Hacking usb loader freezing with all games after short times??

manias

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I played tales of symphonia for a bit (til the first battle which is like 15 mins?) without freezing
smile.gif

but while playing broken sword I looked at th dead body, went into the menu, out again and it froze (but that could also just be a game bug)

-pb-

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm not sure if it is really disk related.
have to wii's over here, both exactly same IOS versions etc..
one is older type of wii, second newer type (silver ribbon).

on the older one all stuff is running smootly,
on the newer one it freezes all the times..
I'm using the same usb disk in this case...

also on the 'have issues' wii when adding games to the disk by using usbloader I often get a core dump [ DMI (?) error..]

shoot me..

glowy

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I've seen it core dump during game adding.
it stops at xx.xx% and disk led won't go off.
pressing any button causes a core dump.

Mine freezes during mario galaxy, kororinpa has no issues on mine.

brabomichel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ekolimits said:
i tried playing mario kart and tales of symphonia and get a freeze
it freezes on selecting single player or other options in mario kart...
wii sports played ok... but i only played one match of tennis...

i have a maxtor ide hard disk in an enclosure.

Mario kart is working fine by me....using a 8 gb usb stick. played it 1 hour

Omegax0

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
-pb- said:

Interesting, when did the silver ribbon type Wii start appearing?

Also my Wii suddenly didn't recognize my drive anymore, so I had to format it again for it to work. Lot of strange stuff happening it seems.
wacko.gif

nonamewasfree

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Omegax0 said:
-pb- said:

Also my Wii suddenly didn't recognize my drive anymore, so I had to format it again for it to work. Lot of strange stuff happening it seems.
wacko.gif
i have a first generation PAL Wii and suffer under freezing problems

-pb-

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Omegax0 said:
-pb- said:

wacko.gif

if I''m not mistaken since d2e drive revisions (for sure the epoxy ones)

phaerun

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Well I am not certain if this is a problem with my drive alone (transcend 320gb 2.5inch) but it seems like the loader does not like the nunchuck very much.

Whenever i am in the loader and I plug in the nunchuck it starts behaving weirdly and after a while freezes completely. And that happens quite often.

Omegax0

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I tried a few more games, and some of them actually work fine.

No freeze:

MadWorld
Tales of Symphonia: DotNW
House of the Dead Overkill
Disaster

Freeze after about a minute:

Wii Music
Kororinpa 2
Sonic and The Black Knight

I wonder if it really has something to do with games requiring constant streaming.

magic12

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Croatia
Omegax0 said:

No freeze:

MadWorld
Disaster

Wii Music
Kororinpa 2

I wonder if it really has something to do with games requiring constant streaming.

Yes, it does. Most external drives have built-in standby function

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
magic12 said:
Omegax0 said:

No freeze:

MadWorld
Disaster

Wii Music
Kororinpa 2

Yes, it does. Most external drives have built-in standby function
...Ok, and now, would it be possible that issue will be fixed in new version of the loader?

Bluefinger

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
okay after try more games and timing almost all last *exactly* one minute before freeze or loss controller happens it does not matter where in game you are

Omegax0

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yet the freezes always happen at the same time. Even if, for example, you load a level mere seconds before it freezes.

Does the standby activate that quickly?

ekolimits

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, the freezes happen always at the same time... for me tales of symphonia freezes right after the wii mote message in the beggining and mario kart freezes when entering online play or single player... no way can the hdd go to sleep mode precisely at the same time... i even wait sometimes and then select the option to enter single player

duplo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Omegax0 said:
Yet the freezes always happen at the same time. Even if, for example, you load a level mere seconds before it freezes.

Does the standby activate that quickly?

No, and games freezes with my 2GB thumbdrive without any kind of standby feature. It is something else.

manias

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
ekolimits said:
yeah, the freezes happen always at the same time... for me tales of symphonia freezes right after the wii mote message in the beggining and mario kart freezes when entering online play or single player... no way can the hdd go to sleep mode precisely at the same time... i even wait sometimes and then select the option to enter single player
lotsa ppl played mario kart for ages n i've played symphonia for a while (first battle n all) so make sure those are ripped @ pc, not thru the wii?
they didnt mean it always freezes at the same point in the game, they mean after a set amount of minutes
but ye i also crash at times.. (seems a bit random, metroid froze after about 10 minutes)

Lookie401

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I found out the problem. Hopefully this will fix your freezing problem.

I remember someone on the forum saying that in Animal Crossing, Wii Speak doesn't work. Guess what, a USB keyboard doesn't work either. In fact ANY OTHER USB device doesn't work... like a USB LAN Adapter.

If you're using a USB LAN Adapter to connect online you need to switch to a wireless connection (unplugging your USB LAN Adapter doesn't work; if you don't have a wireless connection then you need to delete your wired connection settings). WiiConnect24 (not sure it matter if you have it on or off) will try to connect online 1 minute into gameplay. Since the only thing that's active is a USB flashdrive/HDD WiiConnect24 will "unmount" your flashdrive/HDD and will try to use it to connect online (yes it's stupid lol). This what cause the freezing.

Also, this affect installing a game via Wii. I thought I couldn't install a game because my disc driver is "old and worn out" (I bought my Wii January 2007 and it's a DMS drive; have Wiikey v1 installed) but now I can install both retails and backups with no problem (including games like SSBB). I guess WiiConnect24 will try to connect online no matter what you're doing but it only affect the USB Loader.

Actually, it only affect apps that use cIOS rev9. I have trouble using Wad Manager 1.3 after I install cIOS rev9 and notice the app use cIOS if found. I thought a wad couldn't install because there's something wrong with it (it freeze 1 minute into installing!) but after switching to a wireless connection I try installing the same wad with no problem.

So that's my finding. Guess we now know what's causing it (hopefully).

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
Lookie401 said:
Hey guys, I found out the problem. Hopefully this will fix your freezing problem.

I remember someone on the forum saying that in Animal Crossing, Wii Speak doesn't work. Guess what, a USB keyboard doesn't work either. In fact ANY OTHER USB device doesn't work... like a USB LAN Adapter.

If you're using a USB LAN Adapter to connect online you need to switch to a wireless connection (unplugging your USB LAN Adapter doesn't work; if you don't have a wireless connection then you need to delete your wired connection settings). WiiConnect24 (not sure it matter if you have it on or off) will try to connect online 1 minute into gameplay. Since the only thing that's active is a USB flashdrive/HDD WiiConnect24 will "unmount" your flashdrive/HDD and will try to use it to connect online (yes it's stupid lol). This what cause the freezing.

Also, this affect installing a game via Wii. I thought I couldn't install a game because my disc driver is "old and worn out" (I bought my Wii January 2007 and it's a DMS drive; have Wiikey v1 installed) but now I can install both retails and backups with no problem (including games like SSBB). I guess WiiConnect24 will try to connect online no matter what you're doing but it only affect the USB Loader.

Actually, it only affect apps that use cIOS rev9. I have trouble using Wad Manager 1.3 after I install cIOS rev9 and notice the app use cIOS if found. I thought a wad couldn't install because there's something wrong with it (it freeze 1 minute into installing!) but after switching to a wireless connection I try installing the same wad with no problem.

So that's my finding. Guess we now know what's causing it (hopefully).

How can I show that I love you in not homosexual way?
unsure.gif

It really worked....somehow.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://youtu.be/5eLWoy0fFkc?si=1vvQ_2zAUlF1ThoD