[UPDATE] Japan to get remastered version of 'Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles' for PS4 and Switch

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Prans, Sep 10, 2018.

Front-page
    sony tgs.JPG

The Nintendo Gamecube's action RPG Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles will be remastered for the PS4, Sony announced today during its PlayStation LineUp Tour. The remastered version will hit Japan in 2019 with a global multiplayer mode.

There was however no mention of an international release. Would you like to see this game getting localized?

[UPDATE]

While the announcement came from a Playstation event, the game wasn't necessarily destined to be a PS4-exclusive. Indeed, the official Final Fantasy twitter account tweeted the following just a few minutes ago:

Nintendo Switch owners, rejoice! Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Remastered Edition will also land on your device! And since the video tweeted features English subtitles and is said to still be in development, we can expect a Western localization.

:arrow: PlayStation LineUp Tour YouTube stream

Discussion (50 replies)
  1. gameboy

gameboy GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Dec 9, 2015
    United States
    the whole, one person has the carry the miasma repellent with 4 separate gba was f*cking stupid

Last edited by gameboy, Sep 10, 2018
  2. sarkwalvein

sarkwalvein There's hope for a Xenosaga port.

GBAtemp Patron
    sarkwalvein is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 29, 2007
    Germany
    Niedersachsen
    Is the Somy's PS4 something alike the Songa's Megadrive?

(runs into his cave after bad typo joke)

damiano2712, kikongokiller and Prans like this.
  3. renes2

renes2 ~New World~

Mar 14, 2009
    Germany
    NRW
    If they bring Final Fantasy Crystal Chronikles: Echoes of time to PS4, I will buy the Shit out of it

4. Flirkyn

Flirkyn GBAtemp Regular

Aug 9, 2014
    France
    Fuck yeah ! I know that poeple usually don't really like that game, but personnaly I loved it and it was maybe my first Final Fantasy with Tactics Advance ! Can't wait for this remaster !:wub:

5. ut2k4master

ut2k4master Lord Tourettes

Feb 20, 2010
    Germany
    just thought about wanting to play this game again a few days ago <3

MeowMeowMeow likes this.
  6. Enryx25

Enryx25 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 25, 2016
    Italy
    This was probably in the Direct.

7. Youkai

Youkai Demon

Jul 1, 2004
    Germany
    Germany , NRW
    I am with Gameboy here .... I tried the game back then and it wasn't bad but carrying that stone was soooo annoying and didn't do any good for the gameplay and even for the story they could just have given each character some kind of pendant or whatever.

And I think this game is best if you play with 3 friends so if you don't have enough friends who can come over to play it is kind of boring.

Y0shII, gameboy and sarkwalvein like this.
  8. Issac

Issac I

Supervisor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Issac is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 10, 2004
    Sweden
    Sweden
    Yep, the PlayStation Direct is my favorite! xD

KingVamp and Prans like this.
  9. sarkwalvein

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Jun 29, 2007
    Germany
    Niedersachsen
    It's not so nice side the dismissal of Ken Kutaragi. That guy sure was charismatic, a joy to watch and a trainwreck.

10. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    United Kingdom
    I would say it felt a bit like a tech demo that got spun into a full game, one which did not consider normal modes of play for most people, like a lot of gamecube games come to think of it.

That said 4 player local cooperative co-op dungeon crawler with some modernised mechanics works for me.

11. Zense

Zense GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 20, 2008
    Italy
    So could anyone tell me what's the timestamp of the reveal on youtube? In case there's any gameplay footage.

12. RedoLane

RedoLane GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 16, 2016
    Israel
    brb, gonna find 3 new friends

Y0shII, KingVamp, Zense and 2 others like this.
  13. dimmidice

dimmidice GBAtemp Addict

Sep 12, 2009
    Belgium
    Oh god that horrible godawful game. Might've been fun with multiple players but i bought it hoping for something like 7,8,9 way back when and was so completely disappointed.

sarkwalvein likes this.
  14. Enlapse

Enlapse GBAtemp Regular

Dec 21, 2014
    Okay. Now the only thing that is left is to bring a new edition of FFT[A] with a proper progresive online battle system and I will go to bankrupt. I think I have never enjoyed a game as much as I did with FFTA. All I wanted was a proper online battle system... This is a good news, but I don't think I will buy it unless it has online co-op or 4 player local co-op.

15. sarkwalvein

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Jun 29, 2007
    Germany
    Niedersachsen
    That's hard. This mechanic of needing three physically available friends to enjoy a game didn't age very well (but did we?).
    I guess the "global multiplayer mode" means online instead of local co-op.
    Well there's hope. I guess some virtual friends from the friend list could fill up for physical ones.

16. seseiSeki

seseiSeki Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 26, 2016
    Germany
    A few months ago, I bought four GBA Gamecube Link-Cables and played this game with three other friends. I really liked how the menus and maps were handled, but the controls were really bad. I have no idea how they are going to replicate the second screen, but I sure hope, that they improve the controls.

Edit: Oh boy, Switch too. Neat.

Last edited by seseiSeki, Sep 10, 2018
  17. BORTZ

BORTZ Switch Dawg

Supervisor
    GBAtemp Patron
    BORTZ is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Dec 2, 2007
    United States
    Pittsburgh
    Good luck, its a war out there

Oh god dont tease me. I still play FFTA2 on my phone using DraStic. 10 years later and I still haven't finished it. But I will. You'll see. You'll ALL SEE

18. Zense

Zense GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 20, 2008
    Italy
    Basically you wouldn't buy the game if it turns out to be a singleplayer only game?Good thing they announced it will have global multiplayer, whatever that means. I find it hard to believe that Square would reduce this game to a single player experience when seemingly the whole point of the series is the multiplayer aspect, but you never know..

Last edited by Zense, Sep 10, 2018
  19. ut2k4master

ut2k4master Lord Tourettes

Feb 20, 2010
    Germany
    Zense likes this.