OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
UK Retailer Argos Claims Wii Delay

QUOTE said:
Thought you may be interested to know that it appears Argos preorders for the Wii console have been confirmed DELAYED.
Both myself and a friend have paid the £180 for the console and delivery, however customers are being contacted directly by phone stating that
ALL uk retailers are affected. This is disputable as a Woolworths spokemans has confirmed that my second console ordered on the 20th Nov is ready for dispatch.
A second call to Argos has stated that they did not receive the expected volumes. Another Presell F*&^ up lol

ryohki

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
that really sucks, man....
hope it's not UK wide, just that chain...
but still, it's gotta suck for pre-order customers

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Too bad for most people. Argos only got 13,000 out of their expected 15,000 units.

It's a damn good thing I successfully pre-ordered from Amazon.co.uk too!
wink.gif
No way I'm going to be Wiiless come Dec. 8th!
biggrin.gif

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
Aww that sucks
frown.gif

I hope you guys in Europe get a good amount of consoles and that the delay is not too far away.

Australia's second shipment of Wii arrives on monday/tuesday, so perhaps it's something similar to Europe.

lookout

GBAtemp Board Room
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
The level of demand for Nintendo's home console has been so feverish that DSG Group – the parent company of High Street retailer Currys and PC World, as well as dixons.co.uk – expects that even with four separate delivery's between now and Christmas, it does not believe it can satisfy pre-orders until 2007

"We're expecting to fulfil all pre-orders on the day," said Hamish Thompson of DSG. "We're continuing to take pre-orders but informing consumers that they probably won't be able to be fulfilled until after Christmas."

"We're expecting four deliveries between now and Christmas and we expect them all to go to pre-orders. If customers haven't already pre-ordered then they've probably missed the boat."

djgarf

I Am A Raver
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
i preordered from argos (who i just happen to work for so i got a nice 10% discount) and have already had a phone call confirming that i will be recieving my wii tomorrow
smile.gif

GameJesus

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I do not know much about ordering stuff onlnie but couldnt people in UK order from USA on nov 19th preorder so they get theres within a week or two? or is that not allowed im just curious how affairs work overseas like that.

The Teej

Also known as The Tjalian
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
zeldapower.com
XP
Country
Argos are such tools, seriously.

No such delay was confirmed, or even rumoured for that matter. Why would Nintendo delay the hottest console this side of 2006 a mere DAY before launch? Honestly...

OrR

Rice-megatron Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I do not know much about ordering stuff onlnie but couldnt people in UK order from USA on nov 19th preorder so they get theres within a week or two? or is that not allowed im just curious how affairs work overseas like that.
It's complicated and the Wii features some kind of bloody stupid region locking so it's probably not a very good idea. You loose warranty and all that stuff, too... And with the ebay prices it wouldn't be cheaper, either.

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
i preordered from argos (who i just happen to work for so i got a nice 10% discount) and have already had a phone call confirming that i will be recieving my wii tomorrow
smile.gif

Me too
smile.gif
Between 8am and 6pm. A mate off another forum got the same call confirming it'll be delivered tomorrow. I ordered on Nov 8th, he ordered on Nov 16th. So at the moment I love Argos. That may change if it doesn't turn up tomorrow though (Or if they only deliver Monkey Ball or something - they did just say "Your order" will be delivered)

EddCase

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Just to add to that I ordered mine from Argos, got a great deal Zelda and Red Steel for £29.99 each at the same time and I also got the phone call last night confirming delivery tomorrow. Only Problem it's my Xmas pressie and I doubt my fiancee will let me have it till the 25th.. going to have to work on convincing her.

Scurvey Dog

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just to add to that I ordered mine from Argos, got a great deal Zelda and Red Steel for £29.99 each at the same time and I also got the phone call last night confirming delivery tomorrow. Only Problem it's my Xmas pressie and I doubt my fiancee will let me have it till the 25th.. going to have to work on convincing her.

thats easy, seduce her.

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Pre orders shouldnt be allowed, let everyone wait in line without any bastards pre ordering and jumping the queue.

You would think it would be in the retailers best interest to sell the wii on a first come, first serve basis. Even if it just gets a big queue outside the shop. As long as people are coming into the shop they might buy something else, even though they can't get the wii. I can remember when the xbox 360 first came out and you couldn't get them for love or money. GAME put banners up in their shop saying that they had got some in. Went into GAME and all the systems were pre-ordered which makes me think they never had any in stock because they had already sold out.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: damn