unlocking Gamecube to GBA game unlock-ables

Discussion in 'GBA - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by Hells_Hammer, Feb 27, 2008.

Feb 27, 2008
  1. Hells_Hammer
    OP

Newcomer Hells_Hammer Newbie

United States
    So, I've been looking around for quite a while now...I'm still unable to find any info on ripping GameCube games that contain GBA 'easter egg' titles.

I need help.

I was able to find a webpage that had the NiGHTS into Dreams mini game (unlock-able in Phantasy Star Online and Billy Hatcher) available. However, the download was only in .mb form, which I can't get to work with my SuperCard. Only a white screen appears.

I want to get a hold of all of the games that had GameCube to GBA connectivity and rip the unlock-able GBA games from them, and put them together for use with an emulator or flashcard. Or some other realistic way to enjoy them.

I guess I need to know a few things.
    1. Can .mb files be converted to be played on SuperCard (or other flashcard)?
    2. Are GameCube games easily ripped? I've heard not.
    3. If I was able to rip the games, what would I need to do to make them playable on a SuperCard, VisualBoy Advance or some such program?

If anyone with ripping and/or game conversion experience has any advice to get me started, I would very much appreciate it!

Anywho, thanks!

2. m3rox

Member m3rox GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    It hasn't been done yet.

3. Maikel Steneker

Member Maikel Steneker M3 Fanboy

Netherlands
    I don't know about the ripping, but I remember having a program to play MB-files on my M3 Perfect... I'll search the name and URL for you.

Edit: it's called Multiboot Menu, more information and the download is available here.

I remember playing the NiGHTS-game myself, and it worked flawlessly [​IMG]

4. Hells_Hammer
    OP

United States
  5. Maikel Steneker

Netherlands
    At least you can play them (see my edit) [​IMG]

6. Maikel Steneker

Netherlands
  7. Hells_Hammer
    OP

United States
    Hey, thanks very much maikelsteneker, you've been a ton of help. I've already got my girlfriend playing NiGHTS on her GBA.

Also, the link you posted has almost every game that I was attempting to acquire, so you have saved me a lot of trouble! Awesome. Thanks again!

8. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    Aw, maikelsteneker beat me to it. Yeah, that's a partial listing of some GBA multiboot games and GCN games with GBA multiboot demos, while you can use Multiboot Menu to get them in a format suitable for your Supercard. I've done it with the Panel De Pon demo from Nintendo Puzzle Collection personally. I just searched for the first few bytes of the GBA header in the uncompressed Gamecube ISO using a hex editor and ripped the next 256 KB of data to a new file. Some of the stuff at the end was garbage data, but it still worked fine.