Update DSi necessary from 1.3U?

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by jay24k, Nov 25, 2010.

Nov 25, 2010
  1. jay24k
    OP

Newcomer jay24k Newbie

United States
    Picked up two DSi's and ordered two of the DSTWO flash carts. I haven't had much time to really mess with them but couldnt find much info on my question above.

Should I update to the latest firmware on the dsi since DSTWO from what I read works with it?

Is there anything I miss out on by not doing it that is worth it?

One last question. Was playing DQ9 on the emulator on my laptop. I should be able to just copy the nds file over once I get the card and my save should be on it still correct?

Thanks in advance and hopefully these weren't questions that are asked a million times. [​IMG]

2. ProtoKun7

Global Moderator ProtoKun7 GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 3

United Kingdom
    There's no real need to update unless you wish to access the DSi Shop.

You have the DSTWOs already? Make sure that they are updated to work with 1.4.1 before you update the DSis, just in case.

Next, the .nds file and the save are separate. The .nds is purely the game file, and the save file is commonly .sav; you'll need to have both if you want to play with your save intact.

3. jay24k
    OP

Newcomer jay24k Newbie

United States
    On no gba, I was just using the save spots within the game itself so no .sav file was created. If I copy the nds rom over, in theory I shouldn't lose anything correct?

Probably won't use the shop so I'll stay at 1.3 then. I downloaded the latest dstwo files and have them ready to go as soon as the cards arrive.

Thanks

4. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    Not correct.

The in-game save IS the .sav file that protokun is talking about. The game is NOT saved within the ROM.