Square Enix confirms Final Fantasy Pixel Remaster port for PS4 and Switch

jujkjkjl.png

Retailer leaks hinted at the possibility of Square Enix bringing the Final Fantasy Pixel Remaster series to consoles, and now those reports have been confirmed. In Spring 2023, the first six Final Fantasy games as part of the Pixel Remaster collection, will be ported to both the Nintendo Switch and PlayStation 4. These games will be available as either individual downloads, or as part of a full set, with a limited physical edition on the way as well, consisting of figurines, a vinyl, an artbook, and more.

:arrow: Source

PressToStart

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Why Square Enix always do this type of thing? There's people with Xbox's waiting to play this remasters and propably will never see into their plataform or if some day will be way after does who are in Playstation eco system. Heck this time even Nintendo Switch will receive before Xbox. How much money Sony pay for Square Enix do this things? And they keep crying about ABK deal. :rofl::rofl:

Reploid

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Why Square Enix always do this type of thing? There's people with Xbox's waiting to play this remasters and propably will never see into their plataform or if some day will be way after does who are in Playstation eco system. Heck this time even Nintendo Switch will receive before Xbox. How much money Sony pays for Square Enix do this things? And the keep crying about ABK deal. :rofl::rofl:
Prolly marketing team says that xbox users don't care for weeaboo games. Not only SE does that.

NumberXIIIEdwin

Jack In! MegaMan, Execute!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow! A physical edition that I would love to add to my collection aaaaand it’s gone! Huh. I know they said it was limited, but this is ridiculous. Went up by surprise and sold out within the span of a few hours while I was asleep. Ah well, so it goes.

Also, $74.99? Seems a bit steep if you ask me.
Edit: the full bundle on Steam is the same price, so fair enough I suppose.

Last edited by NumberXIIIEdwin,
Reactions: StrayGuitarist

xoINARIox

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Just had a look at the eu store.....the collectors version can be pre-ordered for £244.99........typical square enix...they just want that much money for a sleeve, artbook, cardboard box, two vinyls (which nobody uses anyway) and a few figures (probably the only useful collector's thing in the edition)

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why Square Enix always do this type of thing? There's people with Xbox's waiting to play this remasters and propably will never see into their plataform or if some day will be way after does who are in Playstation eco system. Heck this time even Nintendo Switch will receive before Xbox. How much money Sony pay for Square Enix do this things? And they keep crying about ABK deal. :rofl::rofl:
It's not just Square, for some reason Capcom is putting the Mega Man Battle Network Collection on Switch and Playstation, but have nothing planned for Xbox. These aren't intensive games, the Switch can easily handle them, why they choose to skip Xbox entirely is genuinely curious. I mean it makes no difference to me, I would get such a game for the Switch no matter what, but I'm sure there are Xbox owners out there confused as to why their system is being passed over for such titles.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hoping for a next-gen graphical upgrade on those big chunky pixels?
Yeah, what would be the point of a separate PS5 release when every PS4 game runs without issue on PS5? Marginally faster load times? These aren't big intensive games, load times should be quick regardless.

I suppose it is odd to think that with games like this, it will always make sense to release the Playstation version as just a PS4 game. But that begs the question, are we going to get to the PS6, and there will still be viable releases as just PS4 titles? Kinda weird to think about.

Reactions: Kraken_X

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
not just square many jap games never reach xbox, im guessing its due to xbox almost none existance presence in japan that they dont care much for it tbh. they manly make their games to jap users so they port to the most used jap used consoles, and if they get sales overseas with the same ports more profit.

Maximumbeans

3DS is love, 3DS is life
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just had a look at the eu store.....the collectors version can be pre-ordered for £244.99........typical square enix...they just want that much money for a sleeve, artbook, cardboard box, two vinyls (which nobody uses anyway) and a few figures (probably the only useful collector's thing in the edition)
Cor BLIMEY that’s certainly a price 😬 I was intrigued but no bloody thank you. Imagine when the scalpers start trying to flip it.

• Sad
Reactions: PopcornSweetie

Ericzander

GBAtemp's residential attorney
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
And with this announcement, my plan is officially underway. I want to be the first person to get the platinum trophy for every numbered Final Fantasy game in a row.** I thru XVX, including X-2 and the XIII trilogy.

I was already planning to do that starting with VII but when I was about a day away from completing it the ESRB leaked that these games were probably going to be announced soon. So, with only the final boss to go before getting the platinum, I held off on finishing VII and jumped right in to VIII.

Hopefully by the time the Pixel Remasters come out I will have made enough progress in all of the other titles that I will be able to double back and do the same thing for I thru VI. If all goes according to plan I want to set every game up so that I am one trophy away from platinuming each game so that I can pick a day and just unlock all of the platinums in a row.

The bottleneck of this plan would have been XIV (the MMO) because it takes 6 months in real life time to gather the 1,000 allowances to complete all of the levequests required for the PS4 platinum, but I accounted for this already since I started the free trial back in November and have been collecting the allowances already. As long as I keep consistent with logging in every 14 days or so to use them up I shouldn't have to worry about the 6 months since the Pixel Remasters aren't even coming out until May (tentatively) anyway.

So you heard it here first, folks. Your pal Ericzander is going to be the first to obtain all of the mainline FF platinum trophies in a row.

But nobody cares about any of that YAY I'M EXCITED FOR THIS COLLECTION, LET ME REVIEW IT!

**I'm obviously excluding XI from this adventure since it's a PC only MMO not available on PlayStation. I am also excluding VII Remake because it doesn't tell the full story of VII and I would rather play it and its sequels back to back when they're all released. I am of course playing the original VII.

pustal

Yeah! This is happenin'!
Trophies
Website
web.archive.org
XP
Country
Portugal
Hoping for a next-gen graphical upgrade on those big chunky pixels?

Plot twist: the next gen upgraded versions will look like the old Steam versions of the game 🤣

While they don't add at least the content the cut out from the old version, like extra dungeons and stuff I'll still prefer them over the PRs. I don't really care for their graphics either way. Old versions are edible to me and I'll die on the hill that simple "pixel art" is just being plain lazy.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto