• Views 7,273,884
  • Replies 29,404
  • Likes 48

marinos35

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Today I thought to give the latest forwarder a go. Also I tried to load USB Loader GX from a FAT32 partition from USB HDD.

One word:
WORKS

If you want to be sure that the fat32 partition will work with the forwarder etc., remove your SD and try the latest HBC (1.0.3) If you can see there your app/apps then everything is fine

Whoever had problems with the forwarder, just check your update path at your settings and make sure that your hdd fat32 partition works with the HBC again (you may be using a long forgot copy at your SD)

My HDD partitioning was like this. (This is the Guide)

Go to windows disk management
Delete all the partitions to the USB HDD
create a volume/partition (it should have most of the space as it is for WFBS but leave at least 1GB for the other partition)
give a letter
select none file system (no ntfs or anything else)
This partition should be primary.

Now go to a program that allows you to create fat32 partitions (I used Acronis Disk Director)
Create a new partition, fat32, as primary and active that has the rest space of the USB HDD

Restart the PC
Open WBFS Manager 3.0.1
Format with the program the letter you gave for the first partition (WFBS)
... you know the rest

Problems I came across
1st
At first I didn't use acronis and I just created a none file system partition with windows disk manager
then I changed the format at acronis disk director to fat32

That lead to a FAT16 partition with fat32 filesystem that didn't work with HBC or wad manager

2nd
When I created the fat32 partition at Acronis I also created a none filesystem partition for WBFS and gave it a letter. Then when I switched from Vista (Acronis was there) to Windows 7 (WBFS Manager 3.0.1 was there) the drive didn't have a letter any more. Windows Disk Manager didn't allow me to give a letter also.
I had to delete the WFBS from Windows Disk Manager and create a new one like I wrote to the steps above

3rd
After I came around the second problem, I tried to format my soon to be WFBS partition with WBFS Manager 3.0.1 and it kept failing
It was because the letter was just given and not registered to the system correct. It was fixed with just a restart.

3rd
My fat partition was working with the forwarder but not with HBC
It was because I had the WFBS partition as active and not the FAT32.

SO
follow the steps one by one and don't leave any step out

You can use whatever program you want for the fat32 partition, but make sure that it has that option (Windows Disk Manager doesn't have it)

Windows Disk Manager can be found at "control panel" -> "administrative tools" -> "Computer Management". Then at the left side you select the "Disk Management" under storage. That should be the case for Vista/7 and maybe XP. At XP you have a few chances (very few) to allow you to format it to fat32.

File structure
Just copy everything related to usbloadergx form your sd to your USB with the same structure
Then open config/GXGloabal at the usb with notepad and change all the SD: to USB: and make sure you use for the dol the path that is saved at the the update_path vaue.

If you want to use the forwarder with USB, make sure there isn't the GXGloabal at the SD

If you want to see the fat32 partition with apps at the HBC, make sure you don't have an SD inside

I don't won't to loose my WFBS partition:
If you have enough space at your PC you can extract all the isos from the WFBS partition with WBFS Manager to a folder that you want. Then it would be easier to put everything back after the format. Remember that the images when extracted are a full DVD5 or DVD9 images so they take more space than the space they took when installed.

PS: The latest forwarder still has the loading screen, in contrast with something that someone here post and lead me to misleading people at my site (I'll fix it now)

FlatFrogger

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Just a question:

Wouldn't it be easier to allow the user to type a URL where to fetch a set type of cover from? If people are hosting them all over the place and what not and people are suffering from bandwidth getting eaten pretty fast.

I'm sure no-one intentionally loads 100 games on drive hooks it up and goes out their way to make sure every single game pulls covers/disc images off one specific place but if people are claiming they're blowing their bandwidth fast then it might be useful.

jservs7

Witcher of Whores
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ThaDraGun said:
Does the partition have to be fat32 when the loader is on usb? Mine only gave me the option to format as NTFS
You can download a free boot program like GParted that will format your drive to FAT32. You just have to restart your computer with the CD in your drive and your external drive attached and it should run. (Assuming your BIOS is set to run discs as the first boot item)

freezeburn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
markedmanner said:
I am using the new 567 on a NTSC Wii with system menu 4 installed and cIOS 38 Rev13. When I went to download the covers it downloaded them but after it did it gave me this page and I had to turn my wii off and back on. Did the same thing when downloading the disc images as well.
picturerby.png

I'm also seing this when I turn off my wii but once I removed the sd card from the wii everything works just fine but with no covers for the games or disks.

marinos35

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
USB guide updated because it appears that I am stupid and that I forgot one important check:
If the WFBS partition was recognized by USB Loader GX

Anyway, if anyone wants to make it more noobish, be my guest. Here it is 6 o'clock in the morning and I haven't slept yet. night-night

dogmanky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NOOB ALERT !!!!! ME.. yes... my first post. lol.

Anyway.. I'm no noob to teh mod scene as damn near every console in my house all the way back to the ps1 is modded in some way.
smile.gif

However.. I just want to say a big f'n thanks to all the folks who develop and support these mods.. especially the GX loader.

I too get caught up in the frenzy of perfectionism and want to have every cover, etc.. but damn.. this shit is da bomb folks and I for one really appreciate the efforts of all the people who make it possible... that includes you djtaz
!! Thanks for all your shit too !!

back to my Fosters oil can.

dexter222

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FlatFrogger said:
Just a question:

Wouldn't it be easier to allow the user to type a URL where to fetch a set type of cover from? If people are hosting them all over the place and what not and people are suffering from bandwidth getting eaten pretty fast.

I'm sure no-one intentionally loads 100 games on drive hooks it up and goes out their way to make sure every single game pulls covers/disc images off one specific place but if people are claiming they're blowing their bandwidth fast then it might be useful.

That is a splendid idea! lol I turned in an issue report requesting this enhancement. Art download URLs should be user defined.

In the meantime I simply modified USB Loader GX to get art from my own site.

jservs7

Witcher of Whores
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I updated the dol to the latest build, deleted all my config files and tried downloading a few missing disc images I had. I got a code dump, but when I got back on USBLGX, the covers DID download.

However, some of the disc images I had were replaced by ones that I did not want. Does this loader take preference over disc images depending on how many characters are in the file names? (ie RCPE over RCP)

Kira99

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Can someone help me get Metroid Prime 3: Corruption working?

I've installed the game from my disc. I'm using cIOS rev10, with the latest usb loader gx. I'm still using rev10 because from what I've read around the forums is that the newer ones are unstable.

In the individual game setting for MP 3, I've enabled "block ios reload". But I still get a flashing black screen telling me to insert the disc.

Should I have enabled this for the system settings. Or should other settings be enabled as well.

Thanks

benny99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Kira99 said:
Can someone help me get Metroid Prime 3: Corruption working?

from the game compatibility list it says:Needs any disk in the drive to play.
So do you have a disc (ANY disc) inserted when you try to run it?

hope this helps

B

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jservs7 said:
ThaDraGun said:
Does the partition have to be fat32 when the loader is on usb? Mine only gave me the option to format as NTFS
You can download a free boot program like GParted that will format your drive to FAT32. You just have to restart your computer with the CD in your drive and your external drive attached and it should run. (Assuming your BIOS is set to run discs as the first boot item)
Try this, Easeus Partition Master, it is almost identical to the old partition magic but works on Vista, Win7

Enjoy.
cool.gif

wiimano

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alright, very simple question for you mates

I see this on the first page, and I know if you press 2 it comes up with a page, which is currently blank, heres the info on what I'm talkin bout

Game information: reads gameinfos from a xml file in your config folder like publisher, developer, year, rating, genre etc. (not completely done yet!!!)

My question for you, sorry there is so many pages to read through, so please forgive me asking if its been asked many times. Where can I get these xml files, or how exactly does that work? Do I download it from a site and add it to my config file? This will show me all the information on every game, like what its compatible with, how many players, etc?

henkie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
wiimano said:

I see this on the first page, and I know if you press 2 it comes up with a page, which is currently blank, heres the info on what I'm talkin bout

Game information: reads gameinfos from a xml file in your config folder like publisher, developer, year, rating, genre etc. (not completely done yet!!!)

My question for you, sorry there is so many pages to read through, so please forgive me asking if its been asked many times. Where can I get these xml files, or how exactly does that work? Do I download it from a site and add it to my config file? This will show me all the information on every game, like what its compatible with, how many players, etc?

http://code.google.com/p/usbloader-gui/downloads/list

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
henkie said:
wiimano said:

http://code.google.com/p/usbloader-gui/downloads/list
additional info: download wiitdb.zip and place it in the config folder
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    T @ Texasauras: SOLILOQUY