Hacking USB LOADER COVER IMAGES

WiiMonkey

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
UPDATE

Wii Boxart is now hosting full covers with the impending release of the new loader,
When uploading covers could they be uploaded with a high resolution (1000x500 minimum) and JPG format.
The site is now accepting uploads for full covers, These will available on site once moderated
PLEASE scan your original covers (high quality) and upload those images if you wish to contribute.
Please note that covers will be displayed as 512×340

fullcover.png

will represent if the cover is available

missingo.png

will represent when a cover is missing and the link to upload it

Sykojoe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi Guys

I've noticed that in most titles.txt and on almost all cover sites that the RMPE54 and RL8E54 both are listed as MLB Power Pros 2008

RMPE54 is not 2008 but 2007 and should have a different cover image
Not sure the what the rules are for this site and posted links to other sites but the correct image that should be used can be found here
hxxp ://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MLB_Power_Pros

If someone could make a 3d cover using this image it would be greatly appreciated

MJMan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
one suggestion i have is to allow for alternate boxarts, for the games that have them (Okami and the New Play Control or Wii Play Control series come to mind)... some of us prefer the alternate box arts (aka without the borders, or without the ign logo
tongue.gif
)
other than that, great job on the site and collection!

EDIT: Also, the cover art for Pikmin is not correct for NTSC-U. I have a proper boxart for it if you'd like to upload it (only the Alternate, non-bordered version though). Just let me know!

~MJ

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
MJMan said:
one suggestion i have is to allow for alternate boxarts, for the games that have them (Okami and the New Play Control or Wii Play Control series come to mind)... some of us prefer the alternate box arts (aka without the borders, or without the ign logo
tongue.gif
)
other than that, great job on the site and collection!

EDIT: Also, the cover art for Pikmin is not correct for NTSC-U. I have a proper boxart for it if you'd like to upload it (only the Alternate, non-bordered version though). Just let me know!

~MJ
Any covers that are seen to be incorrect can be overwritten - just do a normal upload and it will say the box is already there and give you an option to send it to a moderator. You can explain why you want a change and a moderator will approve or reject the request fairly soon.
Ive done it this way so that everyone can help out and upload , but anyone messing about gets weeded out in the moderation process.

Massive thanks to whoever spent time uploading 58 or so more full covers - ill mod a few of them now so they should be on the site shortly.
Keep the full covers coming
biggrin.gif

QUOTE(Sykojoe @ May 27 2009, 03:18 AM) Hi Guys

I've noticed that in most titles.txt and on almost all cover sites that the RMPE54 and RL8E54 both are listed as MLB Power Pros 2008

RMPE54 is not 2008 but 2007 and should have a different cover image
Not sure the what the rules are for this site and posted links to other sites but the correct image that should be used can be found here
hxxp ://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MLB_Power_Pros

If someone could make a 3d cover using this image it would be greatly appreciated
Same goes for you - just make the new cover and upload it and a moderator will approve the new image - you can explain about the name in the comments and that can be fixed as well if its incorrect.

Sykojoe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE said:
Same goes for you - just make the new cover and upload it and a moderator will approve the new image - you can explain about the name in the comments and that can be fixed as well if its incorrect.

I wish I could. My photoshop skills do not exist

edit - I've found the correct image already on the site $$ RMPE00 has the right image for RMPE54 with the 3d boxart
I have resent the boxart to be moderated but there was no place to upload the 3d image

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Sykojoe said:
QUOTE said:

I wish I could. My photoshop skills do not exist

edit - I've found the correct image already on the site $$ RMPE00 has the right image for RMPE54 with the 3d boxart
I have resent the boxart to be moderated but there was no place to upload the 3d image

3D images are only uploadable by NeoRame - its to try to keep some order for that section as he is excellent with images in general.
I had 1 image for RMPE54 but it was corrupt so i kept the site image instead.

Ill check later , but can someone confirm the ID of the image thats in there now for that ?

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whomever is uploading the full covers... can you please upload them in a higher resolution/size? Or do you have them available elsewhere?

djbubba2002

Trophies
XP
Country
djtaz , i gave mine to blindude, the full covers , the big ones in size they are like 3mb to 7mb .. each .. just lettin you know ,, you need somehting else let me know .. you can get on my ftp and see what i haev if you want

BlindDude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have been upping the pack bubba sent me and have had to resize some to get under the 2megs limit but have not gone under 1000pixels on the wide side.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
D34DL1N3R said:
Whomever is uploading the full covers... can you please upload them in a higher resolution/size? Or do you have them available elsewhere?
The covers are uploaded at a really large size , but the site resizes the covers on the fly for the loader that they are developed for.
The uploaded images are JPG , but the site returns PNG files at the size required by Hibers loader which is who asked me to put them on there.
If people want larger images then i expect 2 things - 1 would be a donation for the bandwidth usage on the site as its up to 900 gigs a month now , and second would be a reason they want the larger covers - if its personal im not interested , if its project based id like to see more and what its about and i may do something for them.

QUOTE(djbubba2002 @ May 27 2009, 05:29 PM) djtaz , i gave mine to blindude, the full covers , the big ones in size they are like 3mb to 7mb .. each .. just lettin you know ,, you need somehting else let me know .. you can get on my ftp and see what i haev if you want
Thanks a million bubba , and of course blinddude for upping them all - There was a load of covers on the site this morning waiting to be moderated when i looked.
Hopefully people will break out their scanners and scan some missing covers and help us all out.

One they are all up we will also need people to let us know what covers are incorrect - theres always going to be incorrect covers , but we have to start somewhere.

Dermy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mario Power Tennis shows a pal cover under the ntsc section. Also Pikmin is different under the ntsc section like MJMan said. Can you replace the original cover, the 3D one and the full cover for mario tennis and replace the Pikmin original and 3D cover? You could use the ones that are here and crop them.

djbubba2002

Trophies
XP
Country
BlindDude & djtaz I dont know how to resize them .. I hope you guys can , i will upload the covers then , you guys can put them on the site .. Enjoy more to come
Here are Full Covers Missing
Action Girl Racing.jpg 3.57mb
Action Girl Racing NTSC-U

Space Chimps.jpg 3.03 mb
Space Chimps NTSC-U

Army Men Soldiers of Misfortune.jpg 3.58 mb
Army Men Soldiers of misfortune NTSC-U

Baja 1000.jpg 6.7 MB
Baja 1000 NTSC-U

Backyard Baseball 2010.jpg 3.57 MB
Backyard BaseBall 2010

Baroque.jpg 1.94 mb
Baroque NTSC-U

Backyard Sport 09.jpg 3.66 mb (You know there is a backyard sports 09 and backyard baseball 09 also )
BackYard Sports 09 NTSC-U

Backyard Football.JPG 1.25 MB
Backyard FootBall NTSC-U

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yeah we found that sites ages back but the problem is having to rename the images to the Game ID which can be very time consuming as no loader can use them with the name format they have.

Great for printing covers , useless for loaders.

djbubba2002

Trophies
XP
Country

Pakatus

Trophies
XP
Country
Do we need to rename them?
I'm currently sending covers to your site...using the (+) button.

Does it need to have the id.png as name?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
    rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2: i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning...