• Replies 29,375
  • Likes 48

mateyo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
hotd2+3 works great just as giantpune said.
i think its important to note not to use autopatch setting and disable 002 fix when using cios 222 with the reload block or else you get black/green screen.
indiana jones doest start with any settings i tried so far.
great work so far. could it be that the fix just adresses one kind of ios reload at an certain memory adress?

TyrianCubed

Gamer 1989 to present
Trophies
Website
www.gamescollection.it
XP
Country
Italy
TyrianCubed said:
BlueStar said:
TyrianCubed said:
stonetempler said:
GX says: No Usb Device found
Choose: cios249 or cios222
Both dont work
cios 249 - No Wbfs partition found - Need to format and thats after 1 second - i see quickly the counting *lol
cios 222 - comes nothing - screen without counting

I have the exact same problem and I can't get the loader to work. I have to use an old rev (478) because that works fine with the same usb memory and the same cios installed (13a). Whenever I install a rev >491 I get this error and it doesn't work at all. I'd like to know what to do to get the new revisions working.

Try plugging it in the other USB port.

It's not the port. one port=nothing happens. The other port (the one which actually works with the previous revs) the "usb device not found" etc error.

excuse me for bringing this up again, but I still don't know how to make this loader work with newer revs. I tried deleting the config folder but nothing changed.
Also, I tried going into the IRC channel (from the usbloader gx site) but even if I seem to get into the chan I don't see anybody writing and nobody answers to what I write, so there must be a problem with that too.
Please somebody help me figuring this out, I really want to use this loader but I'm stuck with revisions older than 491.

PS: I have fw4, cIOS rev 13a as ios 249, no ios 222 or anything else, no preloader or cioscorp, just bootmii as boot2.

djricekcn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to post this again but still not understanding the instructions, "This option works ONLY if you boot your Loader in 222 and boot the game in 222/223"

Does this mean:
1) Install USB Loader GX under 222 in Wad Manager

or

2) Just simply change the individual game settings to 222 or 223 (The settings selection you see when you selected a game and the disc is spinning)

or

3) Both?

**I've been using 249 this entire time, have installed 222 but never used it...at least I think. What I'm not understanding the most is "boot the loader in 222" because I only remember being able to change IOS under Game Settings, which I assume "and boot the game in 222/223" is talking about.

I'm really sorry for this post, I'm just still very confused with the Wii Homebrew since there's a lot of different tings, even though I've been using this for a while.

Royusmc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have tryed the ios relaod on Mortal Kombat and it did not work. House of the dead works ok with a little problem with restarting the wii or going back to the main menu and starting house of the dead 2 again. But I like the fact of not having 2 house of the dead games on my hard drive. Great work on this, I hope with time other games will work as well. Thanks.

dexter222

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mateyo said:
hotd2+3 works great just as giantpune said.
i think its important to note not to use autopatch setting and disable 002 fix when using cios 222 with the reload block or else you get black/green screen.
indiana jones doest start with any settings i tried so far.
great work so far. could it be that the fix just adresses one kind of ios reload at an certain memory adress?

Set on 222 with IOS reloading blocked:

HotD 2&3 work great - even with 002 fix on
Indy Jones loads fine but I don't have enough glory holes or some such to load fate of Atlantis so I can't test it.

MoH:H2, Mortal Kombat, SSX Blur, Red Steel, Sam & Max S1, and Boogie don't work.

mateyo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
just install cios 222 and 223. you only need to need to modify the game settings for hotd2 to: cios 222, 002fix off and block ios reload on.

Royusmc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djricekcn said:
Sorry to post this again but still not understanding the instructions, "This option works ONLY if you boot your Loader in 222 and boot the game in 222/223"

Does this mean:

or

2) Just simply change the individual game settings to 222 or 223 (The settings selection you see when you selected a game and the disc is spinning)

or

3) Both?

**I've been using 249 this entire time, have installed 222 but never used it...at least I think. What I'm not understanding the most is "boot the loader in 222" because I only remember being able to change IOS under Game Settings, which I assume "and boot the game in 222/223" is talking about.

I'm really sorry for this post, I'm just still very confused with the Wii Homebrew since there's a lot of different tings, even though I've been using this for a while.
I used #2 Just change the game settings to 222 and turned on ios reload and house of the dead 2 works then. Othere games don't work as with this from what I have seen.

djricekcn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Royusmc said:
djricekcn said:

Does this mean:

or

or

3) Both?

I used #2 Just change the game settings to 222 and turned on ios reload and house of the dead 2 works then. Othere games don't work as with this from what I have seen.

Thanks for the reply, I guess that means I can ignore the "boot the loader in 222" part and just acknowledge the "and boot the game in 222/223" Once again, thank you so much.

jakejm79

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK so I have read the last 50 pages or so and I just wanted to clarify something (since my USB HDD just arrived today).
I assume the difference in booting GXUSBLoader between 222/223 and 249(cISO36/249) is when you first run the program it asks you to pick (or at least it does with me tho I don't get any further since I haven't hocked my HDD up yet). From what I read 222/223 offers slightly better speed and improved compatibility (the IOS reload games seem to do better with it) plus it doesnt suffer from the reload/reboot bug between games that cIOS36/249rev13(a/b) does. But certain games like Ghostbusters need to be rung on cIOS249rev13a. So my best setup would be to have both cIOS222 and cIOS36/249rev13a installed start GXUSBLoader with cIOS222 but then use the per game setting to load problem games like Ghostbusters with cIOS249rev13a. The only down side to this is I would have to reset after playing Ghostbusters. Or am I missing something?

Royusmc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jakejm79 said:
OK so I have read the last 50 pages or so and I just wanted to clarify something (since my USB HDD just arrived today).
I assume the difference in booting GXUSBLoader between 222/223 and 249(cISO36/249) is when you first run the program it asks you to pick (or at least it does with me tho I don't get any further since I haven't hocked my HDD up yet). From what I read 222/223 offers slightly better speed and improved compatibility (the IOS reload games seem to do better with it) plus it doesnt suffer from the reload/reboot bug between games that cIOS36/249rev13(a/b) does. But certain games like Ghostbusters need to be rung on cIOS249rev13a. So my best setup would be to have both cIOS222 and cIOS36/249rev13a installed start GXUSBLoader with cIOS222 but then use the per game setting to load problem games like Ghostbusters with cIOS249rev13a. The only down side to this is I would have to reset after playing Ghostbusters. Or am I missing something?
No that is what I came up with to. I have not tested all my games yet but so far so good.

dimok

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The booting of the Loader is set in the Global Settings inside of the Loader or by changing the .cfg file on your SD.

So here is what you have to do:

Start Loader->Go GlobalSettings->Game Load->Set standard/boot to 222 -> Exit Loader -> Restart loader

Now you can go to credits and you will see that 222 is being used.

dexter222

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jakejm79 said:

249 is far more compatible. Only one game works (so far) with the IOS reload block feature (HotD:2&3). Practically all the new games require cIOS38 rev13 (AKA rev13a) and 002 fix enabled. If there is a speed difference using 222 it's negligible but it's free so what the heck lol. Besides it's required for uLoader which makes up for features that USB Loader GX lacks.

jakejm79

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dexter222 said:
jakejm79 said:

249 is far more compatible. Only one game works (so far) with the IOS reload block feature (HotD:2&3). Practically all the new games require cIOS38 rev13 (AKA rev13a) and 002 fix enabled. If there is a speed difference using 222 it's negligible but it's free so what the heck lol.

Thanks, I will stick with cIOS249rev13a until I find something that doesnt work.

djricekcn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dimok said:
The booting of the Loader is set in the Global Settings inside of the Loader or by changing the .cfg file on your SD.

So here is what you have to do:

Start Loader->Go GlobalSettings->Game Load->Set standard/boot to 222 -> Exit Loader -> Restart loader

Now you can go to credits and you will see that 222 is being used.

Thanks dimok, that actually helped out a lot. So i guess both terms do apply then. Really appreciate for you taking your time, and others as well.

new question: What's the difference loading the Indivdual Game Setting 222 (and I'm assuming using 249 with my current setup) versus, using the method above "Start Loader->Go GlobalSettings->Game Load->Set standard/boot to 222 -> Exit Loader -> Restart loader" + changing the Indivdual Game Setting to 222? What happens when you run Loader 249 Game 222 or Loader 222 and Game 249 settings? I'm just trying to better understand the Wii Homebrew scene cause I'm still relatively confused by the Wii scene even after reading the multiple guides on these forums and also ones recommended by other members of this forum

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
dexter222 said:
Set on 222 with IOS reloading blocked:

HotD 2&3 work great - even with 002 fix on
Indy Jones loads fine but I don't have enough glory holes or some such to load fate of Atlantis so I can't test it.

MoH:H2, Mortal Kombat, SSX Blur, Red Steel, Sam & Max S1, and Boogie don't work.

Just confirming this. At least the devs of this (and uLoader, so including Waninkoko and Hermes) are making progress on this issue.

For now I'm switching to global 222 with individual 249 for those games that need a disk in the drive like Metroid. That wasn't working on earlier revisions for me but it's working now.

Keep up the good work devs!

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok. So apparently this IOs reaload blockerizer deal only works for 1 game. Has anybody gotten it to work with a game on uLoader that it is not working for on our app? I really don't need another list of games that don't work here. I'm just going to assume that they all don't work until somebody says that they do.

djricekcn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, finally got to try it since I'm at home. House of the Dead 2 and 3 is the game I tried, since that was reported to be the working one, doesn't work with a JP Wii console. After selecting the game, it just goes black screen and the remote turns off.

edit:

never mind, got it working. stupid me forgot to save the settings for the game. it works on house of the dead 2 & 3.

add:

On Metroid Prime 1 or 2, using a Japanese Wii, it doesn't reboot the console and it actually shows the "Metroid Prime..." screen (aka the loading screen) but it freezes there around 1 second in and just stays there.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2: istg if lose another game of minesweeper