Hardware unlocking Gamecube to GBA game unlock-ables

Hells_Hammer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I've been looking around for quite a while now...I'm still unable to find any info on ripping GameCube games that contain GBA 'easter egg' titles.

I need help.

I was able to find a webpage that had the NiGHTS into Dreams mini game (unlock-able in Phantasy Star Online and Billy Hatcher) available. However, the download was only in .mb form, which I can't get to work with my SuperCard. Only a white screen appears.

I want to get a hold of all of the games that had GameCube to GBA connectivity and rip the unlock-able GBA games from them, and put them together for use with an emulator or flashcard. Or some other realistic way to enjoy them.

I guess I need to know a few things.
1. Can .mb files be converted to be played on SuperCard (or other flashcard)?
2. Are GameCube games easily ripped? I've heard not.
3. If I was able to rip the games, what would I need to do to make them playable on a SuperCard, VisualBoy Advance or some such program?

If anyone with ripping and/or game conversion experience has any advice to get me started, I would very much appreciate it!

Anywho, thanks!

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
I don't know about the ripping, but I remember having a program to play MB-files on my M3 Perfect... I'll search the name and URL for you.

Edit: it's called Multiboot Menu, more information and the download is available here.

I remember playing the NiGHTS-game myself, and it worked flawlessly
smile.gif

Hells_Hammer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, thanks very much maikelsteneker, you've been a ton of help. I've already got my girlfriend playing NiGHTS on her GBA.

Also, the link you posted has almost every game that I was attempting to acquire, so you have saved me a lot of trouble! Awesome. Thanks again!

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aw, maikelsteneker beat me to it. Yeah, that's a partial listing of some GBA multiboot games and GCN games with GBA multiboot demos, while you can use Multiboot Menu to get them in a format suitable for your Supercard. I've done it with the Panel De Pon demo from Nintendo Puzzle Collection personally. I just searched for the first few bytes of the GBA header in the uncompressed Gamecube ISO using a hex editor and ripped the next 256 KB of data to a new file. Some of the stuff at the end was garbage data, but it still worked fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Illinois is working to ban toxic food additives that have been banned for decades in other countries; additives that can be replaced and all those countries still have Skittles and Mountain Dew. Title of the piece: GUBMINT WANTS TO TAKE AWAY YOUR CANDY
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Gee, I wonder if the author is biased?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Sounds and smells like bullshit. They don't give you cancer, and California should know that. I don't get why they stick labels that say "may or may not cause reproductive harm or cancer".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Arsenic doesn't give you cancer either.
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    California has already banned those additives BTW.
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Psi has been banned in the state of California.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I am the cancer!!! lol
    Yayyy got arcade games on the Pi working lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Cool.
    Now to spend 6 months deleting all the garbage lol
    Mame should be two sets one for preservation of everything and one set for people who just want to play and enjoy the old old ganes
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, Shouldn't preservation be legal tho?
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, I always see this dude's shorts, he sounds pretty annoying.
    +1
    Preservation yeah it absolutely should be legal
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, Believe Japan was going to make it legal at some point, according to a Kotaku story.
    +1
    I swear like 99% of arcade games wouldn't even exist these days outside of MAME the arcade machines are old and busted very few ever saw any sort of home conversion
    We get 37 versions of Super Mario Bros but 0 of Beast Busters
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, There's a lot of obscure Japanese arcade titles that are either lost to time or dumped.
    +1
    It's so unfair, maybe AI can save us lol
    I mean if a company could use AI to do the work of a home conversion for essentially free why not? The rights for some games are completely lost though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, AI is taking our jobs!
    +1
    Just tried the Master System version.... Ugghh
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Just tried the Master System version.... Ugghh