[UPDATE] Japan to get remastered version of 'Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles' for PS4 and Switch

sony tgs.JPG

The Nintendo Gamecube's action RPG Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles will be remastered for the PS4, Sony announced today during its PlayStation LineUp Tour. The remastered version will hit Japan in 2019 with a global multiplayer mode.

There was however no mention of an international release. Would you like to see this game getting localized?

[UPDATE]

While the announcement came from a Playstation event, the game wasn't necessarily destined to be a PS4-exclusive. Indeed, the official Final Fantasy twitter account tweeted the following just a few minutes ago:

Nintendo Switch owners, rejoice! Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Remastered Edition will also land on your device! And since the video tweeted features English subtitles and is said to still be in development, we can expect a Western localization.

:arrow: PlayStation LineUp Tour YouTube stream

Last edited by Prans,

Cygen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
First I was like: Yay... then I realized that this was just the GameCube Game. Dont get me wrong, the game was kinda cool for its time and even fun to play alone (and creating characters just to fill your settlement). But after all this Time I feel they should have made a Compilation of this Game, the 2 DS Games and maybe the Wiiware Titles, The one where you Build a Town and send out People (My Life as King afair) and the One where you have this weird Tower Defense Like setup inside a Tower and Play the Evil side.(My Life as a Dark Lord afair)
Cause, lets be fair, the Base FF-CC game was rather short and repetetive. (And if I remember correctly you had to make offline notes on paper of every minor Event in the game to have a Chance to even beat the true Final Boss.)

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@VinsCool

Dude it is on!!!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Take all my money!
Unexpected hype and interest.
Perhaps it means I could find three virtual "friends" to play this game with.
Well, shall we organize parties of four to play this in online co-op here on GBATemp?
(perhaps an addition to GBATemp Twitch channel?)

Windaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am beyond excited. FF:CC for the GC is one of my favorite games of all time. I am SO happy this is happening!

For those concerned about the chalice carrying - FF CC Echoes had this mechanic where each character had a chalice "necklace" so no one person had to carry the chalice. Hopefully they implement something like that.

Edit
Or maybe not. Just saw the trailer. Who knows. I'm just super excited.

Last edited by Windaga,
Reactions: Pluupy

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’ll probably get the ps4 version. I would have consider the switch version, but without proper voice chat, most multiplayer games are a pass

Enlapse

Trophies
XP
Country
Basically you wouldn't buy the game if it turns out to be a singleplayer only game?Good thing they announced it will have global multiplayer, whatever that means. I find it hard to believe that Square would reduce this game to a single player experience when seemingly the whole point of the series is the multiplayer aspect, but you never know..

What I tried to say is that it is obviously a game where playing with friends is a lot more fun, and as fas as I know, which is not much about this game, some places are unfairly difficult if you are solo (because were designed to be played with friends).

To be honest, a really story-driven game is perfect to be played solo, but co-operative games are usually funnier (Borderlands, for example). It actually depends on the game, but if I can play co-operatively with a friend, it is a plus (specially if it's in local).

Good luck, its a war out there

Oh god dont tease me. I still play FFTA2 on my phone using DraStic. 10 years later and I still haven't finished it. But I will. You'll see. You'll ALL SEE

Let's be honest: If you don't like isometric turn-based games, FFT is meh, but if you do, it's a brilliant saga which in my opinion could be making a lot of money if it's well done (due to it's competitive possibilities). :P 1v1 with 6 characters with changeable classes of course, and the possibility of a balancing system with new classes or characters (without DLC's, please, don't be a [...]) being added with the time. More or less like LoL's releases or Clash Royale's. I am not sure if I am asking something exagerated, but I would buy that game day 0 (and it's been a couple of years since I did that). :P

Last edited by Enlapse,
Reactions: Zense

Enryx25

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I’ll probably get the ps4 version. I would have consider the switch version, but without proper voice chat, most multiplayer games are a pass
The game might have voice chat.
Only Nintendo games don't have it. (Fortnite has native voice chat built in)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, everything almost double nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    But I could go to Aldis and get a cookie pie for like $4
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or use your new cooking pan and make some, don't mind the Old leftover foods mixed in.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just eat plain flour around cops
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    thats Gluten abuse, they would shoot you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends on the color chart
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wheat flour has a lower chance at survival
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Isn't wheat flour the whitest of the white?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Rye would get shot at sight.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends
    img_5941-1.jpeg
    everyone mixing their flour now days
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That's whole wheat, right? Because all purpose flour is also made from wheat.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm not a flour expert I just snort it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There also is black rice flour, and its really black colored
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Bruh that's gray.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's ancientboi color
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    You need to add some activated charcoal.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've seen some that are dark dark, my wifey uses it sometimes in her bs recipes
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Cool.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Seems like your wifey likes hers black. :creep:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "BS" stands for "Bowel Scraping" because that's what whole grain does.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been eating honey wheat bread scrumptious
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    https://a.co/d/9xDkOHc lol living on the edge
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/9xDkOHc lol living on the edge