Hacking USB Loader GX - loading backups

Deleted member 321527

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
I have USB Loader GX and a few wbfs files on flash drive. I am using the top rear slot of the Wii U with no luck. When I load USB Loader GX it just fades to the 12 or so Wii boxed and returns to the Vwii dash. I have never used this program before so I am not sure what to expect. I get the same fade to the boxes and return to the Vwii dash with Wiiflow as well. Tried putting backups on the SD card in different folder structures as described here to no avail either.

ayrek

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you attempting to launch your loaders from a forwarder channel, or from the homebrew channel?

BBking83

Trophies
XP
Country
Try to run it from the HBC first and see how that goes.

Are you sure you've installed the cIOS correctly? And it's best to use a forwarder rather than the app as an actual channel.

ayrek

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If either of the apps load from the homebrew channel, then it might be your file structure. Make sure your USB loader GX boot.dol is in /apps/usbloader_gx/ on either SD or USB.

Deleted member 321527

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Thanks again for all the responses, I have TONS of questions however I like to try to solve some of them without filling up these messages boards first. The fix here was to run the usbloader EXE which created the files in the correct structure to drop into my apps folder. I assumed that executing the WAD file was enough, but I know now that is not the case. Thanks again...

Deleted member 321527

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
I have had some success and continue to make progress. I have a 500gig external USB drive from Toshiba I would like to use. USB Loader GX hangs on the initialize drive portion of the load. The drive is formatted fat32 . The drive makes an almost thrashing noise when its plugged into the wii U.

hundshamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you tried a USB-Y cable? I had a WD that made weird noises when plugged in to the WiiU. I got a USB-Y cable because of the low power output from the WiiU's USB ports, and it worked fine ever since.

PrimeX

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Hey guys, some question about USB Loader GX.
The loader detects my drives, either the 1TB hdd or 4GB stick but doesn't see any game on them. I have iso and wbfs files and tried putting them in the root, in their own folder, in a separate "Wii Games" foder and nothing.
The only things seen by the loader is the correct memory drive size (with 0 games) and the original disc games from the console optical drive...which I can run anyway :D

Plunt

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
For usb loader gx I have my drive formatted with a wbfs partition with some games, and a fat32 partition (games in wbfs folder [usb:\wbfs\]) with nintendo id names. ie SMNE01.wbfs for New Super Mario Bros.

edit: I use Wii Game Manager v1.5 to manage my USB HDD

PrimeX

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Thanks for your tips.
A manager is a must for the USB device or windows is enough to copy/delete/rename?

Plunt

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
just remember if you are using a fat32 partition files over 4gb will need to be split. ntfs apparently works now (larger file sizes) but i personally have no experience using ntfs with wii/vwii

PrimeX

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Thanks Plunt.
Today I'll try with an externally powered HDD, FAT32 partition and wbfs files. If I will still get 0 games I'll become very very angry :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sorry I sat on them when they were open
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    eeewww
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I thought it was the toilet
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    okies. Time to go watch YT paranormal ghost things. L8er my luvs :D
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got a massive clue
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    this mf def ain't watching ghost shit, he boutta beat his meat fr
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah he's about to be the ghost in your bedroom
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, and leave ectoplasm all over the place
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:

this is him being described
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I dislike the kind of drm where you have to play single player games online all the time bc of some verification bs
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Don't use games that have Easy Anti-Cheat as its been exploited many times.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, my PC can't run most AAA games so i wont
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Most of the modern AAA games
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I also heard one of the Prince of Persia games was so unfinished that it required the "24/7 online" drm so a puzzle could be done and the game could be finished. And that when the Ubisoft servers were closed the (cracked) game was impossible to finish or something like that
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, That's extra scummy. Ubisoft nowadays ship out incomplete games like Skull and Bones which was being worked on for nearly a decade now.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, i think they have been doing that since late 2000s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Either that or their old games were unfinished aswell but we can't notice it
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I like that games can be fixed after the fact, hate that it's being abused via beta tests... And DLC... I was a 7800 owner back in the day and loved Impossible Mission, turns out I couldn't beat it because it was actually impossible lol
    I never knew about it at the time but a fixed version was available but you had to mail in your broken copy lol
    So that version is semi rare
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: So that version is semi rare