• Views 7,272,047
  • Replies 29,400
  • Likes 48

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
yes, I read your comment there, but didn't say anything.
I don't own these games so I can't try it myself, but I will have to send you some build to test for me.

I didn't try anything yet (sorry, I'm not working as much or fast as Dimok did :P, I'm often watching videos and playing (too much) games myself instead of coding)

Edit:
It never worked, right?
Old revision (3.0 or older) have this problem too?

I changed some video mode settings for DML, but I reverted it for the next revision (just in case it affects Wii games, I prefer being safe as I can't test everything myself).
Thank you Cyan, I know you are working very hard!

A long time ago I mentioned this problem also.
I figured usbl gx being stable as it is now, I'd mention this issue once more.
As far as I know this problem has been around for a long time now.
As I recall it was mentioned that it has something to do with the sneek video patch method but, I'm not sure as I have zero coding skills.

CFG loader has this option also but spans more options for this. ( sneek + all )
This work as it should.

Hopefully this is an easy fix.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thank you Cyan, I know you are working very hard!.
no, I'm not :ninja: (at least not on the loader. I wish I would stop working forever from my job.. but still need 30 years)

On CFG, these games work in 480p only when sneek patch setting is enabled?
or does it work with default "force progressive" without sneek enabled?
I never found a game requiring it, so I never tested it myself, but I can check the code and use the same one if different.

Can anybody provide a compile of these changes over the latest beta?
I would like to use the tab system.
There's a build few pages back, with dol and patch.
if the dol is not the latest, the patch can be applied without problem to the sources.

Like he said, it works only in channel layout, but you can use a theme to move the menu at the bottom in all layers.

edit:
http://gbatemp.net/threads/usb-loader-gx.149922/page-817#post-4428976
and it's r1203 :D

The included patch can be applied to r1203 sources, then when there are new revision, you can update the sources and the changes for tabs will stay (as long as I don't modify the same part).

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
no, I'm not :ninja: (at least not on the loader. I wish I would stop working forever from my job.. but still need 30 years)

On CFG, these games work in 480p only when sneek patch setting is enabled?
or does it work with default "force progressive" without sneek enabled?
I never found a game requiring it, so I never tested it myself, but I can check the code and use the same one if different.

There's a build few pages back, with dol and patch.
if the dol is not the latest, the patch can be applied without problem to the sources.

Like he said, it works only in channel layout, but you can use a theme to move the menu at the bottom in all layers.

edit:
http://gbatemp.net/threads/usb-loader-gx.149922/page-817#post-4428976
and it's r1203 :D

The included patch can be applied to r1203 sources, then when there are new revision, you can update the sources and the changes for tabs will stay (as long as I don't modify the same part).

Yes, those games are only in 480p if the sneek + all setting is used.
I left the video on system default ( 480p ), and set video patch to sneek + all. ( sneek only resuted in black screen )
CFG loader does not have an option to force progressive mode, at least it's not named this way in video options.
So system default would normally be the right choice, and the video patch must be set to sneek + all in order to get 480p for those games.

EDIT: seems I was wrong for Moto GP, this game cannot be forced to 480p, at least not in cfg loader.
Championship poker 2007 on the other hand still has this problem.

themanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, guys. I'll try that dol but if it does no show my real nand games, I'm not sure I'll use it for long. At least it will give me a taste of what it might look like.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks Hielkenator for the precision. I'll take a look when I have some free time.

@Themanuel:
You can display them, just click the "WiiWare" tab, which is pre-configured to display NAND channels only. Then go to the "Origin" menu and add real NAND (or Wii or other)
It require an additional step after switching the tab, but you can have real NAND display.
The tabs as he did it are just shortcut for specific "Origin" combination.

If you want to ALWAYS display both channels (real/nand), you can change the sources and recompile it.
File : GameBrowseMenu.cpp
Line 1401:
Replace
Code:
		int choice = MODE_EMUCHANNELS;
to
Code:
		int choice = MODE_EMUCHANNELS  | MODE_NANDCHANNELS;
to select both Channels when clicking this tab.

You can also do this to select the correct tab when manually changing the displayed games (optional):
Line 643 and 648:
Replace
Code:
==
to
Code:
&

Line 653:
Replace
Code:
	else if(Settings.LoaderMode == MODE_EMUCHANNELS) {
To
Code:
	else if(Settings.LoaderMode & (MODE_EMUCHANNELS | MODE_NANDCHANNELS)) {
Untested, but should work to Autoselect that tab if Real OR nand OR both are selected, but no other origin (only a channel, if there are Wii + channel, it will default to Wii tab)

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Is there any workaround for Metal gear twin snakes? ( DIOSMIOS )
Usb loader gx does not seem to able to display the difference between disc 1 and 2.

51mmz0rz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need some help getting gamesaves to load from NAND using USB Loader GX r1203. This WAS working, but I was reinstalling some IOSes based on the "how to softmod any wii" guide (trying to get DIOS MIOS working) and I broke saving/loading to/from EmuNAND.

I can load a game from the USB HDD no problem, my settings are FULL for both NAND Channel and NAND save, my two paths are set correctly, but when I save the game, it ends up on my real NAND (I can view/delete it using the stock system menu).

Here's my syscheck: http://syscheck.softwii.de/yQrlHoOD

I am out of ideas, looking for ANY advice.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
@hielkenator: I still need to add a fix for disc detection.
until then, you need to use only one disc at a time on your devices.
MGS requires that you swap discs and doesn't save before that so you can't go to disc 2, unless you use devolution or dolphin emulator.

for Devolution:
games/MGS twin snakes/game.iso
games/MGS_disc2.iso

@51mmz0rz:
You still have the full NAND dump on your SD/USB?
if you have the "NAND Emulation (Save)" set to "Full" it should work.
If you didn't have the correct cIOS it wouldn't launch with the NANDemu setting enabled.

Maybe you have the GlobalSetting set to "Full" and the individual game setting set to "Disable" ?
set the global to "Disable" and the individual to "Full"
or
set the global to "Full" and the individual to "Use global"

51mmz0rz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I have tried every mix of setting between the global and game specific, and none have worked. Most of the time I'm using Global: Full, Full; Game: Use Global, Use Global. I have just tried deleting the 'config' folder from the root of my USB device, and all of the config files in the usbloader_gx folder, then reapplying the settings. I've also tried redumping a clean version of my nand, and replacing it on the root of my USB device. These also did not work.

Open to any other suggestions, since I feel like I have tried everything...

EDIT: It is looking like some kinda of USB compatibility issue. Wii games load without any problem, but their saves do not (strangely it defaults back to internal NAND rather than failing).

I borrowed a new external HDD. This drive works. The drives are formatted exactly the same (they were converted using wbfs2fat, and have a 32k cluster size). I cloned this working drive to a new partition on my old drive and it did not work. The last step is to completely format the drive and mirror the "working" file structure. If this fails either A) Something happened to my HDD, or B) The new cIOSes actually reduced the compatibility.

torcuato2008

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi All,

Just updated to new version (copy of the app folder with the dol), and the button strip on the top is hardly viewable, I have been playing around with the settings but I am not capable to get it to resize for it to appear correctly like it did in the previous version.

Could somebody please tell me what settings to configure. I have also tried with screen settings in the wii but with no luck.

Thanks!!

torcuato2008

Trophies
XP
Country
Try using the Y overscan option in GUI Settings

Thank you very much pBullet , It worked with -20 and now it's viewable. Just a minor glitch: when you load a game you can't see the game count caption it hides underneath the screen. I guess you can't fix that and the button strip..

Regards

pBullet

SHSL Idol
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you using 4:3?

I had the same problem with 4:3 but swapping to 16:9 ending up fixing a lot of the weird display problems.

You could try using both the overscan options at like -30 to see if that fixes it for you.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
@cyan : is the googlecode beta thread still the preferred way to notify the usblgx devs on issues?

Just to make sure,

Comment 3011 by [email protected], Nov 5 (42 hours ago)
Just reporting a problem that is nagging me for some time now.

Forcing 480p for some games does'nt work.
Even setting the sneek video patch does not work on the following games and keep reverting to 480i.

World championship poker 2007, Moto GP 08

These games CAN be patched and loaded in 480 p using the sneek + all setting in cfg loader.
Just adding Madworld NTSC to the list.
Patchable to 480p in CFG loader, No way to get this in usb loader GX ( just 480i )

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
the "play count" not affected by the Y overscan is a known bug.
I will fix it (one day).

There's another problem with the overscan : the cursor is not aligned correctly in all modes. It's starting to be a problem past +/-20
I don't know how projection is working (it's related to 3D rendering, I never checked that yet. I'm really slow at working on the code).

Ah, I have Mad World, I can test/debug with it.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
the "play count" not affected by the Y overscan is a known bug.
I will fix it (one day).

There's another problem with the overscan : the cursor is not aligned correctly in all modes. It's starting to be a problem past +/-20
I don't know how projection is working (it's related to 3D rendering, I never checked that yet. I'm really slow at working on the code).

Ah, I have Mad World, I can test/debug with it.

Ratio of normal buttons could also use a little work, in 3:4 mode they are skewed a bit...but really it's a very minor issue.

countertenor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wanted to post here about a problem I've had with USB Loader GX. I posted about it in the past over at wiihacks.

If I follow the softmod any wii guide, and do a fresh install of USB Loader GX 3.0 (current official release) Skyward Sword works without any problem. However if I install Dios Mios and update USB Loader to rev 1198 or above to get gamecube support, then Skyward Sword, almost never makes it past the wiimote calibration screens and when it does it freezes indefinitely on the first screen transition once the game starts, forcing me to manually shut down the Wii.

Again if I reinstall the mod package (which also removes Dios Mios) and I install the official release of USB Loader GX, Skyward Sword works again no problem. Another bit of info is that rev 1198 or higher still seem to work decently with Skyward Sword until I install Dios Mios support. Not sure why Dios Mios would lead to this issue with Skyward Sword, but I've also noticed that it occurs occasionally in the middle of some other wii games as well. Again I seem only to have these problems when Dios Mios is installed.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
So, with original MIOS, the game works fine, whichever revision of the loader.
then it's not a loader's problem. The loader doesn't load/check/use the MIOS in Wii games.

Did you try another loader?
Did you try different version of DM(L)? (if you have more than one).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: more of a platinum guy myself personally