• Replies 29,365
  • Likes 48

dexter222

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
d2michael said:
Quick question. Is Hermes' cios 222/223 safe to install on lu64/65's??

I just found out today one of my Wiis is an LU64 lol I didn't have any idea and simply installed HBC and added my stuff a couple months ago without knowing any better
biggrin.gif

Perhaps it's an early LU641 and didn't have the problems everyone is screaming about - but my LU64 runs herme's IOS222 just fine, for what it's worth.
I installed 202, 222 and 223 without any problems. The only thing I use it for on GX is the HotD2 fix. I installed it primarily to run uLoader.

Oh and thanks for the anti 002 fix, Wiipower - now all the new games run on cIOS Rev 12.
Funny though... Now that I'm used to turning off the power I think it's actually faster
smile.gif

donni

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Armenia
Hi, how i install hermes cios? What i have to select in the Menü wen i strat the installer? Can i install 222,223,202 and let always cios249 or have i changse the number?

d2michael

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dexter222 said:
d2michael said:
Quick question. Is Hermes' cios 222/223 safe to install on lu64/65's??

I just found out today one of my Wiis is an LU64 lol I didn't have any idea and simply installed HBC and added my stuff a couple months ago without knowing any better
biggrin.gif

Perhaps it's an early LU641 and didn't have the problems everyone is screaming about - but my LU64 runs herme's IOS222 just fine, for what it's worth.
I installed 202, 222 and 223 without any problems. The only thing I use it for on GX is the HotD2 fix. I installed it primarily to run uLoader.

Oh and thanks for the anti 002 fix, Wiipower - now all the new games run on cIOS Rev 12.
Funny though... Now that I'm used to turning off the power I think it's actually faster
smile.gif

Lol, did you manage to install hbc and the other stuff without getting into any trouble?

So I went ahead and installed Hermes on my LU65, 4.0. Runs great, finally got Ghostbusters to work, although I didn't really think it was anything special. A thrill of the chase thing I suppose. For some reason I still can't get Boom Blox 2 to run though.

Just in case I have to, is Hermes removeable from the Wii itself, and is there any possibility of bricking. I only ask because Lu65's don't have brick protection (bootmii works but not the same as older systems, preloader won't install).

tagteam3283

Trophies
XP
Country
Rite-on bro's 'n ho's.

Here is a ## special game ## settings update which are working.
  • No need to cold boot/hard reset when playing 002b games i.e. can just press home & use either 'Reset' or 'Back to menu'.
  • All games even work after initialising the network to download covers.
Hardware
Seagate Go 500Gb
Firmware 4.0E
cIOS38r12 [just backdated fro 13a since anti-002 fix on latest GX revision)
cIOS222 and 223 latest Hermes install on 36/37

USB Loader GX (r545M)
Video: Disc Default
Boot/ Standard: cIOS249
Anti-002: ON
All other settings are default

Games:
The following work with default setting and only Error 002 fix ON
Anno Create A New World [PAL]
BoomBlox: Bash Party [PAL]
Burger Island [NTSC]
Donkey Kong: Jungle Beat [PAL]
EA Sports Active [PAL]
Ghostbusters [NTSC]
Grand Slam Tennis [PAL]
IJ & Staff Of Kings {PAL]
Moto GP 08 [PAL]
Night At The Museum 2 [PAL]
Nutrition Matters [PAL]
PDC World Championship Darts 09 [PAL]
Secret Files 2: Puritas Cordis [PAL]
Sonic & The Black Knight [PAL]
Space Camp [NTSC]
Tiger Woods 10 [NTSC]
Virtua Tennis 09 [NTSC]
X-Men Origins: Wolverine [PAL]

The following work with default settings and only Alternate DOL: ON and of course the replacement title.dol file into the SD Root:
MOH:Heroes 2 [PAL]
Red Steel [PAL]

Still not working:
HOD2 - reboots to Wii menu
Movie Studios - remote no sync/ black screen

Luniz2k1

Trophies
XP
Country
Here is my current setup:

preloader v0.29 (configured to autoboot USB Loader GX)
USB Loader GX (545M) (Game Load settings - Boot/Standard: cIOS 222, Anti 002 Fix: ON)
cIOS38_rev13b
Hermes cIOS 222 (IOS 36) / cIOS 223 (IOS 37 merged with 36)

With my Wii set up like this, every game starts up and plays just fine on cIOS 222 (IOS 36). Games such as Ghostbusters, Indiana Jones And The Staff Of Kings, MySims Racing, Tiger Woods 10, Up, and Virtua Tennis 2009 load up just fine with cIOS 222 (IOS 36) and the Error 002 fix enabled. I do not have any games configured to use 249.

Regular games I can hit the home button and select Wii Menu, the Wii goes back to USB Loader GX and I can start the next game with no problems. Games that need the 002 fix, after hitting the home button I have to select Reset to be able to get back to USB Loader GX. If I select Wii Menu on 002 games, it freezes on a black screen.

Hope this information can help others that are still having problems. I love this setup because USB Loader GX is the 1st thing I see when the Wii is powered on. Never have to deal with the system menu anymore.

jcee2k5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My son updated the USB Loader to Rev547 this morning & now when we reboot USB Loader all we see is a white screen. No games, no settings button, nothing. We can still move the "hand" around with the wiimote, but nothing else. I can't even exit the loader, I have to shut it off.

Should I delete the "config" folder?

All was running well until this.

Softmod 4.0
IOS249
cIOS38_Rev 13a

Takoru

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
USB Loader GX should get the feature to handle with more than 256 code lines.

The new GeckoOS showed us, that it's working.

I know, just a few games have more than 256 code lines, but it's a great benefit.

I would want this feature to play "Super Smash Bros. Brawl Plus (+)" without the snapshot or double gct method, they're both crap.

So, would it be possible for USB Loader GX to handle with more than 256 code lines? - I'm not sure, but I think GeckoOS 1.9.1 can handle 8000 code lines for each game, that should be enough forever.

I hope it's possible to add this feature, please extand the Ocarina Feature in USB Loader GX; the best loader out there.

cyrex

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Takoru said:
USB Loader GX should get the feature to handle with more than 256 code lines.

The new GeckoOS showed us, that it's working.

I know, just a few games have more than 256 code lines, but it's a great benefit.

I would want this feature to play "Super Smash Bros. Brawl Plus (+)" without the snapshot or double gct method, they're both crap.

So, would it be possible for USB Loader GX to handle with more than 256 code lines? - I'm not sure, but I think GeckoOS 1.9.1 can handle 8000 code lines for each game, that should be enough forever.

I hope it's possible to add this feature, please extand the Ocarina Feature in USB Loader GX; the best loader out there.
Get us a copy of the new Gecko source and we will do it.

Bloodlust

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
I am using cios249 rev13. If I use hermes cios 222/223 with GX, will I still be able to load another game after exiting the current one? Seeing that the Anti 002 fix does improve compatibility with recent releases, I am quite tempted to try it out.

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just updated with the UPDATE button and the version I got is fine. Maybe you all did it while dimok was in the backdoor messing around.

EDIT...
hehehehehe backdoor. messing around. hehehehe

777james

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for everything. Got it all set up and working perfectly.
Question: Is there any way to create seperate wii channels for games loaded in the USB loader? So I could access some of my favorites right from the wii menu?
Thanks

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
777james said:
Thanks for everything. Got it all set up and working perfectly.
Question: Is there any way to create seperate wii channels for games loaded in the USB loader? So I could access some of my favorites right from the wii menu?
Thanks
There are tools to do that like Loadstructor
or the WBFS manager (http://wbfsmanager.codeplex.com) but thats more difficult)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo