Homebrew Updates about nesDS...

avenir

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
huiminghao said:
Sir_Voe said:
I also recompiled using the latest libraries. I was able to save and load a state from Sudokuhax, but later when I attempted to save my ini settings, the next time I loaded I got a guru meditation error. I suppose we'll just need to wait patiently for Huminghao to return and possibly sort it out.

EDIT: from the Guru Meditation Error screen:
pc: 0202F65C addr: 0082D1B0
I tried that when 0.54a was released. Seems the 'nesds.ini' is not compatible with the latest devkitARM/libnds.
I will try fixing that..

QUOTE(Alanturing @ Aug 15 2011, 05:41 AM) i remember you asking for the snemulds source
here it is https://svn.bountysource.com/snemulds/
Thanks.. bountysource is alive agian.

nesDS project is NOT dead, but I have no idea on what to do in the next release... Give me some suggestions.....
unsure.gif
So... I should comment both.

For my nesDSwrap distro, I need to compile nesDS using r32. r33 isn't working (Guru).

That snemulds src is 0.6 or 0.5, rather than 0.6WIP2. I managed to compile it using r23, but it has graphic glitches and no key input (lol).
So my smc.snemulds.nds is internal release...

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
avenir said:
That snemulds src is 0.6 or 0.5, rather than 0.6WIP2. I managed to compile it using r23, but it has graphic glitches and no key input (lol).
So my smc.snemulds.nds is internal release...
I can confirm that.

I asked Alek Maul a long time ago to check if those sources are really from the WIP2, but he seems to have been busy on some other task ...

huiminghao

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Switzerland
Ha~I got a nice idea to speed up the 'Pure-Soft' mode, if it would work, using the both screens to show all the graphic could be easy...
Rewriting the 'Pure-Soft' code will take some time...
Wait for me~
wink.gif

Naito-Tanuki

Trophies
XP
Country
I have a suggestion!
Would it be possible to have like a configuration file that automatically sets an individual NES rom to recommended settings?

Eg.

NAME: EarthBound Zero
SETTING: Pure-Soft

choconado

Doesn't understand a damn thing on here
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Naito-Tanuki said:
I have a suggestion!
Would it be possible to have like a configuration file that automatically sets an individual NES rom to recommended settings?

Eg.

NAME: EarthBound Zero
SETTING: Pure-Soft

Or maybe an easier way to go about it is have the program automatically save the config settings per rom? So like you only have to set it to Pure-Soft the first time you load it up?

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Customs settings per game would be great.....you play a game, set it up to run the way you want, hit save custom settings and it adds the title (whatever you called the ROM) and your screen mode, screen-size settings, and whatever else might be important to a settings.ini to be remembered the next time you boot that game. It would probably be better to have this as its own file separate from the nesDS.ini though, because everyone is going to have all different games and settings they prefer.

JCR1

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
huiminghao said:
Ha~I got a nice idea to speed up the 'Pure-Soft' mode, if it would work, using the both screens to show all the graphic could be easy...
Rewriting the 'Pure-Soft' code will take some time...
Wait for me~
wink.gif

If you get it, will be wonderful, we will play at perfect resolution without sacrificing scores or lives. Play at 1:1 resolution is very enjoyable, if you can't, add option to save changes in the manual screen scaling please. Thanks for all!!

yaketyJack

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Hiuminghao, that is awesome!! Pure-soft is the perfect way to play them, since it eliminates most errors. Do you think speed would be close to 100%?

Also the two-screen visibility would be great. The DS resolution is great for NES games. I tried the PSP emulators, but the screen 1:1 is too small.

Good luck!!!

Jiro2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would pure-soft be closer to 100% if used in DSi mode? (I don't have sudokuhax, but I do have an iEvolution so I can run in DSi mode on that)

Sir_Voe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jiro2 said:
Would pure-soft be closer to 100% if used in DSi mode? (I don't have sudokuhax, but I do have an iEvolution so I can run in DS mode on that)

Currently, yes. You can tick the frameskip down one notch in DSi mode without slowdown you would normally incur on that setting.

locolol

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
In NesDS 0.45a ,when i play mega man III and take some damage,the mega man sprite looks somewhat garbled (check his legs when you get hit)...also,the music sounds kinda' screwy...hope it gets fixed soon, besides that you're doing a great job (as usual)
biggrin.gif
keep it up!

huiminghao

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Switzerland
yaketyJack said:
Hiuminghao, that is awesome!! Pure-soft is the perfect way to play them, since it eliminates most errors. Do you think speed would be close to 100%?
Also the two-screen visibility would be great. The DS resolution is great for NES games. I tried the PSP emulators, but the screen 1:1 is too small.
Good luck!!!
I tried these few days, but failed agian.. With the new method, the rendering of background got slightly faster, BUT the 'Pure-Soft' is still unable to run at 100% speed.
I will try the 'two-screen' thing...

locolol

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
locolol said:
In NesDS 0.45a ,when i play mega man III and take some damage,the mega man sprite looks somewhat garbled (check his legs when you get hit)...also,the music sounds kinda' screwy...hope it gets fixed soon, besides that you're doing a great job (as usual)
biggrin.gif
keep it up!

my bad,i meant NesDS 0.55a

U_U

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
v0.55b is out now.

Changes: (taken from readme)

Sound update.
Sprites update.
A bug of Memory fixed.
Palette sync added, click Menu > Game > Display > OnOrOff to change. More info, see the 'About'.
Pal sync needed:Fantastic Adventures of Dizzy, Micro Machines, Wizards & Warriors, Feng Shen Bang.

Source

redfalcon

GBATemp Member
Trophies
Website
code.google.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Doesn't work on my M3 Real. Keeps saying "No roms found" regardless of the path in the ini-file, even when I put the roms in the same dir as the *.nds

Works with YSMenu.

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
redfalcon said:
Doesn't work on my M3 Real. Keeps saying "No roms found" regardless of the path in the ini-file, even when I put the roms in the same dir as the *.nds

did you properly dldi-patch the nds file?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol