• Views 7,218,510
  • Replies 29,375
  • Likes 48

DMagic86

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Somehow I managed to get the loader working but i do have one question. Is there a way to store all the cover/disc cover image files on the external HD used to hold the games? Maybe with the custom paths in the settings menu. I tried a couple things and when i try to download the covers i get a code dump and the program crashes...

I partitioned 5 GB of the 300 GB on my external HD and even when the loader asked me to format, it gave me a choice between the two. Basically I want to either download and store the files on the HD via the program or put them on the HD manually through my computer but i cant get either one to work. I can download them to the SD card no problem however

Other then that program works nicely, perhaps almost negating the use for dvd-r's for me heh.

DriftRS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Awsome, got it all working now.

Just, what are the 3D box arts? I downloaded some of the net, but they're not being used, and in-game when I choose to download them through the menu, it says they're already there even though they're not... It doesn't seem to use the 3D art anywhere, there isn't even a default folder to put them :S

HiBit

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi all, i hope anyone understand my problem because my english is very bad.

My USB Loader and the forwarder is the latest version, it work fine for the most games with cios 249 from my sd-card(2GB).

To use the "Block IOS Reload" function i have installed cios 222 from hermes as IOS 36, and if i try to boot any game with cios 222 i get only a black screen.
If i change the individual game settings back to cios 249 the most games work fine(all the games that doesn't reload the ios), but with the cios 249 i can't use the "Block IOS Reload" function.
frown.gif

Another black screen i get if i change the settings in USB Loader GX -> Game Settings -> Bootstandard(default boot cios) to cios 222.
From now, i can't start the USB Loader GX from forwarder or HBC, there is only a black screen if i start the loader.
If i change the cios entry in the config file from 1(222?) back to 0(249) the USB Loader work again.

I think the problem is the cios 222 by hermes, but what can i do to fix the problem?

I try to install the cios 222 as default, i try it with 223 merged with ios 36, ...., ...., .... and and and

I hope anyone understand what i mean and can help me.
And sorry for my bad english.
wink.gif

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HiBit said:
Hi all, i hope anyone understand my problem because my english is very bad.

My USB Loader and the forwarder is the latest version, it work fine for the most games with cios 249 from my sd-card(2GB).

To use the "Block IOS Reload" function i have installed cios 222 from hermes as IOS 36, and if i try to boot any game with cios 222 i get only a black screen.
If i change the individual game settings back to cios 249 the most games work fine(all the games that doesn't reload the ios), but with the cios 249 i can't use the "Block IOS Reload" function.
frown.gif

Another black screen i get if i change the settings in USB Loader GX -> Game Settings -> Bootstandard(default boot cios) to cios 222.
From now, i can't start the USB Loader GX from forwarder or HBC, there is only a black screen if i start the it.
If i change the cios entry in the config file from 1(222?) back to 0(249) the USB Loader work again.

I think the problem is the cios 222 by hermes, but what can i do to fix the problem.

I try to install it as default, i try it with 223 merged with ios 36, ...., ...., ....

I hope anyone understand what i mean and can help me.
And sorry for my bad english.
wink.gif

Open your config file on your pc and change the bootstandard (default boot cios) value from 1 to 0. That should change your cios from 222 to 249.

HiBit

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
0ld8oy said:
Open your config file on your pc and change the bootstandard (default boot cios) value from 1 to 0. That should change your cios from 222 to 249.
Yes, that entry change the used cios back to cios 249, i wrote it in my posting.
wink.gif

The main problem ist that i can't start any game with the cios 222 and without this cios i can't start a game with the "block ios reload" function.

Pakatus

Trophies
XP
Country
Anyone can sumarize the best procedure to install the cIOS222?

Do we have to install ALL options?

Which are the needed ones to use with GX?

cyrex

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
DriftRS said:
Awsome, got it all working now.

Just, what are the 3D box arts? I downloaded some of the net, but they're not being used, and in-game when I choose to download them through the menu, it says they're already there even though they're not... It doesn't seem to use the 3D art anywhere, there isn't even a default folder to put them :S
we decided that you can either have the "3D" covers (basically it's just an skewed image with a skewed box and a nice shadow but made pretty good by NeoRame) or the plain covers, because we didn't want to create even more folders. So if you have the normal covers you have to delete them and download the 3d covers instead because the gui is looking for *.png files with the gameID and these are the same on both covers. Maybe in future we will be able to render boxes and draw a full cover around it like on hiberns loader or on the titlemenu but for now i couldn't find a good lib for 3ds files that works with our gui.

Sidenote here: if anybody of you has some knowledge about rendering stuff in c++ feel free to help us out
tongue.gif

w_n_s

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Maybe this has been asked before, but when you quit a game, it puts you out to the Wii System Menu. Will it ever be possible in the future, to load a game from the USB Loader GX, and when you quit, you go back to the GX USB Loader instead of the Wii System Menu?

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Pakatus said:
Anyone can sumarize the best procedure to install the cIOS222?

Do we have to install ALL options?

Which are the needed ones to use with GX?

Use the installer found on the downloads section of the USB Loader homepage. Install 222 as 36, and 223 as 36+37 merged (optional).

edit: I don't know why those settings, those are what dimok or someone else on the GX team recommended a few pages ago, so I'm just re-posting them here.

To get the most out of 222 you need to set the global Game Load settings to 222. If you have customized game settings you might want to revert them to default and try loading the game that way first, then add other tweaks if you need. Some games run better with 249 from the individual game settings - like those that ask for a disk in the drive to play.

QUOTE(w_n_s @ Jun 19 2009, 09:31 AM) Maybe this has been asked before, but when you quit a game, it puts you out to the Wii System Menu. Will it ever be possible in the future, to load a game from the USB Loader GX, and when you quit, you go back to the GX USB Loader instead of the Wii System Menu?
No.

Royusmc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
w_n_s said:
Maybe this has been asked before, but when you quit a game, it puts you out to the Wii System Menu. Will it ever be possible in the future, to load a game from the USB Loader GX, and when you quit, you go back to the GX USB Loader instead of the Wii System Menu?
No for now, but I thank that would be something that would be added to preloader or boot2.

Next I use cios 222 60 into 36 and it got 222 to work with ios reload block. But when I try to do any of the 4 option for 223 no games will boot. I was thanking the ios reload block may only work with cios 222, so if you no better please let me know.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
w_n_s said:
in preloader install the boot.dol or forwarder
the change 'return to' to 'file'

but I think theres a bug that doesn't let you run a second game without rebooting

xtermin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RE Loading times

no i actually meant the time it takes to go from system menu via forwarder to usbloader, it take the loader about 12 - 15 sec to boot...with the regular view...
as always rock on guys this thing blew the wii right open man lol
keep rockin!!!!

djricekcn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So has anyone got this to work besides House of the Dead 2 / 3? I haven't.

Using: Japanese Wii 4.0

House of the Dead 2 & 3 - Works
Loader: 222
Game: 222

Metroid Prime 1 & 2 - Doesn't Work
Game: 222 or 223
Note: It goes further than when it reboots back to main wii screen. It gets into the loading screen, but then it just freezes. Remote doesn't turn off

Indiana Jones and Staff of Kings - Doesn't Work
Game: 222 or 223
Note: I don't think this game can boot in Loader: 222. I can only get it to boot when it's Loader: 249. If I try to boot it in Loader: 222, it just hangs at a black screen

lorenzo67

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
On rev 542 , system 9.

On credits i see orange screen , if i click on update and i'm not connected i take a dump.

I always hope on grid view on 4:3!

Lorenzo

slingshot27

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
tj_cool said:
in theory you can have a channel one and a forwarder one

Ok, I just can not figure out what al have to be done to install a 222 or 223 version.
A wiki or something would be really nice,. It is hard to read everything in a single forum.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
  • cearp @ cearp:
    It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space
    +1
    Nor clothes 🤮 . Saves on time, soap, water and money having to wash them. :D
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Nor clothes 🤮 . Saves on time, soap, water and money having to wash them. :D