• Views 7,279,203
  • Replies 29,410
  • Likes 48

AngryGreek766

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I didn't change anything related to the emuNAND.
I'll check what can be the problem based on the changes since r1200

But there are still a problem on the Wad installer, some games works only when installed on emuNAND with another wad manager/ShowMiiWads.

I don't know if it's related, I tried only r1203.
I have a working game (Toki Tori) which I had on my real nand, I dumped the nand and it worked fine on emuNAND.
I completed a level and it saved it fine, and on the next level loading, the game froze.
I thought the game data got corrupted somehow.
I tried reinstalling it with ShowMiiWad, the game launch and the save file works, but it still freeze when loading a level.

Maybe it's not the gameData which is wrong, but other files on the emuNAND.
I'll try with different revision and settings.
toki tori didnt not work for me on emunand... i mean it started and i played i think a bit of the first level then it froze..and all attempts after that froze as well. Just a FYI. I think this is a different issue anyway i havnt tried deleting my emunand and just dumping it again and installing the wads cuz i dont wanna risk losing the wads i have working and installed already. But i no its no the wads themselves.

sunypraystation

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys, was wondering if you can all help me here :)
I can get all of my games to run full speed with DIOS MIOS but super smash bros. melee(usa) is slow and wont load a stage.
Any help would be appreciated.

grawss

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My setup:

USB Loader GX r1203
DIOS MIOS 2.4
cIOS249, d2x_v9_r49
Seagate 2TB GoFlex HD

I find that I can run Gamecube games just fine if I am to use a 16gig flash drive, but the 2TB drive only works when plugged into USB_1, and even then only intermittently. Wii games run like a dream and I have no further problems with the drive.

This may be a shot in the dark, but I'm curious if anyone has an easy solution to this problem. When plugged into USB_0, the drive is immediately recognized within a half second or so of running USB Loader GX. After turning off the annoying sleep feature using Seagate Dashboard, it also reinitializes upon returning from a game and stays initialized for as long as I need it.

During my lurking spree, I've learned that DIOS MIOS will broaden its search to the second USB port if it happens to fail to find any games attached to the first. It would seem the transition between the loader to DIOS MIOS causes the drive to spin down (due to the power going off I'd imagine), and DIOS MIOS isn't picking up the drive before its five to ten seconds have passed, resulting in a failure. While annoying, this isn't much of an issue; I'm patient enough to wait the small amount of time before a given game initializes. Plus, I'd rather not pile what appears to be a DIOS MIOS issue atop the awesome developers of USB Loader GX.

The bigger issue is whenever I leave USB Loader GX and come back, the drive will fail to be recognized unless I unplug and plug it back in while it's doing its "Changing USB Port to 1" business. This is following the "Waiting for HDD: XX Seconds Remaining" message that pops up despite having only USB_1 enabled in the Loader settings. I suppose I'm just unsure why it'd need to change to a port at all; it seems more likely it would just never query USB_0. This is likely ignorance on my part.

Thoughts?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
the loader need to query both ports to find if there are drives attached. As port 0 is the default and first checked, you need to tell the loader to not query port 0.
You can edit the meta.xml located in the loader's folder in a text editor, remove the commented lines and set the port to 1 instead of 0.

I hope it fix your port shuting down (the cIOS shouldn't shut down the port to enable the next one, but it occurs on some Wii. Mine has this problem and the device is disconnected when swapping the port).

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
if you are using the latest beta of the loader, it's auto detected and set to the correct version.
if you are not using the latest beta of the loader, then follow what DIOS MIOS is telling you : update your loader

Little hint:
You can check your current version in the loader settings > credit page.
official v3.0 = r1180
latest beta = r1203

a link should be available one or two pages ago.
You need to update manually (replace the boot.dol file on your SD card). The loader's internal update only check official releases, not the betas.

pBullet

SHSL Idol
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to eliminate the problem where I have to unplug/replug the drive? Is there settings for the HDD I should configure or is it something I need to do with GX?

grawss

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to eliminate the problem where I have to unplug/replug the drive? Is there settings for the HDD I should configure or is it something I need to do with GX?

What drive is it? Some have a sleep feature which causes them to idle after a certain amount of inactivity. My drive (Seagate GoFlex 2TB) had the same issue and it was fixed by turning it off via Seagate Dashboard.

the loader need to query both ports to find if there are drives attached. As port 0 is the default and first checked, you need to tell the loader to not query port 0.
You can edit the meta.xml located in the loader's folder in a text editor, remove the commented lines and set the port to 1 instead of 0.

I hope it fix your port shuting down (the cIOS shouldn't shut down the port to enable the next one, but it occurs on some Wii. Mine has this problem and the device is disconnected when swapping the port).

No change. Setting the argument to USB_1 results in the same shutdown upon restart (while gamecube games work), setting it to USB_0 causes gamecube games to fail and the same shutdown upon restart.

Some variations (with hermes 222, GX1203_222, no meta.xml arguments, both ports active in settings):

USB_0: 2TB Seagate (wii games, nand, images)
USB_1: 16gig flash drive (GC games)

Result: Gamecube games go to black screen on a fresh start, USB_0 fails to initialize on subsequence USB Loader starts and gamecube games throw me to the HBC (odd?).

USB_0: 16gig flash drive (GC games)
USB_1: 2TB Seagate (wii games, nand, images)

Result: Gamecube games work perfectly, "Mounting USB Port to 1" hangs (pulling the HDD and plugging it back in works).

USB_0: 16gig flash drive (GC games + Wii game)

Result: Everything works. Not enough space!

USB_0: 2TB Seagate (GC games, nand, images, Wii games)

Result: My initial problem. Gamecube games don't work. In USB_1, they work but the drive won't initialize upon restart.

Thanks for the help Cyan. Luckily my problems aren't too severe; hopefully my listing of all this stuff will help someone with a more compatible drive who can't get anything to work at all. Also, I have all the DIOS MIOS revisions from 2.0 and up if anyone wants them.

pBullet

SHSL Idol
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not a sleep feature, as the drive is on, and the drive remains on while I play a game as well. It's only that GX requires me to unplug/replug it in, while other loaders do not. I was just curious as to why GX is the only loader that wants me to do this, as GX is my favorite loader out of all of them so far.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
@grawss:
Thanks for the detailed test.
Though, I'm afraid I can't help you more.

Port1 is working only with Hermes or d2x r49+, but I didn't test it fully as my Wii is shutting down the HDD when switching port on boot, resulting in hangs.
Maybe you have the same problem has me. I suppose it's caused by the controller/console itself as not all other users have this problem.
I don't know any fix for that :(

@pBullet:
Could you try with r2.3?
I asked often this, but I'm not sure if it helps of not. some users reported detection problem starting from v3.0
Dimok changes few things in the USB init, might be the cause, but I didn't check what's wrong. (I don't know a lot how USB and HDD are working, I don't want to mess things).

grawss

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@grawss:
Thanks for the detailed test.
Though, I'm afraid I can't help you more.

Port1 is working only with Hermes or d2x r49+, but I didn't test it fully as my Wii is shutting down the HDD when switching port on boot, resulting in hangs.
Maybe you have the same problem has me. I suppose it's caused by the controller/console itself as not all other users have this problem.

It's alright. Thanks anyway. Hopefully the next release of d2x or DIOS MIOS will fix the issue. I have no qualms about only being able to use one USB port as long as I don't have to unplug and plug in the drive every time.

What seems fixable is the problem of not being able to use GC games when the drive is plugged into USB_0 unless the drive is my flash drive. If I can use them in USB_1, why not 0? DIOS MIOS might benefit from the same initialization code used for USB_1 to be copied over to USB_0, assuming we're not dealing with two different chips or some wonky thing like that.

mr_flibble

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was using the last stable version of usb loader gx and everything was working fine. I read a post that said in order to use DIOS MIOS (no the light version on the usb), I needed to update to the latest version. I did so and now whenever the loader boots it says "exception DSI occured" and a longs list of numbers. after 20 mins it reloads back to the homebrew channels. Any idea what i did wrong. BTW i used this guide to softmod if that helps :
http://www.wiihacks.com/recommended-faqs-guides-tutorials-only/96886-guide-softmod-any-wii.html

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
copy the dol again (just in case it was corrupted).
Does going back to v3.0 fix the problem?

Try booting without the HDD connected
Try deleting the config files (make a backup first if you want).

If nothing fixed it, please post a screen of the dump (all these numbers), and specify the exact revision of the loader you used.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
@cyan : is the googlecode beta thread still the preferred way to notify the usblgx devs on issues?

Just to make sure,

Comment 3011 by [email protected], Nov 5 (42 hours ago)
Just reporting a problem that is nagging me for some time now.

Forcing 480p for some games does'nt work.
Even setting the sneek video patch does not work on the following games and keep reverting to 480i.

World championship poker 2007, Moto GP 08

These games CAN be patched and loaded in 480 p using the sneek + all setting in cfg loader.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
yes, I read your comment there, but didn't say anything.
I don't own these games so I can't try it myself, but I will have to send you some build to test for me.

I didn't try anything yet (sorry, I'm not working as much or fast as Dimok did :P, I'm often watching videos and playing (too much) games myself instead of coding)

Edit:
It never worked, right?
Old revision (3.0 or older) have this problem too?

I changed some video mode settings for DML, but I reverted it for the next revision (just in case it affects Wii games, I prefer being safe as I can't test everything myself).

themanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I implemented tabs like in PJM's mockup and posted them in this topic back in August. First tab is Wii games, second is GameCube, and third is WiiWare/VC on emulated NAND.

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B2O7PgaXgSOXTkozRUJsTVhQNXc
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B2O7PgaXgSOXYmlwQ0xMai1Ibm8

Changed files:
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B2O7PgaXgSOXVEo5VlBEODdnLU0
Can anybody provide a compile of these changes over the latest beta?
I would like to use the tab system.

Halil

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Can anybody provide a compile of these changes over the latest beta?
I would like to use the tab system.

Hi everyone, long time user, but first time poster.

The tabs are not complete.
You only get the tabs correct on the channel layout and if you have real nand games, you can't see these.

It wold be nice if there would be a tabbed view, where you can also select the views with the covers in addition to the channel layout and you could specify your own criteria for the tabs. That way you can have a tab for Wii, GC, Wiiware originals, N64, SNES, etc.
Cyan mentioned he would maybe look into it after he's done with the double disc gamecube games, i believe.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: hi