Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Huh, from Kotaku:
[UPDATE: 2:30PM: We've contacted GameStop stores in New York and Los Angeles that say that customers can still pre-order Watch Dogs for Wii U, leading to the possibility that the cancellation order our retail source told us about was not applicable nationally. Joystiq reports that the Italian branch of GameStop told them that the de-listing of a Wii U version of the game was an error and that "tomorrow the reservation ofWatch Dogs will restart." We've not heard from GameStop U.S. yet, but will let you know if/when we do.]

http://kotaku.com/gamestop-is-canceling-watch-dogs-wii-u-pre-orders-this-1508273787

Reactions: T Link7

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
And you know the number of smartphone/tablet owners who also happen to own a ps3, ps4, 360, or xb1 greatly out numbers the amount of wii u owners
Besides the gamepad part is a gimmick

There's plenty of console gamers who don't own a tablet but perhaps a smartphone.

I don't own either because I don't like touchpad, unless it's usable with a stylus pen. I had an iPhone and hated it.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Did you even read his post?
I misread it. I thought he said cancelling the game has been a good thing. I've not been concentrating as well these days due to a loss in the family.

emigre . Now that I understand your post I get your point. I like my Wii U, but it wasn't a very good investment.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The hardware isn't "bad", either. Sure, it's not powerful, but it's a step up from their previous console. I'm pretty happy with the Wii U hardware, I don't understand why people need everything to be bleeding edge.

Because being a graphics whore is a prereq for being a true gamer /sarcasm :rolleyes: Bleeding edge hardware be damned. Anyone who defends Nintendo for having weaker hardware is labeled as a troll.

Reactions: tbgtbg and McHaggis

Vengenceonu

Revenge is beneath me but accidents do happen.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kotaku.com said:
[UPDATE 2, 2:58PM:] Good news, everyone! GameStop Italy and our U.S.-based source have both said that this was all a glitch in the system and that Watch Dogs is—or will soon be—available for pre-order for Wii U again in Italy and the U.S. Apologies for making everyone nervous about this and for not getting that all sorted prior to publishing the first time.
Crisis averted... now back to your mundane lives.

Mario92

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Finland
That's pretty big title so I wouldn't even consider Wii U or any other console version of it as there's PC version in make and they have stated many times that's their primary platform.

drgnslayers

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Strangely, its Canadian division, EB Games, does take pre-orders for the Wii U version but does not come with any exclusive bonuses nor a limited edition. You can have the Exclusive Palace DLC on the other consoles (PS3, PS4, XBOX 360, XBOX ONE) and the PC version if you pre-order from EB Games. They even sell a limited version that can be bought on all versions but the PC and the Wii U.

Rob Blou

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This year is gonna be amazing for Wii U ... Mario Kart 8, Smash Bros, Bayonetta 2, X, Shin megami X Fire Emblem, Donkey Kong, Yarn Yoshi and possibly the new zelda and Dragon Quest X. These are all exclusives, it just sucks that 3rd parties are all leaving the ship. It's by far my fav console atm. I use the gamepad everyday when my wife is asleep ... the web browser is great, the feel of the controller is great and the image quality on the gamepad is better than the quality of airplay on vita and PS4. I love Miiverse and even TVii (to my own surprise). Hopefully Nintendo will do the same thing they did with the 3ds and save it by releasing tons of amazing games!! There's also a lot of indie games coming out on the Wii U .. Nintendo is a bit late on the indie side :S

jadawin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Wii u is the only true Next Gen system out there in terms of innovation, with the smartest gamepad as well. Getting one is the only way I can play the Nintendo exclusives (even the remade ones) that I cannot find anywhere else. As for the PS4 and Xbox1, the majority of their games can be played on a PC.
So, for me there is only one value for money way:
Get a WiiU and a good PC (everyone has a pc)
and a 3DS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sorry I sat on them when they were open
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    eeewww
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I thought it was the toilet
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    okies. Time to go watch YT paranormal ghost things. L8er my luvs :D
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got a massive clue
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    this mf def ain't watching ghost shit, he boutta beat his meat fr
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah he's about to be the ghost in your bedroom
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, and leave ectoplasm all over the place
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:

this is him being described
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I dislike the kind of drm where you have to play single player games online all the time bc of some verification bs
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Don't use games that have Easy Anti-Cheat as its been exploited many times.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, my PC can't run most AAA games so i wont
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Most of the modern AAA games
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I also heard one of the Prince of Persia games was so unfinished that it required the "24/7 online" drm so a puzzle could be done and the game could be finished. And that when the Ubisoft servers were closed the (cracked) game was impossible to finish or something like that
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, That's extra scummy. Ubisoft nowadays ship out incomplete games like Skull and Bones which was being worked on for nearly a decade now.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, i think they have been doing that since late 2000s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Either that or their old games were unfinished aswell but we can't notice it
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I like that games can be fixed after the fact, hate that it's being abused via beta tests... And DLC... I was a 7800 owner back in the day and loved Impossible Mission, turns out I couldn't beat it because it was actually impossible lol
    I never knew about it at the time but a fixed version was available but you had to mail in your broken copy lol
    So that version is semi rare
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: So that version is semi rare