Gaming Unused pokemon - (3 i know are fake)

leerpsp

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
years ago when I was a kid back in the pokemon gold and silver days I played some rom hacks with fakemon in them and this starter here was in the rom hack I played I don't remember what it was called but if others help me dig i know we can find it no problem.
Just pointing out that I know this was fake or if for some reason its really not/really unlikely then some one new about this all them years ago and put them in a rom hack.
I will keep looking for the rom hack for the next month and i will not give up on this one because the rom hack i played was really fun that is why i remember it.
when I find it i will post screen shots of it and the fakemon and will work showing every one that this pokemon/fakemon was in a rom hack.
Also I don't know if This post will need to be moved to another section or not but if so sorry I posted in the wrong section and hope a mod can movie it there.

prototype_fire_starters_by_kipine-dcd2zm9.png

Photo come from https://kipine.deviantart.com/art/Prototype-Fire-Starters-747568593

Last edited by leerpsp,

leerpsp

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On of the romhacks was based on Telefang...maybe it was that one?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keitai_Denjū_Telefang

I don't know if it was that one but i'll have to play it to see i know it was the starter pokemon so you would know from the start of the game on this one.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You remember some generic design from 18 years ago?
I played the game when i was young don't know how old i was or how many years ago it was but if that is how long ago the rom hack come out then yes it was.

On of the romhacks was based on Telefang...maybe it was that one?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keitai_Denjū_Telefang
also no it was not that one because it still had the same town you started in at the start of the game. for the most part the towns seemed the same or close to it with not that much changed at all.

leerpsp

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nice meme.

You posted an image with this that was uploaded yesterday explicitly saying where it's from. Try harder.

https://kipine.deviantart.com/art/Prototype-Fire-Starters-747568593
I know it was uploaded yesterday (not a meme by the way). All you have to do is right click and copy image address to get its link. I decided to go with that image over the others because It looked better.
did not know i needed to post were the photo come from just the same as avatar pics. But if your that hurt about it sorry and i'll post the link in the under the image.

D

Deleted User

Wrong forum?

Ontopic tho, I think we can all remember the schoolyard rumors of PikaBlu, which ended up being Maril.

Oh, and the elemental (Grass, Fire, Water) evolutions of pikachu. Actually, the PikaBlu rumour kind of fueled this one.

Reactions: leerpsp

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
These aren’t fake Pokémon. They’re actually from an original version of Pokémon gold version before it’s official release.
I think what he's saying is he saw the same Pokemon in a rom hack. Maybe he somehow got ahold of the prototype way back when and didn't realize what he had. Kind of hard to believe though...
Aye I have carts of those.
You should join the Telefang discord :)
LOL I remember the intro, Keitai_Denjū DEMONDU. Was a fun game, but the mod for the game broke saving and would always freeze about 30 minutes into the story on a specific fight.
I just used save states instead, as for the freezing, somehow I got past that I guess since I got quite far. But the dialogue was too confusing and I gave up on trying to progress at some point. I'll play it properly once the Telefang translation patch is finished.
These days there are patches to fix the bootleg bugs, though they don't do much to fix the confusing dialogue. The fan translation patch is still receiving updates but it's a long and slow process by a very small team.

Reactions: leerpsp

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Here is a list of monsters from Keitai Denjuu Telefang, but i dont have time to look through them myself, if anyone wants to try and find any comparisons:
http://telefang.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Denjuu_in_Telefang_1
Telefang monsters (Denjuu) have a very different style than Pokemon, I don't think there's anything that looks like that.
Also, that wiki is obsolete, the creators abandoned Wikia in favor of a dedicated website: http://wiki.telefang.net/Wikifang
Wikia however would have none of that and decided to keep the wiki alive even without anyone to maintain it, and subverting any attempts to inform visitors of the move.
Fuck wikia.

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
did you make your own?
Nope. I don't know where they came from though, I've had them for years.

I think what he's saying is he saw the same Pokemon in a rom hack. Maybe he somehow got ahold of the prototype way back when and didn't realize what he had. Kind of hard to believe though...

You should join the Telefang discord :)

I just used save states instead, as for the freezing, somehow I got past that I guess since I got quite far. But the dialogue was too confusing and I gave up on trying to progress at some point. I'll play it properly once the Telefang translation patch is finished.
These days there are patches to fix the bootleg bugs, though they don't do much to fix the confusing dialogue. The fan translation patch is still receiving updates but it's a long and slow process by a very small team.
Don't you like the electric monster's world? :')

leerpsp

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think your right on that if I was not able to find it online like before. My dad got it for me when I was a kid on IRC and I played it.
He told me he may still have it on a old hard drive I'll have to head over and look and see. Also one to note the one I had was in English by the way.

leerpsp

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think your right on that if I was not able to find it online like before. My dad got it for me when I was a kid on IRC and I played it.
He told me he may still have it on a old hard drive I'll have to head over and look and see. Also one to note the one I had was in English by the way.
Iv yet to look at my dads hard drive that will take a few days I found one online a few min ago with a starter that looks like it may be based off of that one.
Keep me updated if you guys find anything as well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Heyyyy lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    the baker appears
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    so i signed up for a library takeout box a few weeks ago, and a couple weeks ago i got the takeout box
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    now stick with me
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i got a small bag of fritos, a tea bag of earl gray, a sticker of pixelated pepe the frog, a blue pair of sunglasses, and 2 books
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Teabag the fritos
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    one was a book called gone which is about everyone 15 or older suddenly fucking disappearing, and the other was fucking delicious in dungeon/dungeon meshi
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    tl;dr i started reading dungeon meshi bc it was in a surprise box from my library, and i will try making one of the recipes from it, substituting the dungeon/fantasy ingredients for real world equivalents (like replacing basilisk with chicken)
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    No substituting allowed.
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    @BakerMan I got barometz. Do you want some?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    27th is going to be good entertainment first presidential debate
    Biden drools, Trump grabs them by the pussy.... Ughh lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Felon VS Meth overlord who will win
    My date tonight has 34 H boobs 🥰
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biden trips walking on stage rush to hospital Trump sneakingly lays Legos around Biden potum
    Lol I want them to play board games against each other
    Checkers, Monopoly, connect four lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I sunk your battleship you old senile geezer
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    No matter, afterwards Trump will claim he won, and Biden won't even remember what happened or who he is.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I want Bidens mic to run out of batteries so he forgets what to say
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I want Bidens mic to run out of batteries so he forgets what to say