Square Enix confirms Final Fantasy Pixel Remaster port for PS4 and Switch

jujkjkjl.png

Retailer leaks hinted at the possibility of Square Enix bringing the Final Fantasy Pixel Remaster series to consoles, and now those reports have been confirmed. In Spring 2023, the first six Final Fantasy games as part of the Pixel Remaster collection, will be ported to both the Nintendo Switch and PlayStation 4. These games will be available as either individual downloads, or as part of a full set, with a limited physical edition on the way as well, consisting of figurines, a vinyl, an artbook, and more.

:arrow: Source

sroemr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there was a reason for advance wars lol the ukrain-russia war just started, so nintendo didnt want to advertise or release a game called advance warsin less than 2 months lol

While you may not agree with the reason, it was their reason, the game will probably be on hold until the war passes, if the war never ends, then the game will probably be cancelled imo.

Right, and it was finished before that but held for release. Then the war began. Which circles back around to my original point, which is why I mentioned Advance Wars...

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Right, and it was finished before that but held for release. Then the war began. Which circles back around to my original point, which is why I mentioned Advance Wars...
maybe but the release date was April and the war started in February so yeah the game was probably mostly done but maybe they had time to not make day one patches now lol, im guessing the game is more than finished now just waiting for an opportune moment in the future.

sroemr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
maybe but the release date was April and the war started in February so yeah the game was probably mostly done but maybe they had time to not make day one patches now lol, im guessing the game is more than finished now just waiting for an opportune moment in the future.
Someone was able to buy, and download, the complete game before it was postponed.

It's been finished, they just sit on it for some stupid release window in the future. Which is what I was complaining about here. There's no way these ports took long to migrate to Switch and PS4, so delaying it's release for months just because is maddening.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan

Retailer leaks hinted at the possibility of Square Enix bringing the Final Fantasy Pixel Remaster series to consoles, and now those reports have been confirmed. In Spring 2023, the first six Final Fantasy games as part of the Pixel Remaster collection, will be ported to both the Nintendo Switch and PlayStation 4. These games will be available as either individual downloads, or as part of a full set, with a limited physical edition on the way as well, consisting of figurines, a vinyl, an artbook, and more.

:arrow: Source

Been waiting for this for a while. I didn't want to buy all of them, just my favorites, but to have them all on a switch cartridge is tempting...

Only wish that they had the extra features that the other re-releases had.

Oh well, the soundtracks should be nice.

JK_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh well, the soundtracks should be nice.
Given that they look like picture discs, I don't think they're gonna be worth it if you're talking about the vinyl the extra special one comes with. I bought the FF7 one on sale a few years ago and it's neat, but sounds pretty bad.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Given that they look like picture discs, I don't think they're gonna be worth it if you're talking about the vinyl the extra special one comes with. I bought the FF7 one on sale a few years ago and it's neat, but sounds pretty bad.
Oh no, the in-game soundtracks are all I am interested in. I don't care about vinyls. If I pay for the game, it's only going to be for the standalone cart. The "collectors" items will just be a waste of space.

Kraken_X

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are these pixel remasters a good way to play the original games? Being on PS4 is pretty damn convenient for me.
It is the best version of FF3. The others are good, but the extra content and high resolution sprites in the PSP versions of FF1, FF2 and especially FF4 make them better. FF4 PSP in particular contains almost two extra games in content between interlude, the extra dungeon in the base game and the After Years.

Still, the pixel remaster versions are excellent, so if you don't feel like getting or emulating a PSP they are probably the best way to experience them.

Aserl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Plot twist: The Xbox One version was actually in development but it was canceled because the Xbox One fucking sucks and no one plays on it! /joke
OG Xbox and the 360 are good systems but the Xbox One is just trash because all of its games are either shit or really good but available elsewhere.

xdarkx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I find it strange for Square Enix to release the collection out only on Steam and mobiles initially.

Also, I heard the shipping cost is like 25 USD if you order it from Square Enix site!?

Reactions: godreborn and Aserl

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I admit that I bought FF6 multiple times. It's a wishing well for a proper remake. No way I'm buying the ffpixel ROM. If it dramatically reduces in price, I may.

Reactions: godreborn

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto