Homebrew Updates about nesDS...

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
While Mega Man 3,4,5,6 work flawlessly, Mega Man 1 and 2 have issues. 2 freezes after selecting a level and 1 have serious graphic issues. Can anyone confirm this?

Sir_Voe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiBricker said:
While Mega Man 3,4,5,6 work flawlessly, Mega Man 1 and 2 have issues. 2 freezes after selecting a level and 1 have serious graphic issues. Can anyone confirm this?

Mega Man 1 & 2 are working fine for me.

Bree500

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I noticed this thread was started back in march 2011. I downloaded the nesds about a month ago. Does that mean the patches were already added to the nesds emulator or do i need to add a patch for the updated fixes.

I am interested in the mike tyson punchout fix

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bree500 said:
I noticed this thread was started back in march 2011. I downloaded the nesds about a month ago. Does that mean the patches were already added to the nesds emulator or do i need to add a patch for the updated fixes.

I am interested in the mike tyson punchout fix

Latest version of nesDS is here:
http://filetrip.net/f25613-nesDS-0-54a.html

Mike Tyson Punchout works perfectly in "pure soft" mode.

Bree500

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i figured out the pure soft mode. Mike tyson punchout is improved, its much better than before. Thanks

i also figured out how to use Duck Hunt light gun. This is no fun when you have to use the stylus or your finger to shoot the duck. It should be just like the way it was originally. It's best to use a cursor to shoot down the duck.

RodrigoDavy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Some days ago, it was released libnds 1.5.3 it adds write access to the sudokuhax, the DSi SD card hack. I tried to recompile the source code of nesds using the latest libraries, and it apparently worked, but when I try to open the nesds, I get a red screen with the message: " Guru Meditation Error! data abort! " It happens in both sudokuhax and with a regular flash cart. Do you have any idea of what may be causing the problem? And, if it's not too much trouble, could you recompile nesds using the latest libraries and release it?

Sir_Voe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also recompiled using the latest libraries. I was able to save and load a state from Sudokuhax, but later when I attempted to save my ini settings, the next time I loaded I got a guru meditation error. I suppose we'll just need to wait patiently for Huminghao to return and possibly sort it out.

EDIT: from the Guru Meditation Error screen:

pc: 0202F65C addr: 0082D1B0

huiminghao

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Switzerland
Sir_Voe said:
I also recompiled using the latest libraries. I was able to save and load a state from Sudokuhax, but later when I attempted to save my ini settings, the next time I loaded I got a guru meditation error. I suppose we'll just need to wait patiently for Huminghao to return and possibly sort it out.

EDIT: from the Guru Meditation Error screen:
pc: 0202F65C addr: 0082D1B0
I tried that when 0.54a was released. Seems the 'nesds.ini' is not compatible with the latest devkitARM/libnds.
I will try fixing that..

QUOTE(Alanturing @ Aug 15 2011, 05:41 AM) i remember you asking for the snemulds source
here it is https://svn.bountysource.com/snemulds/
Thanks.. bountysource is alive agian.

nesDS project is NOT dead, but I have no idea on what to do in the next release... Give me some suggestions.....
unsure.gif

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
I think game compatibility should be key now that just about everything else is fixed and working. I can't believe how amazing this emulator is; it now supports NiFi, Light Gun... oh man it's amazing.

Anybody have any games that do not work at the moment? I will go and try to test my GoodROM set and see if I find anything.

And it MAY be kinda silly, but I suggestion; WiFi play, if possible, would be cool. I dunno how much insane work that would be though.

And some FDS games don't save still, right? Or was that fixed?

Sir_Voe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, Mr Gimmick is still graphically glitched and Gumshoe has an issue with the touch screen light gun emulation where shooting an object on the same plane will sometimes make the player character jump unintentionally (making some portions near impossible to pass).

Kikirini

Zelda Fangirl
Trophies
Website
kuroshouri.com
XP
Country
United States
I agree, maybe now it's time to focus on game compatibility. Last I checked, Mike Tyson's Punch Out had garbled graphics for me, but that might have been fixed. (I upgraded to a 3DS and can't use my old R4, so I haven't used NesDS in a while.)

It really is amazing what you've done with this emulator, huiminghao. Anything you do to further improve it will just be icing on the cake.
smile.gif

minoplis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well, this might be a stupid request, but I would like if nesds supported mappers for some pirate games, like Master Fighter 2 (a pirate version of Street Fighter 2), Master Fighter 3 (which is Master Fighter 2 with Mario as a playable character) or World Heroes 2 (a weird mixed bag with random characters).. Yeah, I like those weird, almost unplayable NES pirate fighting games..

Also, a russian fellow recently dumped a new game, Master Fighter VI, which for now only works on a modified version of FCEUltra

princefarzan

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm still getting double image near bottom of the screen for nesDS(v0.53b) please fix it, if it matters I'm running it on a DSTWO w/ latest firmware/EOS and on a 3DS w/ latest updates. Here are some pics of it(ignore time stamp never bothered to set date up):

Edit: Updated to latest version of nesDS(v0.54a) and the problem still is there, but if you close the 3/DS and open it back up the problem goes away. Still would be better if it wasn't there to begin with.

Sir_Voe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
princefarzan said:
I'm still getting double image near bottom of the screen for nesDS(v0.53b) please fix it, if it matters I'm running it on a DSTWO w/ latest firmware/EOS and on a 3DS w/ latest updates. Here are some pics of it(ignore time stamp never bothered to set date up):

Any reason you're not using the latest (054a)?

princefarzan

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sir_Voe said:
princefarzan said:

Any reason you're not using the latest (054a)?
Read edit.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao that sold out fast