OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Pakatus said:
Do we need to rename them?
I'm currently sending covers to your site...using the (+) button.

Does it need to have the id.png as name?

No , you dont need to rename them.

Full covers get renamed as they upload , so as long as they are JPG images and in a large good quality thats all you need.
Some may be too large but you will get an error if that happens.

Thanks for taking the time to upload.

bnm81002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there a 3D covers pack list for both NTSC and PAL games with 160 x 225 images somewhere for download? the site only has it as standard covers that are not 3D? thanks

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have slightly adjusted the way the site works - if an image doesnt exist you get a blank page now - i think that should make it easier for auto downloaders to re-check for images at a later stage instead of getting the no image style of cover.

Ill work on the search system next so that it displays more than just the cover.

djbubba2002

Trophies
XP
Country
i was downlaoding 100 covrs for the box art .. and i find over 20 covers allready and they are PAL , IN NTSC-U , already .. see i hate this .. why do people up pal covers to ntsc-u.... then dont uplaod slim cases, i hate slim cases..

55 Boogie Superstar RG6E69 ARE THE SAME COVERS ,,,,, god damn...
56 Boogie RBOE69
59 Bratz Girlzs Really Rock RRLE78 is PAL COVER.....please take it out .. then i will know to make one ...
112 Dance Dance Revolution : Hottest Part 2
113 Dance Dance Revolution : Hottest Party are the same cover of 112
Box Covers NTSC-U A-B rar ....theses are XXXXXX.PNG not four
Box Covers A-B NTSC - U RAR

Box Covers C-D NTSC-U

Lord_Fei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Love the Idea of Wii Boxart. Is there any way you guys can add a function to what you want to download at the bottom.

Example: A check box for Covers, 3d Covers, Disk images, Custom Disk images, and a size variable.

The reason I ask is I am a Soldier serving in Iraq, at this time I am unable to connect my Wii to the interwebs to do any of the automatic download that are offered through the USB loaders. I do have access to the internet with a computer but it is limited and doing individual downloads would take more time then I have on a regular basis.

Thank you in advance

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Lord_Fei said:
Love the Idea of Wii Boxart. Is there any way you guys can add a function to what you want to download at the bottom.

Example: A check box for Covers, 3d Covers, Disk images, Custom Disk images, and a size variable.

The reason I ask is I am a Soldier serving in Iraq, at this time I am unable to connect my Wii to the interwebs to do any of the automatic download that are offered through the USB loaders. I do have access to the internet with a computer but it is limited and doing individual downloads would take more time then I have on a regular basis.

Thank you in advance
Im working on something just like that at the moment - the thing is for resizing an image, the site has to create the image and save it in a temp file - it does that now and deletes the file after it displays it , but to create a zip it would have to save all of the resized images in a folder , then zip the folder and then erase the files again. Its possible but it makes the server work hard.
That combined with the added bandwidth that will be used will mean ill only be making it available to people tho donate to the site. and as such im starting a 'members' section for this purpose.

All the covers will still be available for download as they are now and the members section will only add on handy things like you mentioned for anyone who feels a donation is worth having access to the extra bits.
The money will go towards paying for the extra bandwidth.

djbubba2002

Trophies
XP
Country
djtaz make me a folder , .. then i am goin to upload the missing ones today .. but just make me a fodler then , someone has to resize them..

richy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
@djtaz (and anyone else who might know!).....

WBFS manager uses your site for images and I was just wondering if you or anyone else knew why some images appear at their exact size of 160x225 when you hover over a particular title and others appear slightly larger (similar sort of size to how they appear at the side if you enable large cover view)

As far as I can tell it's something to do with how they're saved. Any that I've saved using Photoshop CS3 always exhibit this "larger" effect wheareas most of the ones downloaded from the site appear at their "correct" size. It's weird because if you view them in Photoshop or Windows Photo Gallery then they all appear at their correct size. It must be some sort of flag that Photoshop sets or doesn't set that's causing it. I just wondered how you made the bulk of the PNGs on your site. I've taken a few PNGs from your site and just opened and saved them in CS3 and they then all exhibit the same effect in WBFS Manager too.

Yeah, it's probably not a major issue but I just can't work out what's causing it PLUS the covers look clearer when viewed at their correct 160x225 size as well
smile.gif

[EDIT] OK, I've just tried bunging some of my CS3 files through Portable PngOptimizer and clearing all excess junk from the file seems to fix the issue and make them about 1% smaller. I've also tried some of the files I've downloaded from the site and they came out at between 70-83% of their original size whilst keeping all of the relevant image information. Might be worth batching a whole load of them through perhaps?

Anyway, I guess this proves that it's something in the metadata that causes the issue I mentioned above.... still just not sure what!
wink.gif

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
richy said:
@djtaz (and anyone else who might know!).....

WBFS manager uses your site for images and I was just wondering if you or anyone else knew why some images appear at their exact size of 160x225 when you hover over a particular title and others appear slightly larger (similar sort of size to how they appear at the side if you enable large cover view)

As far as I can tell it's something to do with how they're saved. Any that I've saved using Photoshop CS3 always exhibit this "larger" effect wheareas most of the ones downloaded from the site appear at their "correct" size. It's weird because if you view them in Photoshop or Windows Photo Gallery then they all appear at their correct size. It must be some sort of flag that Photoshop sets or doesn't set that's causing it. I just wondered how you made the bulk of the PNGs on your site. I've taken a few PNGs from your site and just opened and saved them in CS3 and they then all exhibit the same effect in WBFS Manager too.

Yeah, it's probably not a major issue but I just can't work out what's causing it PLUS the covers look clearer when viewed at their correct 160x225 size as well
smile.gif

[EDIT] OK, I've just tried bunging some of my CS3 files through Portable PngOptimizer and clearing all excess junk from the file seems to fix the issue and make them about 1% smaller. I've also tried some of the files I've downloaded from the site and they came out at between 70-83% of their original size whilst keeping all of the relevant image information. Might be worth batching a whole load of them through perhaps?

Anyway, I guess this proves that it's something in the metadata that causes the issue I mentioned above.... still just not sure what!
wink.gif

i would think its the way GD handles the resizing of the files - one of the links on the site is a direct link to the files for the normal covers , its only when they are resized that it runs the script to edit the image , so it may be the 160x225 images are the originals and came from a few different sources.

Thanks all i can think of if your getting different sizes and styles.

AgentX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Great site, one problem I found, Metal Slug Anthology PAL, RMLP7U has an NTSC front cover and 3d cover although the full cover is PAL. Can this be fixed?

WiiMonkey

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ok guys were going to start banning people from uploading if repeatedly uploading wrong images unless whoever is uploading the wrong region covers stops it and if we get enough donations we will dedicate a members section to the site to download all sections that arent available at them moment.

TheGlade

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
First of all I wanted to thank you for making the site available.

But I also have two suggestions:

Can somebody fix the names of the Guitarhero games? (id 278-281 the Iii looks a bit strange III would be better.)
Also id 280 is wrong, must be Guitar Hero III Legends of Rock (All PAL versions)

And finally the option to request full cover images?

Keep up the good work!

geedub

Trophies
XP
Country
hey tazo ,
sites awesome now mate ! great work

to think i was there at the start but fk me what a difference now

i just tried that coverflow by beardface ! i deleted 100mb package on sdcard , then downloaded covers only 8mb after , great work

just had to pop into thank you
grog.gif

Fiesty Panda

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TheGlade said:
Can somebody fix the names of the Guitarhero games? (id 278-281 the Iii looks a bit strange III would be better.)
Also id 280 is wrong, must be Guitar Hero III Legends of Rock (All PAL versions)
Do it yourself!!! Go into /usbloader on your SD card and replace any titles with what you want them to be. That's how I have all of my New Play Control Games before all the others. Same goes for covers, people! Chances are if theotherzone doesn't have it, http://www.teambadattitude.co.uk/art/wii/ does, and a quick resize is all it takes, and then you can upload it if you're feeling generous.

PS: The cool thing about this DIY method is that when you search for new cover art, it sees there's already a box for that game, and doesn't replace it, even if the loader itself didn't download it.

dsfanatic5

Team ICO Freak
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiMonkey said:
Ok guys were going to start banning people from uploading if repeatedly uploading wrong images unless whoever is uploading the wrong region covers stops it and if we get enough donations we will dedicate a members section to the site to download all sections that arent available at them moment.
I would also like to see people stop uploading wrong full covers. I hope it wasn't laziness on someone's behalf, but Fishing Master and Fishing Master World Tour have the same full covers.

TheGlade

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Fiesty Panda said:
TheGlade said:
Do it yourself!!! Go into /usbloader on your SD card and replace any titles with what you want them to be. That's how I have all of my New Play Control Games before all the others. Same goes for covers, people! Chances are if theotherzone doesn't have it, http://www.teambadattitude.co.uk/art/wii/ does, and a quick resize is all it takes, and then you can upload it if you're feeling generous.

PS: The cool thing about this DIY method is that when you search for new cover art, it sees there's already a box for that game, and doesn't replace it, even if the loader itself didn't download it.
I can indeed fix this myself, however, imho this is a general mistake which could be corrected at the site, instead of everybody needind to fix it themselves (like the WRONG title for id 280.)

And I know how the usbloaders and titles.txt work. There's really no need to lecture me.

reddevilmeuk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry for my ignorance, but is there a quick way of downloading all PAL | NTSC full covers? I tried using the checkbox on the site, but it gives you only the front covers... this is for use with WiiFlow
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It must be the 1st already
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    1st of what?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    may?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh yeah it's in September
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, yea i think its different
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ok, because here it's in september, right before the fuckin school year starts
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
    TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands: I appreciate the insight!