOS (Lite) which also work with retail game disc if you want NMM feature, instead of using the old NMM which replaced BC (if it's a compatible game).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    PandaPandel @ PandaPandel: yassssss i love emerald