Square Enix confirms Final Fantasy Pixel Remaster port for PS4 and Switch

jujkjkjl.png

Retailer leaks hinted at the possibility of Square Enix bringing the Final Fantasy Pixel Remaster series to consoles, and now those reports have been confirmed. In Spring 2023, the first six Final Fantasy games as part of the Pixel Remaster collection, will be ported to both the Nintendo Switch and PlayStation 4. These games will be available as either individual downloads, or as part of a full set, with a limited physical edition on the way as well, consisting of figurines, a vinyl, an artbook, and more.

:arrow: Source

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
unfortunately, I already bought these games for steam on sale. seems kinda steep at $75 for old games. sure, they're great games, but I'm just not sure if I should rebuy them. I mean the reason I bought them in the first place was due to thinking they would be steam only.

Kraken_X

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why Square Enix always do this type of thing? There's people with Xbox's waiting to play this remasters and propably will never see into their plataform or if some day will be way after does who are in Playstation eco system. Heck this time even Nintendo Switch will receive before Xbox. How much money Sony pay for Square Enix do this things? And they keep crying about ABK deal. :rofl::rofl:
If I was a publisher like Square Enix or Capcom, I'd be wary of Microsoft too. Yes, Sony and Nintendo develop and publish first party games too, but if the merger with Activsion goes through, Microsoft would be the largest traditional games publisher and would be in very direct competition with the smaller publishers. It just makes sense not to intentionally feed that beast.

Been waiting for this for so long but why spring. Also can't believe they never fixed the fonts hoping there is a workaround for switch.

Thanks for reminding me to stick with the PC version. The default fonts are soooo bad. On PC it's a simple fix, barely an inconvenience, but on an unmodded Switch or PS4, it would be a showstopper.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what a load of shit. square-enix decided to put the retail games on sale at midnight last night. no idea which timezone, but it's now sold out for retail. I had them put me on their wish list, of which, I received no email.

sroemr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hate when companies just sit on finished products strictly to release them at a later date. Especially when it's a week before Christmas. What?

Hopefully it doesn't keep getting pushed back, much like the Advance Wars remake that was finished but pushed back for no reason, and now isn't being released anytime soon.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hate when companies just sit on finished products strictly to release them at a later date. Especially when it's a week before Christmas. What?

Hopefully it doesn't keep getting pushed back, much like the Advance Wars remake that was finished but pushed back for no reason, and now isn't being released anytime soon.
there was a reason for advance wars lol the ukrain-russia war just started, so nintendo didnt want to advertise or release a game called advance warsin less than 2 months lol

While you may not agree with the reason, it was their reason, the game will probably be on hold until the war passes, if the war never ends, then the game will probably be cancelled imo.

tmnr1992

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn, I was looking forward to getting the physical edition but it's already sold out. Why do they do this? I mean it sold out in less than a day, so clearly there's money to be made from selling even more copies.

Reactions: godreborn

xoINARIox

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

TheTrueDream42

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been waiting for this for so long but why spring. Also can't believe they never fixed the fonts hoping there is a workaround for switch.

there was a reason for advance wars lol the ukrain-russia war just started, so nintendo didnt want to advertise or release a game called advance warsin less than 2 months lol

While you may not agree with the reason, it was their reason, the game will probably be on hold until the war passes, if the war never ends, then the game will probably be cancelled imo.
Apparently the fonts will be changed for the Switch/PS4 versions: https://www.thegamer.com/final-fantasy-pixel-remaster-font-change-playstation-switch/
Post automatically merged:

If I was a publisher like Square Enix or Capcom, I'd be wary of Microsoft too. Yes, Sony and Nintendo develop and publish first party games too, but if the merger with Activsion goes through, Microsoft would be the largest traditional games publisher and would be in very direct competition with the smaller publishers. It just makes sense not to intentionally feed that beast.

Thanks for reminding me to stick with the PC version. The default fonts are soooo bad. On PC it's a simple fix, barely an inconvenience, but on an unmodded Switch or PS4, it would be a showstopper.
I quoted the wrong person above, I meant to quote this post.

tmnr1992

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, that's a bit too much for me. Even if I could I don't think I would pay more than 100 dollars for a game, even if it comes bundled with a bunch of figurines.
it's actually over $100 with tax and shipping ($24 just for that). wtf square-enix. total ripoff.

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RIP Xbox, lol. At least Xbox can run Retroarch to get the same experience, and probably get more content, depending on which version you emulate. It's pretty funny how Square didn't take an hour to port this to Xbox.

MariArch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I played the first 5 of these. Missed out on playing 6 because they delayed it by a couple months so I just played the snes jp version. Can’t give a good metric on that one. But overall, Really good remakes. Ff2 has some good qol, but there is some missing content in a lot of these compared to their gba/psp counterparts. It’s a strange amalgamation of the og and qol, no bonus content besides ‘pokedex’ and stuff of the sort. Give it a shot if you’ve never played og Final Fantasy

ZeroFX

why?
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Why Square Enix always do this type of thing? There's people with Xbox's waiting to play this remasters and propably will never see into their plataform or if some day will be way after does who are in Playstation eco system. Heck this time even Nintendo Switch will receive before Xbox. How much money Sony pay for Square Enix do this things? And they keep crying about ABK deal. :rofl::rofl:
Doesn't Microsoft always (wrongly) say that pc = Xbox? If so then it is on Xbox already LMAO. Go complain with MS.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doesn't Microsoft always (wrongly) say that pc = Xbox? If so then it is on Xbox already LMAO. Go complain with MS.
it's supposed to be a modified windows 10 environment with dlls and such, but the ps5 and I think 4 use dll.sprx to encrypt them. not sure what microsoft does, because they're just normal dll files. I kinda snooped around via ftp on the series x.

Reactions: ZeroFX

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto