Homebrew Update 11.10 and Homebrew

D

Deleted User

It is safe to update to the new firmware that just dropped if you have Luma. Just telling you guys who are scared that they'll be bricked.

Reactions: Kitsune6

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Okay, confirmed: Stickerhax works on N3DS 11.10 U with the same payload as 11.9.

Also, there is now apparently an otherapp.bin that works with N3DS 11.10 E available at https://www.reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/bttp7z/new_update_out_dont_update_yet/epccmph/. There's probably an O3DS otherapp.bin, but I don't know where it is.

Time for a not-so-little review:

The Problem with Sploit-Installer
Note that this does not particularly apply to steelhax or freakyhax, since these load otherapp.bin off the SD card instead of embedding it in the save data.

So, spolit-installer is hardcoded to download otherapp.bin from http://smea.mtheall.com/get_payload.php?version=%s-%d-%d-%d-%d-%s . If you specify NEW-11-10-0-43-USA, you're supposed to get N3DS_U_29697_usa_9221.bin , which is the file you'll get from https://smealum.github.io/3ds/ . Instead, you'll get N3DS_U_28673_usa_9221.bin , the old payload you would get by specifying NEW-11-6-0-xx-USA – and so the exploit won't work. In theory whoever has access to that server could update the php scripts and solve the problem for everyone, but I tried contacting some people and got nowhere. All these exploits are kind of depreciated now, so it's sort of understandable. (I don't know for sure, but I expect the updaters built into Humblehax and Basehax also use the same URL.)

Someone could in theory recompile all the sploit installers with a new URL on another server, but I for one don't have a server and have no idea how to recompile them anyway. Someone has already made an offline installer for oot3dhax which reads from a copy of otherapp.bin on the SD card.

Alternatively, you could in theory configure your wireless router to redirect http://smea.mtheall.com/ to a local HTTP server that would provide the correct file.

But with the tools available, the only real option for updating is to use JKSM. After you've run the sploit-installer for whatever *hax you're trying to install and you dump the save data for Sticker Star/OoT3D/Citizens of Earth/whatever, the JKSM dump will include a file named payload.bin. Rename N3DS_U_29697_usa_9221.bin (or whatever your otherapp.bin is called) to payload.bin, overwrite the copy of payload.bin in the save data dump, and then re-import the data with JKSM and you should be good to go.

Alternatively, for games with data stored on your SD card, save3ds can now apparently be used instead of JKSM to manipulate save data. save3ds is currently not available for Windows, however.

Or you can just install CFW and forget about *hax exploits forever. :-P

Last edited by Kwyjor,
Reactions: Brawl345 and Zoria

THYPLEX

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You should check if your memory card is good or damaged, it could be the sd adapter too, mine got damaged 2 months ago and had to replace it
I've already tried , and my micro SD besides this works just fine

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

When i try to install anything with FBI or bigblue the new 3ds give me this error , why ?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

After the 11.10 update , obviously
Anyone ?

butfluffy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
so i'm running luma on two 3ds's, one n3dsxl and one old 3ds, both on 11.9fw.
i used soundhax to exploit the n3dsxl and a different exploit method which i forgot for the o3ds cos it was on an old fw 4.something.
do i need to update otherapp.bin?

Clockdryve

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have purchased a banned 3DS - how do I update... or is it not possible? It is on the last update that was availabe, and Luma is 9.1 (current).

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have purchased a banned 3DS - how do I update... or is it not possible?
If you can update at all, you would do it the normal way – through the System Settings app.

Even if you can't update, it doesn't really matter, since the only good reason to update is because you can't use Nintendo's online services unless it's up-to-date – and if the console is banned, it probably can't use those services anyway.

Reactions: Clockdryve
D

Deleted User

If you can update at all, you would do it the normal way – through the System Settings app.

Even if you can't update, it doesn't really matter, since the only good reason to update is because you can't use Nintendo's online services unless it's up-to-date – and if the console is banned, it probably can't use those services anyway.
There is a way to unban your 3ds using a magnet and a flash cart. https://projectpokemon.org/home/forums/topic/41412-ntrboothaxmagnethax-released/

Snor_

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Someone found the 11.10 payload to O3ds EUR?
Nope, nobody found it.
It seems strange n3ds payload came out so soon and o3ds hasn't been out already.
Guess we're going to buy Sudoku by EA for 1.99 euros for Fredminer lol

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Last edited by Kwyjor,

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
When i try to install anything with FBI or bigblue the new 3ds give me this error , why ?
Hello, I got the same error in FBI that THYPLEX got. Does anyone know why it crashes? :( And my SD Card is good! (I have an old 3DS with Luma3DS, FW 11.10)
If it had something to do with updating to 11.10, I bet there would be a lot more people reporting the same problem. It's probably just a coincidence that it showed up at this time.

As for the solution, I have no idea. I suggest Googling for (fbi 3ds "data abort").

Reactions: THYPLEX

Clockdryve

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://www.ebay.com/itm/R4-R4i-Gol...056957?hash=item2acd2f523d:g:Vz4AAOSwogpc8IC9

Just got mine ordered a few hours ago. little costly (not much more than China sales) but don't have to wait a month or worried about ripoff.

R4i Gold+ with NTRBoot internal switch. Best of both worlds and no need to mess with kernel flash.

I flashed my 3DS Gold Cart awhile back (still NTRBoot flashed) and can reverse back to original NDS loader - but wanted a better way.

Last edited by Clockdryve,

Daedronus

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Hey everyone. New here, but having issues with Steelhax on 11.10. The 3ds.hack guide tells me to download a otherapp payload file that is customized to my version (I'm in New Zealand), but 11.10 isn't an option.

It's been mentioned that Steelhax still works on 11.10, so do I just not need the otherapp payload? Thx everyone - appreciate any help.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Used it as a web cam for a day for fun, sooo shitty it was hilarious