• Views 7,279,203
  • Replies 29,410
  • Likes 48

doveman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I was trying to Dump NAND yesterday but I couldn't work out how to dump it to my SD card. The Path setting defaults to / and I wasn't sure what to change that to, to point to my SD card (or I could do it to USB if SD card won't work).

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
what are you using to dump your NAND ?

If you are using a homebrew (like Simple FS Dumper), it's extracted to the root of the SD card.
then you need to move the extracted files to a subfolder if you want to use subforders (not mandatory).

But the best is to use the NAND dumper feature directly in USBLoaderGX.
- First, go to Settings > User paths > NAND Emulation (Save) : SD:/nand/ (this is the default path, change it if you want usb, or another folder)

- Second, go to Settings > Features > Dump NAND > Full
it will extract your current NAND to the NAND path.

doveman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, I was using USBLoaderGX.

I went to Dump Nand and that had two options, Full Dump and Path (something like that, I'm going by memory) and selecting path showed it defaulted to / and there wasn't anyway to enter a : so I couldn't change it to SD:/

I did the Full Dump anyway but it didn't go to the SD card so I presume it dumped to the USB HDD but I've got no easy way to move the files from that.

I'll have a look at the User paths setting as you suggest though and hopefully I can change it to SD:/nand/ from there.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yeah, I was using USBLoaderGX.

I went to Dump Nand and that had two options, Full Dump and Path (something like that, I'm going by memory) and selecting path showed it defaulted to / and there wasn't anyway to enter a : so I couldn't change it to SD:/

I did the Full Dump anyway but it didn't go to the SD card so I presume it dumped to the USB HDD but I've got no easy way to move the files from that.

I'll have a look at the User paths setting as you suggest though and hopefully I can change it to SD:/nand/ from there.
The NAND Extract option named "Path" is not used to select the destination path! it's to select the Origin path (on the real NAND, if you want to extract only 1 file, you point to that file on your real NAND, and it will be extracted to the default destination path)

The default destination path is SD:/nand/. If you never changed it, then when you selected "Full" it extracted all your nand to that default path. check your SD card on your computer, you should have a folder named "nand" and inside you have multiple folders (that's your extracted NAND which will be emulated by the loader if you want to)

@Shag:
If you compile r1203 with Garfunkiel mod, you can post the dol here as long as you provide the patch/modified sources with it. (make a .diff or .patch file, it's easier than the way garfunkiel released it).

gbatempfan1

Trophies
XP
Country
My usb flash drive works fine in Configurable USB Loader, but fails in USB Loader GX

I've tried port 0&1 and the following IOS's

Code:
IOS202[60] (rev 65535 Info: hermesrodries-v6): Trucha Bug	NAND Access	USB 2.0	
IOS222[38] (rev 4 Info: hermes-v4): Trucha Bug	ES Identify	NAND Access	USB 2.0
IOS223[38+37] (rev 4 Info: hermes-v4): Trucha Bug	ES Identify	NAND Access	USB 2.0
IOS224[57] (rev 65535 Info: hermesrodries-v6): Trucha Bug	NAND Access	USB 2.0	
IOS236[36] (rev 65535 Info: rev 3351): Trucha Bug	ES Identify	NAND Access	
IOS249[56] (rev 21009 Info: d2x-v9beta(r49)): Trucha Bug	NAND Access	USB 2.0	
IOS250[57] (rev 21009 Info: d2x-v9beta(r49)): Trucha Bug	NAND Access	USB 2.0

And here is a debug log from USB Config Loader 70rev48 : http://pastebin.com/jYpNd8wt
That shows that the drive works fine with it.

And this is the full syscheck.csv: http://pastebin.com/xfdYKZQd

Is there a way to do a debug log with usb loader gx, I looked in the menu but didn't see anything, but might of missed it.

Configurable USB Loader considers it a RAW FAT32 partition when it mounts it, could that be the problem?

I was wondering what the next step might be?

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
maybe it's a IOS reloading game.
check if you have "Block IOS Reload" set to Enabled. if not, try it.
If it's already set to enabled, then try another loader please (to know if it's the iso itself, or the loader's problem).
I fix it, the game wasn't compatible to be played on NTSC 480p mode, I forced it to NTSC and it run just fine :)

doveman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The NAND Extract option named "Path" is not used to select the destination path! it's to select the Origin path (on the real NAND, if you want to extract only 1 file, you point to that file on your real NAND, and it will be extracted to the default destination path)

The default destination path is SD:/nand/. If you never changed it, then when you selected "Full" it extracted all your nand to that default path. check your SD card on your computer, you should have a folder named "nand" and inside you have multiple folders (that's your extracted NAND which will be emulated by the loader if you want to.

Just as well I didn't change the Path then ;)

Anyway, it didn't put anything on the SD card, not even create a nand folder so I don't know where it dumped it to. Like I said, I'll check the settings next time to see if it is set to SD:/nand/

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
We don't have such logs, it could be useful.
It seems since v3.0 we have problems with USB initialization, we got few users report saying their drive stopped being detected/mounted.
I think dimok changed something but I didn't check it yet.

Could you try with v2.3?

hamster:
It's great you found the problem.
It's not something I would have think for such symptom.
There are so many settings and possibility that it's sometime not easy to help everyone.

themanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When in favorite view mode, games that have been marked as "New" but not marked as favorites will show up along with games marked as favorites.

Is this on purpose or a bug?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
it's on purpose (and an idea of mine).
it's because you usually want to play the new game you just bought/added!

It let you see it without having to de-activate the favorite + search all your games + mark it as favorite + set favorite back to see the game you want to launch right now after buying it.
Having it displayed while still on fav let you decide how many star you want to grant it without much steps (Yeah, I'm that lazy :lol: ).

If you don't want it to be a fav, just wait 24h and it will be hidden automatically.
If you really want to hide it (for kids?), you can always disable the "display new" setting for today and set it back tomorrow, or edit the time in the config file (that is if you really don't want to see it while still keeping other games marked as new, but if it's for hiding it to kids the best option is parental control).

themanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you don't want it to be a fav, just wait 24h and it will be hidden automatically.
If you really want to hide it (for kids?), you can always disable the "display new" setting for today and set it back tomorrow, or edit the time in the config file (that is if you really don't want to see it while still keeping other games marked as new, but if it's for hiding it to kids the best option is parental control).
I think it's a good idea. In fact this is why I had commented to you before that there was a bug with favorites with a previous beta. I was seeing all my games under favorites after changing hard drives and the next day tried the new beta, by which time the "new" games had disappeared from favorites, leading me to believe the new beta had fixed it.

Thanks.

pBullet

SHSL Idol
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I tried the beta, and my gamecube games loaded perfectly along with the category hiding the games I wanted to be hidden!

Though, I myself use the actual channel instead of the forwarder as it loads faster. Is there a way you could perhaps put the beta into channel form? If not, could you show me how to do that?

Shag

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have compiled a r1203 .dol file with Garfunkiel's tab mods. They are overlayed in all view modes but Show their true benifit with default theme and in channel mode. Here is the link to the patch file, image folder and .dol file if someone would like to see his tabs in Channel mode.
With the patch file and the data image folder merged in your svn you can also compile.
http://www.mediafire.com/?ktkx8knmzx8ed

later Shag
Thanks for the Help Cyan

Reactions: 1 person

d.d.d.

Trophies
XP
Country
But the best is to use the NAND dumper feature directly in USBLoaderGX.
- First, go to Settings > User paths > NAND Emulation (Save) : SD:/nand/ (this is the default path, change it if you want usb, or another folder)

- Second, go to Settings > Features > Dump NAND > Full
it will extract your current NAND to the NAND path.

So for a *NEEK setup, I can use this NAND dump?

Also, I'm trying to find out how to set up SNEEK (or whatever version that will let me play my WW games off my USB or SD). Does anyone have a good guide or recommendation to help get me setup? Thanks~

Shag

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can use a nand dump and put it in the nand folder on the root of your HDD. then create a sneek folder on the root of hdd to put neek2o in. If you use modmii it will create a guide for you and guide you to where you need to put everything. and the official support form for neek2o is here. http://gbatemp.net/t.../313314-neek2o/

later
Shag

Reactions: 1 person

gbatempfan1

Trophies
XP
Country
We don't have such logs, it could be useful.
It seems since v3.0 we have problems with USB initialization, we got few users report saying their drive stopped being detected/mounted.
I think dimok changed something but I didn't check it yet.

Could you try with v2.3?

My test reference drive was a 4 gig flash drive that works no matter the homebrew/loader and it works fine in 2.3 and 3.0. My problematic flash drive (16 gb) contiues to fail in both USB LOADER GX 2.3 and 3.0 under those IOS I mentioned earlier. It does work fine in Configurable USB Loader and other software I've tested.

If there is anything else you would like me to do, just let me know.

Thanks for the reply!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: hi