Very RARE Switch Lite MicroSD 1bit speed problem

banemitic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Hello. Sorry about longer message, please read if you can... at least last part.

I just installed RP2040 (the one with prepared to solder on points, without wires) on my Switch Lite. Everything seems to be alright regarding that. But when I first entered Hekate I received message "Your SD Card is initialized in 1-bit mode! This might mean detached or broken connector!"

First I thought some soldering make this problem, but when I think about that more, I am pretty sure MicroSD slot was slow before chip. I bought used Switch lite, but it was in immerse condition. Inside was like new, too. I was using Lite with demos from Shop for a few days, default location was MicroSD and was very slow, but system doesn't have any notification about that like Hekate.

Tinfoil installation shows speed around 6.5 MB/s MAX. Games and emuMMC are loading slower than 100% good Switch. If you use sysMMC and install on internal storage, everything is normal. With emuMMC gameplay seems normal, "only" slow loading and installation.

I personally don't mind Switch like this, but I if MicroSD fails completely that means not useful chip anymore.

I have to admit MicroSD slot seems little funky, but I cleaned and measured as much as possible and seems problems is somewhere on motherboard, not on slot. I also refreshed outside solder points... a little bit.

- Tried multiple MicroSD cards with different speeds and capacity. None of this cards gives error in 100% good Switch
- There is almost no results when I search this problems
- There is only few results with totally broken MicroSD on LITE - every result is about V1 and V2 Switch
- Do you have some schematics or where should I trace points from slot to... nor sure where?
- There is no MicroSD slot as spare part for Lite or any video about replacing it (well, it is like replacing any other chip, but as I sad, slot looks good to me, I am not going to plan change in it until I check the board)
- MicroSD pins 1, 2 (two on the right looking and board), and 8 are the difference between 1bit and 4bit mode. Any ideas?

Last edited by banemitic,

banemitic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
OMG, this was very clumsy. Solder drop was hidden behind part of the chip flex used to screw it down. Not event soldered to MicroSD points, just pressed down by screws from heatsink and speaker. Shorting pads for 1 and 2 pins, resulting enough other pins for 1bit mode and working slot in general, but with slow speeds.

I was checking shorts between pins and ground, but not so much between them. Pins 1, 2 and 3 were (partially) shorted between. Chip was screwed down all the time and that was I missed obvious solder drop.

tempImageczrNZg.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto