• Likes 48

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't know how drives are working, so I don't know if I'll update it.
But maybe Dimok can take a look, if not I can check how old revision worked and try that.
In the meantime, you can use an older revision (though, no Gamecube backup), or/and use another loader for GC.

About my computer problem:
I finally changed my drive after a month!
It went bad few times u_u

I replaced my RAID5 HDD to 2 new HDD in RAID1
While restoring, I got two blue screen of the death at image restoration and then at boot.
While I finally could boot and was restoring all my backuped files, one of the new drive broke and the new RAID was already corrupted!
I had to again change the drive.
I suspect the mother board to be bad (always the same Sata port). so now I connected it to another port.
I hope it's only that port which is bad, not all the mother board.

I hope it won't crash anymore.
Well, I'll resume GX development now ;)

Bryon15

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Loading games through devolution on USB loader GX doesn't work for me. I followed the instructions. And when I start a game I just get a black screen :(

Now when I start a game it says "error file not found". Has anybody gotten usb loader to work with devolution? If so how did you do it? Like what were your settings?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
File not found means that the "loader.bin" is not not found/loaded.

You need to download the devolution sources package. in that package there's a file "loader.bin" which you need to place on your SD or USB and tell USBGX where to find it.

The default folder is SD:/apps/gc_devo/
but you can change that folder in the settings>User paths>
I recommend using SD:/wiiflow/ folder, that way both Wiiflow and GX will share the same file.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
"File not found" is about the ISO file itself.
Do you have this error on multi-disc games or all games?

GX currently work on single disc games only.

Maybe your path filename is too big?
I limited it to 100 characters.

Bryon15

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They are single disc games. I tried more games. And some just gave a black screen when I pushed the start button. And some were asking to be verified again by flashing the blue light twice on the Wii. Even though they had already been verified.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
which version of GX are you using?
r1202 correctly reboots using IOS58 with AHBPROT rights (as long as you had them first).

You don't have the "File not found" message anymore?

Bryon15

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using r1202. How do I check to see which ios it's booting off of? And yes, I'm still getting the "file not found" error. But only on some games. Other games ask to be verified again, and some I just get a black screen.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You can't check the used IOS, it's just loading IOS58 before launching devolution if you are using r1202.
on previous version it didn't reload to IOS58 and used the current cIOS (249, etc.) to launch devolution.

What are the game path for the games with "file not found"?
please, copy/paste the full path (x:/games/title name/game.iso, or tell me how many characters you are using)

Did ou try previous devolution or previous revision of GX combination?
It's just strange that it's not working for you.

Bryon15

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All of the game paths for the games are exactly as you posted. Example:

I:\games\The Legend of Zelda - Twilight Princess [GZ2E01]\game.iso

And no. I didn't use a previous combination. This is the first time I tried using devolution with usb loader gx. I just used the sample loader. Which worked fine.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
This game is one which tell you "File not found"?
It might be a problem on your side, as it's working fine for other users.
You can use the sample loader, or another loader until you find the problem.

Try previous revision of the USB loader.

themanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all, long time lurker, first time poster. I have been using various loaders for years, always trying to find something that looks polished and official. I have used USB Loader GX in the past, and enjoyed it, but moved on for one reason or another.

Now with banner support, I've returned and I must say I'm blown away. I thought the best case scenario would be having the original System Menu, but with more than 4 pages, and forwarder channels installed for loading ISOs and WiiWare/VC from EmuNAND.

Having everything loaded from the appropriate places automatically with banners is great. No forwarders, just plug in the HDD and it finds everything. Now I want to turn my attention to skinning. The default skin looks good, but I think it can be improved. At first I wanted to make it look just like the original system menu, but why not make some improvements along the way? The first thing I want to tackle is having to browse hundreds of games, it would be nice to have them sorted. I know this can be done now, but takes a few clicks and wouldn't be found by my son.

I made a mockup of what I would like to do, but I can't find any resources on how to make skins, so I'm not sure if it's possible at the moment. If anyone can offer any suggestions, it would be greatly appreciated :)

wiism-mockup.png
Hey, man. Did you ever get anywhere with this?
I would really love to see this on my USB Loader GX setup. It looked amazing.

Reactions: 1 person

PJM

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Thanks! The answer is yes and no. The skin is almost complete, but making changes to the source to really complete the look is something I unfortunately don't have time for.

I took a break from skinning when I learned that barely any of my VC and WiiWare games would run from the emulated NAND created in USB Loader GX. I just stopped using it, and then I got a 3DS + SC DSTwo so my attention has been there lately.

Now that I know someone actually remembered this, I will probably get around to finishing it up soon for release :)

P.S. How are the latest builds concerning emulated NAND? Are the bugs worked out?

Reactions: 1 person

Katsumi San

Trophies
XP
Country

Thanks! The answer is yes and no. The skin is almost complete, but making changes to the source to really complete the look is something I unfortunately don't have time for.

Now that I know someone actually remembered this, I will probably get around to finishing it up soon for release :)
I looked at this and I believe I died for a second there.. Jesus this looks so legit. If possible I want you to finish this skin up, it's just simply amazing :yaywii:

themanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I took a break from skinning when I learned that barely any of my VC and WiiWare games would run from the emulated NAND created in USB Loader GX. I just stopped using it, and then I got a 3DS + SC DSTwo so my attention has been there lately.

P.S. How are the latest builds concerning emulated NAND? Are the bugs worked out?
Well, it's great to hear you got it almost done.

Unfortunately, WiiWare and VC compatibility is subject to d2x, the cIOS that most of us use this day, and it has not seen an update in months. Even when active, emunand compatibility was at a standstill. That being said, tell me a few of the games that don't work for you to verify whether these are the usual suspects that are known not to work, or if you have some specific issues. The best way to get the most compatibility with emunand loading is a uneek setup + wiiflow, but it is quite tedious to set up. In my cases, most of my game work directly from emunand as is. To get online functionality, I use forwarder ISO's on those few games and the even fewer N64 games I like that don't work from emunand, I installed to the real nand. All of this might be more than what you are willing to spend time working on, though, but I would help you sort it out if had the inclination to do it.

As for the skin, it would be great if you could release it when finished and perhaps somebody else might be interested in making the code work. Perhaps even Cyan, whom I thought liked your work when you showed it here, but I don't want to speak for him.

Rest assure, the demand for it is there. More people than just me would like to have this.

Best regards.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yes, I liked the design and idea, I'm still thinking about making something like that ;)
I don't want to force the tabs to the one shown in the mockup, but allow users to create their own "profile" per tab. (ex. first tab ALL games, second tab Wii+GC with RPG filter, etc.)
It's a lot of work, so I won't start before the next official release (I want to complete the GameCube Support and release 3.1 first)

Garfunkiel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I implemented tabs like in PJM's mockup and posted them in this topic back in August. First tab is Wii games, second is GameCube, and third is WiiWare/VC on emulated NAND.

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B2O7PgaXgSOXTkozRUJsTVhQNXc
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B2O7PgaXgSOXYmlwQ0xMai1Ibm8

Changed files:
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B2O7PgaXgSOXVEo5VlBEODdnLU0

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2: +1