• Views 7,174,791
  • Replies 29,365
  • Likes 48

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone worked with the new font change for custom themes? Any font I use disables a handful of symbols from the keyboard and GUI, namely the % and the _ symbols. Would it be possible to enable the default symbols but still keep our customized font? When anything is downloading or installing I get a box instead of the % and on the custom path screen I get the box instead of the _. All fonts I've tried do this including those taken right out of my C:/Windows/Fonts/ folder.

NeoNight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hooya said:
Pakatus said:
Anyone can sumarize the best procedure to install the cIOS222?

Do we have to install ALL options?

Which are the needed ones to use with GX?

Use the installer found on the downloads section of the USB Loader homepage. Install 222 as 36, and 223 as 36+37 merged (optional).

edit: I don't know why those settings, those are what dimok or someone else on the GX team recommended a few pages ago, so I'm just re-posting them here.

To get the most out of 222 you need to set the global Game Load settings to 222. If you have customized game settings you might want to revert them to default and try loading the game that way first, then add other tweaks if you need. Some games run better with 249 from the individual game settings - like those that ask for a disk in the drive to play.

QUOTE(w_n_s @ Jun 19 2009, 09:31 AM) Maybe this has been asked before, but when you quit a game, it puts you out to the Wii System Menu. Will it ever be possible in the future, to load a game from the USB Loader GX, and when you quit, you go back to the GX USB Loader instead of the Wii System Menu?
No.

Is there any special instructions when installing 222 as 36? Because the app freezes when I try to.... I'am I suppose to have the ios's in my sd card or what?
I'am thinking its because I have wani's ciosrev13a installed....

marinos35

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
bannerxeu.png

Revision: 543

DOL
ELF

CHANNEL (by starstremr)

djricekcn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
josete2k said:
There is a new cIOS222 installer that allows to select cIOS249 (waninkok's cIOS) for signing installation, so you don´t need a trucha IOS36 in your Wii.

You can find it in the new uLoader 2.1 release:

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?s=&showto...t&p=2064610

What does this mean? Does it mean that I can just keep 249 on the Loader and Game options?

Golfman560

TheRapist.com
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
djricekcn said:
josete2k said:
There is a new cIOS222 installer that allows to select cIOS249 (waninkok's cIOS) for signing installation, so you don´t need a trucha IOS36 in your Wii.

What does this mean? Does it mean that I can just keep 249 on the Loader and Game options?

No it means you can install Hermes 202,222, or 232 USB IOS's without the need of a trucha IOS36 (Downgraded version basically) Instead you can use the cIOS249

djricekcn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Golfman560 said:
djricekcn said:
josete2k said:

No it means you can install Hermes 202,222, or 232 USB IOS's without the need of a trucha IOS36 (Downgraded version basically) Instead you can use the cIOS249

thanks

ADD:

It also says "-Added 002 patch code (new), now, games like Ghostbusters or Indiana Jones should be playable." I guess this doesn't mean using the 222? Cause I have 222 set on forboth Loader and the Game under GX and still doesn't boot the game (stays at a black screen) but does boot on 249

warlord2009

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
r543 with the new anti 002 option is great:

Indianna Jones working with cIOS rev12. Also Movie Studio Party is now working with rev12.
Thanks a lot to WiiPower and Dimok.

Golfman560

TheRapist.com
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
djricekcn said:
It also says "-Added 002 patch code (new), now, games like Ghostbusters or Indiana Jones should be playable." I guess this doesn't mean using the 222? Cause I have 222 set on forboth Loader and the Game under GX and still doesn't boot the game (stays at a black screen) but does boot on 249

Yes only 249, because only rev10 seems to be able to boot those games when the 002 fix is on, so the new code turns the 002 fix off for the games that won't boot with it on.

keyra

Spoderman self proclamed fan
Trophies
XP
Country
France
warlord2009 said:
r543 with the new anti 002 option is great:

Indianna Jones working with cIOS rev12. Also Movie Studio Party is now working with rev12.
Thanks a lot to WiiPower and Dimok.

can't get indy to work
green screen

djricekcn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Golfman560 said:
djricekcn said:

Yes only 249, because only rev10 seems to be able to boot those games when the 002 fix is on, so the new code turns the 002 fix off for the games that won't boot with it on.

Thanks, I do find it strange though because that .rar comes packaged with 222 and not 249, yet, doesn't work with 222. The description above makes it sound like it works on 222 =-P

josete2k

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Golfman560 said:
djricekcn said:

No.

Case1 - cIOS 249, dip_plugin is in the cIOS

Case 2 - cIOS 222(223) dip_plugin is in the loader...

If an update of dip_plugin is needed, in case1 (249) you need to re-install or update you cIOS; in case2 (222) you only have to update the program in your SD.

USBLoader GX isn´t updated for 222 yet.

the new patch code is in uLoader 2.1 dip_plugin

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For all those having trouble installing cIOS222, assuming you already have 249 Rev13a installed. You will need a network connection for this to work.

1) delete the 000000001 directory from your SD card
2) I recommend running IOS downgrader, this is different to cIOS downgrader and won't affect your system menu, this will prevent errors while installing certain hacks and homebrew when running higher system menus 3.3, 4.0.
3) Install Hermes cIOS. 3 times.
3a) Install to 202 using IOS36 - Only require for movie players like MplayerCE.
3b) Install to 222 using 36 mixed with 38 (some people say 36 only but 36,38 works for me)
3c) Install to 223 using 36 mixed with 37
4) Delete all config files fromm the SD
5) Run up loader (unlock) and choose IOS222 under global game settings.
6) restart the loader
7) Test each game.
7a) If a game gets stuck on a black screen it usually just needs the video mode tweaked, try a few in the settigs for that game only (loader unlocked).
7b) If a game requires a disk in the drive to run (Metroid, De-blob) then change the custom game settings for that game to IOS249.
7c) If a game gets stuck on a green screen, change the custom game settings for that game to IOS249, 002 fix on.

I think the settings for newer games have been covered many times over in recent posts.

I also find it useful to dump, format and then re-copy everything back to the SD once large changes have been made, this can prevent some loader hangs (A bit of speculation here but it makes sense and works for me)

Let me know if I have missed anything or have screwed up somewhere in these instructions.
Cheers
grog.gif

marinos35

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
site has been updated with the installer from uloader v2.1
also I put at the help page some info about alternative dols and links with info from the news postings
wink.gif

djricekcn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Mantis

"7a) If a game gets stuck on a black screen it usually just needs the video mode tweaked, try a few in the settigs for that game only (loader unlocked)."

Even if it's a NTSC game on a NTSC console? I mean JP and US are both NTSC

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol