• Likes 48

Brand Newman

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
France
There is a WiiWare game that I tried to force to NTSC without success and it is Chronos Twins DX from the EU version. I activated all possible patching options but no luck.
Wiiware are different : if I understand you correctly, you tried to play the PAL version in NTSC (because the PAL version is presumably interlaced, or even 50 hz?)

I provided a tutorial to make a Wiiware game region free with ShowMiiWads when I released "Line Attack Heroes", but if you just do that to switch between PAL and NTSC you will (in my experience) end up with a choppy framerate.

What you need to do is use WwPack : the .bat file will provide you with several choices, including "patch video mode", and you will end up with a file named "Game (Europe) [Patched] [Loader] [RegionFree] [Video].wad".

I did that to a lot of NTSC games that either weren't released in Europe or were an inferior version, and they all play like a charm, so I guess you could easily do the opposite.

Good luck with that! ;)

grandosegood

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey all, getting an error i've never seen before.

tried launching a forwarder to a game on the usb drive, but it couldn't find it and reset to home menu (using the SRL patched version provided to me by blackb0x), then i got an error that says "Please install the stable version." never seen that before so i was stumped. any ideas? Thanks.

edit: this is happening on both of my wii consoles, so it may be something I'm doing?
Post automatically merged:

Here is the error message

Attachments

• 20231219_140758.jpg
    20231219_140758.jpg
    5.4 MB · Views: 15
Last edited by grandosegood,

Kirby6417

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What would it take to display apps on the channel list, instead of just in the app section clickable at the bottom right?

This change would be significant enough that I intend to code it myself, but I figured I would toss the question out there to anybody (blackb0x?) who may have guidance.

Basically, kids use this Wii and my nephews have Wiis too — I much prefer to keep them all on the channel list. As it stands, the channel list has forwarders to apps, but that’s lousy because the forwarders are installed to emunand and that seems convoluted for just trying to get into the app .dols. It seems to cause various return-to problems with some apps and I think it just causes some unintended effects for some apps, including problems sending arguments into the apps however that is done.

My overall goal is to display the sizable PS1/N64 libraries on the channel list cleanly (having them boot with the necessary emulator and sending arguments for the correct settings). I think apps showing up on the channel list is the ideal way to achieve that.

grandosegood

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey all, i am trying to make a forwarder channel for worms battle islands, using wiigsc, but the channel keeps giving me black screens any tips? Thanks.

edit, this was on vwii. ended up using boot2vwii to make it work

Last edited by grandosegood,

Amuro-san

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
One funny thing is that my component cable that stopped working (it's Chinese) was showing the wrong image, for example. in Zelda TP NGC it was like a window, just like Metroid Prime Trilogy, with the original RCA cable despite being intertwined, the screen is complete (including 16:9 screen code) and some AR codes do not work correctly and some games look strange, e.g. Resident Evil 2 and 3 without AR code you can set it to 60HZ just by forcing the video in PAL 60 and progressive with the component, but in RCA it doesn't work, only in 60hz with AR code and you still have to force NTSC video, as for the 16:9 screen of Mario Kart, on the component it is perfect, but on the RCA you see things that are off the screen, next year I will purchase the HDMI cable from Bitfunx, because from what I have seen it is the best adapter there is, as it is shielded and supports true 480 and 576p resolutions, as well as interlaced resolutions

sockscap

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I received this Wii console recently. It had Configurable USB Loader installed which is working fine. I seems the program has not been updated for a long time, so I think I should take a look at USB Loader GX.

I've read this tutorial and also the troubleshooting guide. What I have done are:

1. Install latest usbloadergx_r1281.
2. Update cIOS to d2x-v11-beta1.
- Slot 248 base 38
- Slot 249 base 56
- Slot 250 base 57
- Slot 251 base 58

Some Wii games load successfully, but some that work in Configurable USB Loader fail to load in USB Loader GX. For example, Rayman Origins [SOJE41], it gives only black screen (no background sound. actually the system has no response at all, I have to press power button 5 sec to force power off).

I've tried the following accoding to the troubleshooting guide:

1. This console is 4.3J (Japan region), and the game is for USA. So I enable Priiloader "Region free everything" hack (Configurable USB Loader can load the game without this hack, but anyway I have enabled it, but it doesn't help)

2. Videomode: I've tried default/force NTSC/region patch. None of them helps.

3. This is a new setup, so basically all settings are default. (I also tried reset /apps/usbloader_gx folder, keep only the default 3 files)

How should I troubleshoot the issue?

CheeseBurgerwithLove

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I received this Wii console recently. It had Configurable USB Loader installed which is working fine. I seems the program has not been updated for a long time, so I think I should take a look at USB Loader GX.

I've read this tutorial and also the troubleshooting guide. What I have done are:

1. Install latest usbloadergx_r1281.
2. Update cIOS to d2x-v11-beta1.
- Slot 248 base 38
- Slot 249 base 56
- Slot 250 base 57
- Slot 251 base 58

Some Wii games load successfully, but some that work in Configurable USB Loader fail to load in USB Loader GX. For example, Rayman Origins [SOJE41], it gives only black screen (no background sound. actually the system has no response at all, I have to press power button 5 sec to force power off).

I've tried the following accoding to the troubleshooting guide:

1. This console is 4.3J (Japan region), and the game is for USA. So I enable Priiloader "Region free everything" hack (Configurable USB Loader can load the game without this hack, but anyway I have enabled it, but it doesn't help)

2. Videomode: I've tried default/force NTSC/region patch. None of them helps.

3. This is a new setup, so basically all settings are default. (I also tried reset /apps/usbloader_gx folder, keep only the default 3 files)

How should I troubleshoot the issue?
The Priiloader region free hack doesn't usually work so I wouldn't waste time on it.

Have you tried setting it to "Yes" or "All" in the patch dol option? When forcing a video mode it is advisable to look at that option.

sockscap

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Priiloader region free hack doesn't usually work so I wouldn't waste time on it.

Have you tried setting it to "Yes" or "All" in the patch dol option? When forcing a video mode it is advisable to look at that option.
I only see Dol Video Patch option, is this what you mean? I set it to All, and it's still black screen only.

I'm quite confused. Per troubleshooting guide, NTSC Wii includes USA, Canada, Mexico, Japan, Taiwan. Mine is Japan, does it require to change video mode when I run USA game? My understanding is, I only need worry about video mode if I try to launch a PAL game (Europa, Australia, South Africa).

This shouldn't be the cISO issue either. Per the guide, Rayman Origins [SOJE41] is not one of those special games, as long as I have ISO slot 249 base 56, it should be fine. Also, Configurable USB Loader on the same console works just fine, and I don't see it has any per-game setting for it (all using default settings).

Any idea?

CheeseBurgerwithLove

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I only see Dol Video Patch option, is this what you mean? I set it to All, and it's still black screen only.

I'm quite confused. Per troubleshooting guide, NTSC Wii includes USA, Canada, Mexico, Japan, Taiwan. Mine is Japan, does it require to change video mode when I run USA game? My understanding is, I only need worry about video mode if I try to launch a PAL game (Europa, Australia, South Africa).

This shouldn't be the cISO issue either. Per the guide, Rayman Origins [SOJE41] is not one of those special games, as long as I have ISO slot 249 base 56, it should be fine. Also, Configurable USB Loader on the same console works just fine, and I don't see it has any per-game setting for it (all using default settings).

Any idea?
Yes, that's I mean.

What language is your Wii set to? Try changing it to English in the language options of the loader and try again.

Maybe the game doesn't want to load because your Wii is Japanese and therefore the game tries to find the Japanese language which is not found as a language within the game files.

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@sockscap verify the hash of the game in WiiBackupManager, to make sure it's the wbfs file is not corrupt.
If it isn't, check what version is, if it's the PAL/ or NTSC etc.
Next, depending on what video cables you're using, for example using composite to run NTSC games (even if forced) on a PAL Wii might not work, also depends on the tv you have (if it's HD, then it's fine), and vice versa.
Now in your case, since you have a Japanese Wii and in the case of trying an NTSC-U Wii game, it should work. so if the wbfs file isn't corrupt, then the problem could be from the drive you're using to load the game, usb flash drives are known for compatibility issues, so we need more details regarding your setup.

sockscap

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, that's I mean.

What language is your Wii set to? Try changing it to English in the language options of the loader and try again.

Maybe the game doesn't want to load because your Wii is Japanese and therefore the game tries to find the Japanese language which is not found as a language within the game files.
Right. I set Game Language to English, then it works (no need to change video settings). Thanks!

One more question, is there any guide or doc about the settings in USB Loader GX? Many of them are unclear to me.

Kirby6417

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I’ve never seen a guide. I just learned what the settings do by hunting these forums for a long time. I got pretty good at using the search function, but most of my luck was just going to Google and typing whatever setting I wanted to know about and adding “gbatemp” to the search and finding a post from 3-10 years ago. Most answers were from cyan who is a legend.

Reactions: grandosegood

sockscap

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good idea. I've found most of the answers using your method. Thanks for sharing.

However, I cannot find the descriptions of the following options under Loader settings. Anyone knows what it is?

- Quick Boot: enable it to speed up game launch?
- Channel Launcher: What's the difference between the two options?

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Good idea. I've found most of the answers using your method. Thanks for sharing.

However, I cannot find the descriptions of the following options under Loader settings. Anyone knows what it is?

- Quick Boot: enable it to speed up game launch?
- Channel Launcher: What's the difference between the two options?
I could be mistaken but iirc quick boot is mainly for titles on an emunand, and when enabled it loads less/minimal resources from the emunand to speed up boot times. When it works u may save a few seconds loading, and when it doesn't you will have to disable quick boot on a per title basis. It wouldn't surprise me if eventually an "Auto" mode gets introduced for this as well, that would be awesome

Reactions: sockscap

sockscap

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I could be mistaken but iirc quick boot is mainly for titles on an emunand, and when enabled it loads less/minimal resources from the emunand to speed up boot times. When it works u may save a few seconds loading, and when it doesn't you will have to disable quick boot on a per title basis. It wouldn't surprise me if eventually an "Auto" mode gets introduced for this as well, that would be awesome
Thanks XFlak! You are so knowledgable and always explain the technical details so clearly! :)

Reactions: XFlak

leejaclane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not trying to be pushy or demanding, but I thought there was supposed to be an update coming? I was hoping to get an estimate on how long it will be before the update is released, as I wanted to loan my Wii U to someone for them to play Wii games on it and I had been holding off on it until the update was ready because it was supposed to fix some issues. If it's going to be another month or more, I might as well just loan it to them now and then update USB Loader GX later when the update is released. I'm sorry if I seem impatient or ungrateful, that's not my intention at all.

I think I'll just plan to loan it to them and maybe lock the games that I know have issues.

grandosegood

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not trying to be pushy or demanding, but I thought there was supposed to be an update coming? I was hoping to get an estimate on how long it will be before the update is released, as I wanted to loan my Wii U to someone for them to play Wii games on it and I had been holding off on it until the update was ready because it was supposed to fix some issues. If it's going to be another month or more, I might as well just loan it to them now and then update USB Loader GX later when the update is released. I'm sorry if I seem impatient or ungrateful, that's not my intention at all.

I think I'll just plan to loan it to them and maybe lock the games that I know have issues.
Hey there, have you considered virtual console injections? It will give them potential gamepad usage too

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: