Hacking usb loader freezing with all games after short times??

Bluefinger

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
is anyone else finding that ALL there games freeze after short time like a minute after they boot whether ripped using usb loader or windows tool? seeing it in wii music seems that it losses the controller and then games stop working.
is wanikoko coding causing?? or other problem?

Lookie401

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=145...t&p=1870644

I'm not using a thumbdrive but it also happen to me. If you read my post I played ONE game fine. Then when installing more games and even playing the same game again, it freezes.

Also, if it an overheating issue then wouldn't a thumbdrive/HDD unmounted itself on the computer too (ie. installing game)?

Lookie401

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I play around a bit more (no pun intended lol) and I think I came to a reason why it's doing it. What sess said, it something to do with the drive "mounting".

If playing a game that require constant streaming video/audio/loading (ie. Mario Kart Wii, Super Smash Bros. Brawl), it will unmount the drive ~1 minute into the game.

If playing a game that doesn't require constant streaming and only loads data when it needs to (ie. moving to "another level" and/or entering/leaving an area), it won't unmount itself unless you keep doing something that makes it loads data constantly (ie. entering/leaving a house in Animal Crossing). Though I find this strange because I played ACCF for an hour with no problem before. @_@

Omegax0

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I've been trying Kororinpa 2 and I doubt that uses a lot of streaming. It always freezes 10 seconds into the level, or even in the menu if I'm not fast enough.

The strange thing is that I have managed to play it without a problem a few times. Same with Wii Music (which tends to freeze in the very start if you have video sharing turned on).

Smuff

Fossilized Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Haven't noticed this yet, but then I have been too busy filling my hard drive up to actually play anything for any length of time lol
Will try tomorrow and post back if I have any freezes/unmounts to report.

Bluefinger

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
nothing wrong with my flash drives, tried it with Wii Sports in the drive and without. happens with Animal Crossing, Wii Music, Mario Galaxy, everything I can find.

Omegax0

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
It's even stranger now. With a disk in the drive it worked at first. I was able to play a whole level in Kororinpa without a problem. Then I decided to reset and it ended up freezing again the next 2 times I tried. I really wonder what's wrong.

Also according to WinDLG's quick test my drive is fine. I'll pass on the extensive test since it seems to take more than 4 hours.
tongue.gif

zapu

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
FYI the usb driver is still unfinished. And the DIP isn't too. It might get a 'remount' feature later so it'll help you guys. And I don't really think that thumbdrives overheats and unmounts themselves, I used to have linux installed on my pendrive to fix people's pc and it worked fine (with constant reads/writes to the drive).

Lookie401

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Omegax0 said:
I've been trying Kororinpa 2 and I doubt that uses a lot of streaming.
Actually it does. Lots of Wii games release lately have streaming audio.

And I'll try putting in a disc while launching a game. *cross finger*

EDIT: Nope, that doesn't work.
frown.gif

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
Omegax0 said:
It's even stranger now. With a disk in the drive it worked at first. I was able to play a whole level in Kororinpa without a problem. Then I decided to reset and it ended up freezing again
Lol! Same with Mario Galaxy here XD...I played through Good Egg galaxy 1st and 2nd mission without problems :F Reset->Instant freeze

Using Samsung 160GB 2,5''

ekolimits

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i tried playing mario kart and tales of symphonia and get a freeze
it freezes on selecting single player or other options in mario kart...
wii sports played ok... but i only played one match of tennis...

i have a maxtor ide hard disk in an enclosure.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    run h2testw on it
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying