Switch laggy while docked

nodnyl10

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello,

I have a problem with my Switch V1. I am able to use the Switch Atmosphere CFW games and such without problem while in Handheld Mode. I can play games with perfect speed and such. The problem shows up when I dock my Switch. When Docked, it is slow. Loading the rest of the games in the Software List, going to Album and loading the saved images / videos, and even watching the video I recorded is super slow, like it's underclocked or something.

At first, I thought it is a problem with my dock only, so I tried another dock (thankfully my brother have another Switch). But alas, the same problem occurs with a different dock. I tried everything I can from my end. I updated Atmosphere, updated the firmware, and I even bought a new micro SD card to see if it's maybe a SD card failure, but still the same thing. I also tried to use another set of TV but no luck there. I wanted to check if it's going to be the same problem if I boot into OFW, but I cannot do so because when I bought the Switch V1, it was already like that to begin with. The bloke who sold me the Switch seems to have f up the OFW, so everything I will try to power on the Switch without the SD card, it's just a blank screen (unlike my brother's Switch where he can still access the OFW).

My Switch firmware as shown in System Information is = 16.1.0|AMS 1.5.5|E

I have attached some sample videos of the problem. Below are recorded videos of DBFZ and Album Loading, both shown in Handheld Mode and Docked Mode.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• Docked Mode 1.mp4
    33.7 MB
  • Docked Mode 2.mp4
    22.9 MB
  • Handheld Mode 1.mp4
    14.4 MB
  • Handheld Mode 2.mp4
    32.5 MB

nodnyl10

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Since you are using an emunand, file based or partition based emunand?

I am not sure, sorry. But I believe it's partition based. Because whenever I insert my SD card to a PC, there's the partition thingy that the PC can't read or something.

nodnyl10

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
using FTP or MTP please show us a copy of the file SD:/emuMMC/emummc.ini

also look if you have sys-clock module installed and active.

Well, here is what it says. Also, no I don't think I have sys-clock module installed. I made sure to check as well just in case and I didn't find anything resembling of any sys-clock.

[emummc]
enabled=1
sector=0xb144000
path=emuMMC/RAW1
id=0x0000
nintendo_path=emuMMC/RAW1/Nintendo

nodnyl10

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
He meant you have a partition base emunand, generally partition based is faster than file based.
Thank you for explaining. So that means, my problem isn't because of the partition thingy.

I can still play the Switch fine on handheld mode, but of course, playing on Dock mode is something I mostly do. I just don't know what happened to it, I was just playing it the other night and then next morning, BAM! the problem occurred.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for explaining. So that means, my problem isn't because of the partition thingy.

I can still play the Switch fine on handheld mode, but of course, playing on Dock mode is something I mostly do. I just don't know what happened to it, I was just playing it the other night and then next morning, BAM! the problem occurred.

You connecting directly to the TV HDMI or you going through a splitter?

nodnyl10

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
You connecting directly to the TV HDMI or you going through a splitter?
Directly to the TV. That kinda setup has always been like that. I tried to test out my Switch to my brother's Dock on my TV, still the same problem. I did the same for my own Dock on his TV and I got the same results.

When I tried to use my dock and his dock to my TV using his own Switch, everything is fine in Dock Mode. Just my Switch have that problem sadly

nodnyl10

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Can you boot into Sysnand CFW?
I don't think I can. I tried, but maybe I'm doing it wrong. Can you let me know how? I do know how to see it in Hekate, but after that, it just keeps rebooting to payload / hekate. Maybe I really am doing it wrong
Post automatically merged:

Sorry, but can anyone help?

Last edited by nodnyl10,

Topekuzu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
have you recently tried overclocking? the app has a handheld and a docked mode setting. you might've underclocked the docked mode setting.

EchoStorm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it very well could be a corruption from the (known) corrupted stock image. Might want to consider saving and backing up your prod.keys / nand / etc. and getting stock back up and running, and then see if you still have the problem with a fresh version of hats or personal rebuild. Weird things can happen.

Reactions: anon730

SonyUSA

We're all mad here
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
have you recently tried overclocking? the app has a handheld and a docked mode setting. you might've underclocked the docked mode setting.

This is my guess.

Sometimes when I wake my chipped Erista after a very long deep sleep, it goes Pentium II slow until I reboot it completely, but doesn't sound like you're having that issue.

twinch11

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I had this problem as well. Everything worked perfectly when docked after I removed all custom themes. I had to uninstall everything theme related.

• Love
Reactions: impeeza

nodnyl10

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I haven't tried this because the Switch didn't have any overclocking feature / mod installed on my end. I was just playing it normally as it is. What would you recommend to use for overclocking docked mode setting?

anon730

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it very well could be a corruption from the (known) corrupted stock image. Might want to consider saving and backing up your prod.keys / nand / etc. and getting stock back up and running, and then see if you still have the problem with a fresh version of hats or personal rebuild. Weird things can happen.
I'm thinking that your emunand is corrupt as well. Probably a exfat formated partition gone bad. My v1 acted similarly as well as having problems reading and writing onto the sd card on my pc. You need to format the sd card on your PC to Fat32. There is a program on here to do that. I didn't know better when I first modded, and had used exfat which over the course of a year gradually got worse/flakey on me. Always use Fat32 on the switch is the moral of the story.

Reactions: impeeza

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto