• Likes 48

rizzod

Not a New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
DIOS MIOS Lite = SD card only
DIOS MIOS = USB only

If you are using USB Loader GX r1202, you should see the version that the loader detected by going into the Settings > Credit.

If GX doesn't report any DM or DML version on the top right, then you have a problem detecting your installed version.
It could be because you are not using AHBPROT (launching GX directly from Priiloader, or missing the tag in the meta.xml when launched from HBC.

If these two cases are not your current setup, and you still don't see the version in the Credit window, let me know how you are launching USBLoaderGX.

I can give you the latest beta (unreleased) with many bug fixed.

On the credit screen on the top right I see:
Rev1202 IOS249 (Rev 21008)
(d2x v8final base56)
I'm not launching it via AHBPROT. I am launching from the Homebrew channel though.

pBullet

SHSL Idol
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, so it exists in a revision after 3.0.

I load USB Loader GX through a channel on my NAND (as it autoboots it and I don't want it to autoboot from SD card), so I guess I'll have to wait until you release the next revision that has the channel updated as well.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You don't need to wait.

There are two different Channel version:

Full Channel: the loader is installed on your Wii's memory. you need to wait for a new official release to update it.
Forwarder Channel: The channel doesn't contain the USBloader's code, but only a forwarder. it's a program which acts like a shortcut and load files located elsewhere.
With the forwarder, you put the boot.dol on your SD card or USB, and it's easy to update. The forwarder launch that file, usually placed here: SD:/apps/usbloader_gx/boot.dol

You need to install the Forwarder channel (it's in a Wad format, you use a Wad manager to install it).
It's provided inside the package that you downloaded with USBLoader v3.0
It's called Forwarder 5.1 "UNEO"

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It seems that ShowMiiWads has a better success rate than the internal Wad manager.

I didn't check the manager yet, you can just use SMW instead if a game doesn't work with the internal manager.

A little more info on EmuNand path.
There are two type : Wii and Channel.

Wii:
The Wii mode has two sub-type : Partial or Full.

The Partial mode doesn't require a NAND dump, it's just a way to save the savegame of Wii and channels on the SD or USB instead of storing them on the Wii. (it emulate the save path only)
It works on both Wii games and Channel located on Wii NAND (everything that write to the Real NAND save path actually).

Full mode emulates everything, and redirect all access to the Emulated path.
Saves of course, but also Mii, Config, Wiimote synch info, installed data, IOS, etc.
In this case you need a full NAND copy (you can dump your NAND in Settings > Features > Dump NAND. It will be saved in "EmuNAND Save" path specified in the settings)

Channels:
The channel mode is used only for Channels on EmuNAND. (not the channel on real NAND).
As it require all Channel data to be read from the Emulated NAND, it can't be partial.

USBLoaderGX allow the user to use two different paths for "Wii" (only the save) and "Channel" in case you would like to store the saves of your Wii games in partial mode only and keep these separated from the your EmuNAND channels.
But you can of course use the exact same path for both Emulated NAND.

nakata6790

True Player
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I have MDK2 and Motoheroz installed in Wii NAND, because they don't work from emunand for me. I play them through GX, but i have a question. Can i read those 2 games' savegames from the emunand, in order to free space from Wii NAND?
I don't see any option in their settings, and i already have copied their savegames to emunand. However, they still save in Wii nand.

Judging by Cyan's post above, selecting partial from global settings is enough?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yes, you can set "EmuNAND (save)" to Partial if you want the Channels on the Real NAND to save/load the savegames on the SD or USB instead of the Wii.

You can set it in the global (if you are sure that ALL your previous saves are already on emuNAND*), or on a game by game basis in the game settings.

*If you didn't extract all your savegame from Wii to EmuNAND and you set "Partial" in the global settings, your previous saves won't be found.
You can either select the "Copy Save" features in the settings (it will extract and replace all saves to EmuNAND save path), or also game by game basis, in their settings you can select Extract save.

----

Are there any users with Devolution working on r1202?
The user who tested it for me reported it as non working (black screen). Is that the case for everyone? (please don't report if you have a modchip).

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
I'm not sure if this helps at all with the devolution problem but devolution needs AHBPROT. d2x v8 doesn't have it patched out but v9 does.
Even then, I'm not sure if loses AHBPROT when reloading back into IOS58. I think that without AHBPROT devolution can still run games off the SD, though, but I haven't tested this out.

cytokinetic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone,
I was told that you cannot use a wbfs formatted USB HDD to put on GC isos, but it looks like that is not correct. I am using the latest 3.0 GX and when I go to rip the game to the USB HDD, it says there isn't enough room. I think it's trying to put it on the SD card and when I go to paths, I don't see how to change it to USB. Is there a way to do this?
What are some other ways to get .gcm files and isos onto the HDD?

damysteryman

I am too busy IRL these days...
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I think it's trying to put it on the SD card and when I go to paths, I don't see how to change it to USB.
you cannot use a wbfs formatted USB HDD to put on GC isos
Sorry... just could not resist :P
But, there is your answer as to why though.

Perhaps the best options for you would be to either:
1. abandon WBFS and use FAT32 (this is the best option, and what most people use nowadays, it would definitely allow both WIi and GC titles on same HDD)
or
2. split the HDD into 2 partitions, one WBFS, one FAT32 (but not sure if this option would work, or if the WBFS partition can be "shrunken down" without being damaged)

I recommend option 1, just abandon WBFS, it is well outdated anyway.

Also, while I am here... may I please report a small game compatibility problem, and request a feature? (not sure how many people would use it though)

First, the bug. USB Loader GX has problems with Korean isos, due to them using a different comon key from normal. Support was added in d2x cIOS and CFG USB Loader a while ago though, so the cIOS does support them and they CAN be launched...
However, whenever USB Loader GX tries to access anything on a Korean disc (such any file, like banner info), the app crashes with a code dump. I posted a fix for this in this thread a while ago, but it appears to have been overlooked. Here is the original post containing the fix:
http://gbatemp.net/topic/149922-usb-loader-gx/page__view__findpost__p__4175124

Also, here is my request. Would it be possible to add support for the titles.txt? (Just like what CFG USB Loader has)
I mainly use it over the gametdb titles for custom naming my .iso with my own naming convention, and for manipulating the order in which they appear in the list during display and selection.
...Or is there something exactly like this already implemented in USL Loader GX that I may have overlooked?

@Cyan what do you think of these two things?
I appreciate what you guys have done with USB Loader GX thus far though, and I know these two things may not seem important, but it would be great if they could be added whenever you get the time.

Reactions: 1 person

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks for the fix, I guess I missed that post.
Will be in r1203.

About the titles.txt, I remember it was supported on the first releases, I don't know if the code was removed but I can add it back.
I will have to work on the game's titles after v3.1
The Wiitdb renaming function is not used for channels (not loaded at that time so parental level are ignored) and it randomly doesn't rename games at loader's launch, I don't know why yet.

Most users didn't notice it as they already use the correct game name in the folder's path, but users on wbfs or using wrong path name will notice it.

User's renamed games should already work, you can rename them directly inside the loader and the titles are stored in the Title Cache config file.
Though, I noticed the cache is sometime buggy and is not used correctly :(
Another thing I'll have to check when working on the Title's renaming.

I'm now alone for the loader so it's not progressing as fast as I would like (and I'm often procrastinating and playing too :rolleyes: )

@SuperrSonic:
Thanks for reporting devolution not working on r1202 either
But could you confirm which revision broke it?

and will you be available for some tests?

Why nobody reported it? maybe nobody use devolution from this loader anymore? (hey, I can remove it! :ph34r: )

damysteryman

I am too busy IRL these days...
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
No problem, and thanks for looking at the titles.txt stuff for me :)

And there is a similar option for me to use in the meantime eh?
I will have to try out that Titles Cache stuff now. :yaywii:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    eez nuts
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I tried that new prime X flavor and almost gagged in my mouth lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm surprised, with your awesome gag reflexs you have B-)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well for being with your wife for so long I have self control
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you wanna commit suicide just drink prime
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    obamna
  • The Catboy @ The Catboy:
    SODA
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Catboy back in chat. :ninja:
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Don't forget to pet it for good luck
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That cat bites
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Hmmm yes she does
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Float like a butterfly burns when I pee lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    So does that mean your date was not good? It burns now?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Got two new stds in one night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Giggity
    +1
    I don't bite! Minus the times when I did bite
    Like 5 minutes ago
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Billie needs her lunch
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ffs papa brought back the cheeseburger pizza it's like the only decent pie they had since the 80s
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm not a fan of papa johns, but that does sound good. We hardly order out pizza, I like making my own, but when we do its donatoes
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I get them like once every two months anymore
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just because it's half a mile from where I live
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Just because it's half a mile from where I live