Hacking Update DSi necessary from 1.3U?

jay24k

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Picked up two DSi's and ordered two of the DSTWO flash carts. I haven't had much time to really mess with them but couldnt find much info on my question above.

Should I update to the latest firmware on the dsi since DSTWO from what I read works with it?

Is there anything I miss out on by not doing it that is worth it?

One last question. Was playing DQ9 on the emulator on my laptop. I should be able to just copy the nds file over once I get the card and my save should be on it still correct?

Thanks in advance and hopefully these weren't questions that are asked a million times.
smile.gif

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There's no real need to update unless you wish to access the DSi Shop.

You have the DSTWOs already? Make sure that they are updated to work with 1.4.1 before you update the DSis, just in case.

Next, the .nds file and the save are separate. The .nds is purely the game file, and the save file is commonly .sav; you'll need to have both if you want to play with your save intact.

jay24k

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On no gba, I was just using the save spots within the game itself so no .sav file was created. If I copy the nds rom over, in theory I shouldn't lose anything correct?

Probably won't use the shop so I'll stay at 1.3 then. I downloaded the latest dstwo files and have them ready to go as soon as the cards arrive.

Thanks

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
jay24k said:
On no gba, I was just using the save spots within the game itself so no .sav file was created. If I copy the nds rom over, in theory I shouldn't lose anything correct?
Not correct.

The in-game save IS the .sav file that protokun is talking about. The game is NOT saved within the ROM.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs