Hardware unlocking Gamecube to GBA game unlock-ables

Hells_Hammer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I've been looking around for quite a while now...I'm still unable to find any info on ripping GameCube games that contain GBA 'easter egg' titles.

I need help.

I was able to find a webpage that had the NiGHTS into Dreams mini game (unlock-able in Phantasy Star Online and Billy Hatcher) available. However, the download was only in .mb form, which I can't get to work with my SuperCard. Only a white screen appears.

I want to get a hold of all of the games that had GameCube to GBA connectivity and rip the unlock-able GBA games from them, and put them together for use with an emulator or flashcard. Or some other realistic way to enjoy them.

I guess I need to know a few things.
1. Can .mb files be converted to be played on SuperCard (or other flashcard)?
2. Are GameCube games easily ripped? I've heard not.
3. If I was able to rip the games, what would I need to do to make them playable on a SuperCard, VisualBoy Advance or some such program?

If anyone with ripping and/or game conversion experience has any advice to get me started, I would very much appreciate it!

Anywho, thanks!

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
I don't know about the ripping, but I remember having a program to play MB-files on my M3 Perfect... I'll search the name and URL for you.

Edit: it's called Multiboot Menu, more information and the download is available here.

I remember playing the NiGHTS-game myself, and it worked flawlessly
smile.gif

Hells_Hammer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, thanks very much maikelsteneker, you've been a ton of help. I've already got my girlfriend playing NiGHTS on her GBA.

Also, the link you posted has almost every game that I was attempting to acquire, so you have saved me a lot of trouble! Awesome. Thanks again!

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aw, maikelsteneker beat me to it. Yeah, that's a partial listing of some GBA multiboot games and GCN games with GBA multiboot demos, while you can use Multiboot Menu to get them in a format suitable for your Supercard. I've done it with the Panel De Pon demo from Nintendo Puzzle Collection personally. I just searched for the first few bytes of the GBA header in the uncompressed Gamecube ISO using a hex editor and ripped the next 256 KB of data to a new file. Some of the stuff at the end was garbage data, but it still worked fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nearly 4 hours without power :(
  • Veho @ Veho:
    SO POWERLESS
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tell Kanye I need power
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Better start running in your hamster wheel
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Meth addicts on a treadmill connected to a generator "Unlimited POWER!!!'
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before or after a hit?
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Do you dangle a baggie in front of them, like a carrot?
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    they're the same thing
    +1
    i like that idea
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the same thing?
    +1
    before or after a hit
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay