TX Releases SX OS v1.3

TX Releases Another Update To Their SX OS, with a big new feature: 'eShop NSP Support' :)
sxos13.jpg
TX does not seem to want to take a break, they have now pumped out yet another major update to their SX OS, check it out below:
We are back once again with an exciting update for SX OS. Let's skip the drama for now and jump straight to the list of new goodies:
  • Add LayeredFS support
    Are you excited about any upcoming Game Mods for switch games? Well, we are! To accommodate this we have added what is commonly referred to as "LayeredFS" support. In short what this allows you to do is override specific files from a game with modified copies that are loaded from your microSD's (ex)FAT partition.
    Place your custom game files under the following locations on the microSD root:
    - /sxos/titles/<titleid>/exefs/
    - /sxos/titles/<titleid>/romfs/​
    We can't wait to see what cool mods the community will come up with!
  • Add eShop NSP support
    This adds support for installing and launching installed eShop NSP files. This is still rough around the edges and for advanced users only. To install NSP files you need a legitimate copy of the DevMenu, which can be launched currently via LayeredFS. We are still working on adding a custom and easy to use NSP installer to our own menu system. Stay tuned!
    WARNING: We do not recommend playing online with installed eShop NSP games without a valid ticket, as this WILL lead to a console ban without a doubt.
  • Add low battery reconfiguration on bootup
    Some users were having battery issues after playing around with Switch Linux custom payload. This fixes the "battery desync" issue every time you boot your switch. If you weren't use Switch Linux there's nothing to worry, otherwise; enjoy your penguins AND enjoy your horizon OS! :D
  • Hide OSX Temp files in game selection menu
    If you were pestered by bogus entries in the game selection menu chances are high this is because you are using OSX (and Finder). We simply hide those files from the menu now. All cleaned up!
  • Removed eMMC password lock
    It seems a perfectly safe and easily reversible hacker challenge we put in place for aspiring hackers has been blown out of proportion. We are sad to see so many false claims on the internet and to avoid any further false accusations and 'fake news' we decided to get rid of it. Namaste.
That's it for today! We'll be back soon. Team-Xecuter doesn't take a break. While others moan on social media we work day and night to bring you the best experience on Nintendo Switch.

-- Team-Xecuter - Rocking the Switch in 2018 and beyond! --
:arrow: Source: MaxConsole

razorG858

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
With 1.3 i cant open Homebrew Menu anymore. Even when i boot hekate i get an error. In SX OS it freezes the console. Anyone else has the same problem?

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"We have bricked your console as a challenge for you to unbrick it." Does that even make sense, or am I misunderstanding what it says? :/

They're just trying to downplay what they did. All the same, I don't care the reasoning, just glad you see its been removed.

thequickbrownfox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Links dead or i don't have permission to access it
True, link looks dead, but there's google cache, so guide is accessible. Pictures don't show up, but you can figure out what to do.

But it would be very nice to have a "Installing eShop titles on TX OS" tutorial/thread. Why was it removed in the first place?

Oh, and what about eShop dumps? Are BBB/HR going to do it, or are they sticking with cartridges?

Last edited by thequickbrownfox,

DayVeeBoi

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i am sorry to say this :

but for now sx-os have wan the war :( there back up loader is ......

i am putting my switch in her box and going back to wii u tell all this ends .........
Yeah thats what I did when it started. WiiU and PS4 it is for the foreseeable future..... Not complaining though.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

That's not how licenses work, my friend.
That's not even how code works. Without the pre-existing code there would be nothing. A few hundred lines of TX code and basically a skin doesn't give you piracy.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
True, link looks dead, but there's google cache, so guide is accessible. Pictures don't show up, but you can figure out what to do.

But it would be very nice to have a "Installing eShop titles on TX OS" tutorial/thread. Why was it removed in the first place?

Oh, and what about eShop dumps? Are BBB/HR going to do it, or are they sticking with cartridges?
it's not deleted, I just moved it since some of the pictures doesn't follow our rules. I contacted OP about it, if s/he got the message that is.

DayVeeBoi

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
They still are legally bound to obey the license that comes with the code, which includes accreditation.
And release their "improvements" to the code (among other stipulations) depending on the license

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Well if you guys like to bash some hackers cause they stole code. Bash Samsung, bash Apple, bash 1000 companies that steal stuff from others. Industrial espionage is here since the 70's.
And when it comes to modding or hacking systems, it's even greater.
That's not the point, you clearly do not understand the issue.

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That's not the point, you clearly do not understand the issue.
Kinda like how some of you don't realise you're beating a dead horse. It's almost starting to look autistic now, even the people whose code was actually used are being more pragmatic. The Chinese tech industry is not going to change it's practices based on a few people clucking on this forum, heck even giant corporations struggle to get them to stop stealing shit.

Ty_

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Kinda like how some of you don't realise you're beating a dead horse. It's almost starting to look autistic now, even the people whose code was actually used are being more pragmatic. The Chinese tech industry is not going to change it's practices based on a few people clucking on this forum, heck even giant corporations struggle to get them to stop stealing shit.

People have already made their opinions very clear, and people can make informed choices at this point. It's pointless to keep banging on about this. This is literally the first and last comment I'm making about this

FierceDeityLinkMask

GbaTemp's Official Deity
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This thread is 23 pages long so I'm not sure if you've already gotten an answer, but Atmosphere is licensed under the GPLv2 license, which means you're not allowed to use code from it legally unless your project is licensed under GPL as well.
I've gotten sooo many answers, but thanx for being one one the VERY VERY few that didn't bombard me.

Reactions: xy-maps
D

Deleted User

Not to run it, no. Just follow the directions and use it.

Why are you messing with him.. Fairly sure his question wasn't what he actually typed out considering the thread we're in. Is LayeredFS licensed ($$) SX OS style. If I'm wrong, *shrug*.
i followed the instructions and it still doesn't work

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
They removed the brick code, but then heavily implied that the brick code wasn't there. :unsure: That's honestly a really snarky comment and rubs me the wrong way. It's basically mocking us for being upset by the brick code that they added and tried to deny was there.
Still glad it was removed, even if I never plan on buying this from them.

Last edited by The Catboy,
Reactions: Nollog

shadoom

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
The quantity and quality of the updates TX is pushing out is incredible. Everyone hating on them I can only say.

"Stop hatin', stop, stop that shit now. I love everybody, I love you. :-*"
- Smartest Woman on the world 2018

Last edited by shadoom,
Reactions: FierceDeityLinkMask

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BakerMan, Remember to take your meds like AncientBoi.