Hacking UPDATED: M3DS Real with 6GB Micro SDHC Card

OzModChips

Trophies
XP
Country
Are the problems also with the 8GB SDHC or just the 6GB for some strange reason?

SPAM etc.

Why is it that every time I see a post on this forum, or any other forum, you have link SPAM in there.
We know what the M3 real is, we don't need a link to your website every time you mention it!
We all know how google works, but if you don't have anything to contribute, then try and get a higher ranking by redoing your website, no pointless posts of a forum.

Just stick the shit in your sig and leave it as that.

bullitbaby

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use an 8GB microsd. Simply create sub directories under NDS directory (I call mine 1, 2) and put a maximum of 127 roms in each. Don't bother putting any roms in NDS itself. Then select one of the sub directories as the active one, using little folder icon, bottom left on the selection screen.Â

Krell

So the question for this reader whose about to purchase a DS real and 8gb SDHC is:

Using this little folder icon bottom left - does it solve the problem listed above of by Krell:

1. Unlike loading the game normally, you will not be able to set any pre-game options (soft reset) or cheats - it will simply go straight into the game.

I reality - who wants 127 games in a single folder anyway - but no way to set pre-game options or cheats would suck since I enjoy cheats after my boredom overcomes me in most games.

Here's a great question.

If setting cheats or pregame options is the main problem using this alternative method - has anyone tried loading some games onto their 8gb micro-sd chip using the M3 GameManager. I know it sounds insane since drag=n=drop came along - but for anyone who suffered the desire to load a cheat - the GM would set the cheat file like the old days. naturally the GM doesn't understand the SLOWMO option so that wouldn't work either and now I'm just babbling.

Without a working DS REal - this may be an insane suggestion but I use GM on my MiniSD all the time so it crossed my mind.

It just wasn't clear to me if using this "little folder icon bottom left" really solved the problem regarding pregame options and cheats or for now if thats forfeit.

thanks for all the great info so far.

Krell999

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yep, as long as you obey the 127 roms per sub directory rule, then all you do is use the little folder selection icon (bottom left) to select whichever sub dir your games list shows. Once you select a game you get to select cheats, pre-game options etc. It works around yours (and my previous) concerns.

I already use an 8Gb MicroSD, so I know it works fine.

I've never bothered with GM, although I do use a application I've personally written for sorting roms so they appear alphabetically on the DS (even if they have rom number prefix) and auto chunking them into 127 rom sub dirs. If there is enough interest I might release it soon, but it needs tidying up a bit.

Krell

funem

Retro Powered..
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yep, as long as you obey the 127 roms per sub directory rule, then all you do is use the little folder selection icon (bottom left) to select whichever sub dir your games list shows.  Once you select a game you get to select cheats, pre-game options etc.  It works around yours (and my previous) concerns.

I already use an 8Gb MicroSD, so I know it works fine.

I've never bothered with GM, although I do use a application I've personally written for sorting roms so they appear alphabetically on the DS (even if they have rom number prefix) and auto chunking them into 127 rom sub dirs.  If there is enough interest I might release it soon, but it needs tidying up a bit.

Krell

Or just use the method for alpha sorting the roms I posted here it works fine - Sorting Roms it wors for all fat types and works for XP ( not tried on Vista ) the number of times this has been asked how to do, I would think it may be worth making that post a sticky ( hint hint ) at least till M3 make A-Z the default sort order

Krell999

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Or just use the method for alpha sorting the roms I posted here it works fine - Sorting Roms it wors for all fat types and works for XP ( not tried on Vista ) the number of times this has been asked how to do, I would think it may be worth making that post a sticky ( hint hint ) at least till M3 make A-Z the default sort order

Funem, I think you missed my point. Like my app, does it alpha-sort accounting for rom number prefixes and auto-chunking 127 roms per sub dir?

e.g. Mine can sort like this.....

1234 - A Rom Name (EU).nds
0824 - Be A Good Rom (EU).nds
Cx is this Rom (EU).nds
1225 - Da Next Rom (US).nds

I think perhaps not
wink.gif

Krell

funem

Retro Powered..
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Or just use the method for alpha sorting the roms I posted here it works fine - Sorting Roms it wors for all fat types and works for XP ( not tried on Vista )  the number of times this has been asked how to do, I would think it may be worth making that post a sticky  ( hint hint ) at least till M3 make A-Z the default sort order

Funem, I think you missed my point. Like my app, does it alpha-sort accounting for rom number prefixes and auto-chunking 127 roms per sub dir?

e.g. Mine can sort like this.....

1234 - A Rom Name (EU).nds
0824 - Be A Good Rom (EU).nds
Cx is this Rom (EU).nds
1225 - Da Next Rom (US).nds

I think perhaps not
wink.gif

Krell

Cool, quick question... does your program sort the fat on the card or copy the files off and ack on again... ? just out of interest....

No it doesent accont for the naming with number prefixes, from what I have seen most people seem to drop the rom number from the start of the file name and sort by the game name itself, I know I do as when there is limited amount of characters on the line I prefer to see ths name of the game rather than the rom number first....

CZroe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hit said:
Cars is formatted to FAT32. Maybe the long file names are the problem.
LMAO

Cars is fucking game, you need to format the MicroSD to FAT32
Are you stupid you can't even format a game to fat32
And try using more then one folder try using like one folder per 10 games
It's a typo for "card," you idiot. That's four sentences with no periods or question marks and yet you are calling him "stupid?" Is this some kind of joke that I just don't get? You made five times as many mistakes in your reply where you finger someone for a single mistake.

chaotic_geo

Trophies
Website
thegamingforum.org
XP
Country
Lol dudes.

I have an M3DS Real-CP2 (3.1 Firmware) with a SanDisk 4GB microSDHC card. Sometimes on games like AC:WW and MP:H I experience slowdown, well comparing to my original DS games they play about 0.5 secs slower on such things as menus etc.

Which is a better file system; FAT or FAT32?

Anything else I can do to speed up?

Hidekiadam

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.pokenet.co.uk
XP
Country
Hihi
CZroe said:
It's a typo for "card," you idiot. That's four sentences with no periods or question marks and yet you are calling him "stupid?" Is this some kind of joke that I just don't get? You made five times as many mistakes in your reply where you finger someone for a single mistake.
Wow, are you sure that post was quite old and stale enough for you?

Perhaps you can google along to some early usenet posts from the 80s and correct those too

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/9seCZUSS8zE?si=xMNkLYWrWl6kDH44