TX Releases SX OS v1.3

TX Releases Another Update To Their SX OS, with a big new feature: 'eShop NSP Support' :)
sxos13.jpg
TX does not seem to want to take a break, they have now pumped out yet another major update to their SX OS, check it out below:
We are back once again with an exciting update for SX OS. Let's skip the drama for now and jump straight to the list of new goodies:
  • Add LayeredFS support
    Are you excited about any upcoming Game Mods for switch games? Well, we are! To accommodate this we have added what is commonly referred to as "LayeredFS" support. In short what this allows you to do is override specific files from a game with modified copies that are loaded from your microSD's (ex)FAT partition.
    Place your custom game files under the following locations on the microSD root:
    - /sxos/titles/<titleid>/exefs/
    - /sxos/titles/<titleid>/romfs/​
    We can't wait to see what cool mods the community will come up with!
  • Add eShop NSP support
    This adds support for installing and launching installed eShop NSP files. This is still rough around the edges and for advanced users only. To install NSP files you need a legitimate copy of the DevMenu, which can be launched currently via LayeredFS. We are still working on adding a custom and easy to use NSP installer to our own menu system. Stay tuned!
    WARNING: We do not recommend playing online with installed eShop NSP games without a valid ticket, as this WILL lead to a console ban without a doubt.
  • Add low battery reconfiguration on bootup
    Some users were having battery issues after playing around with Switch Linux custom payload. This fixes the "battery desync" issue every time you boot your switch. If you weren't use Switch Linux there's nothing to worry, otherwise; enjoy your penguins AND enjoy your horizon OS! :D
  • Hide OSX Temp files in game selection menu
    If you were pestered by bogus entries in the game selection menu chances are high this is because you are using OSX (and Finder). We simply hide those files from the menu now. All cleaned up!
  • Removed eMMC password lock
    It seems a perfectly safe and easily reversible hacker challenge we put in place for aspiring hackers has been blown out of proportion. We are sad to see so many false claims on the internet and to avoid any further false accusations and 'fake news' we decided to get rid of it. Namaste.
That's it for today! We'll be back soon. Team-Xecuter doesn't take a break. While others moan on social media we work day and night to bring you the best experience on Nintendo Switch.

-- Team-Xecuter - Rocking the Switch in 2018 and beyond! --
:arrow: Source: MaxConsole

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wish they implemented a way to not get banned.

I don't plan to play illegitimate games online or whatever. I just wish using the TX thingie can guarantee I won't be ass-slapped with a ban paddle from playing offline. Trying my best to not get banned only to still get banned because my pinkie toe tripped Nintendo's secret ban trap.

That's really my only hesitation with all this homebrew business. I hate how it feels like people are being banned out of nowhere for reasons unknown. I feel that the idea of upon manipulating your console, you should expect to be banned is a depressingz defeatist attitude quite early in switch homebrew development.

Developers did crazy shit with the 3DS that I never would have fathomed. And so, I watch gbatemp and /r/switchhacks every day. Always hoping for more progress, more understanding of how Nintendo is banning people and doing things.

Just some thoughts in relation to this update and recent events.
EmuNAND sure does sound useful right about now...

darkflame808

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kudos to Team TX!. I am one of maybe five people out there who actually appreciated the fact that they tried to protect their investment. If SX OS was to be cracked, well that would stifle their desires to further the development of the OS. Given that this train is running full steam ahead I am more than happy to ride a train with a valid ticket.

Ah well. Maybe 1.4 will bring it back along with other great features. Yes I know the brick haters will cry foul but given that I have my cake now I could care less. There is no honor among thieves they say so let it ride TX. Heheh

KKF

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
seem like a great update and need to give props to TX team for keep working on SX OS, but I wish I could get my SX OS pro soon =_=""

70p453ty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just some heads up!
I was trying to install dev menu using my mac,
you know... dragging and dropping the sxos folder with the content inside to my sd card... and I was always getting an error while booting pokemon quest!
Then I switched to my windows pc and it worked!
I honestly don't know what happened... but just wanted to share this in case if someone is having the same problem!

(MAC OS= HIGH SIERRA btw)

Reactions: halcyonknight

IS_Nitro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
a question do you need a license to run LayeredFS?

Not to run it, no. Just follow the directions and use it.

Why are you messing with him.. Fairly sure his question wasn't what he actually typed out considering the thread we're in. Is LayeredFS licensed ($$) SX OS style. If I'm wrong, *shrug*.

Last edited by IS_Nitro,

eureca

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wish they implemented a way to not get banned.

I don't plan to play illegitimate games online or whatever. I just wish using the TX thingie can guarantee I won't be ass-slapped with a ban paddle from playing offline. Trying my best to not get banned only to still get banned because my pinkie toe tripped Nintendo's secret ban trap.

That's really my only hesitation with all this homebrew business. I hate how it feels like people are being banned out of nowhere for reasons unknown. I feel that the idea of upon manipulating your console, you should expect to be banned is a depressingz defeatist attitude quite early in switch homebrew development.

Developers did crazy shit with the 3DS that I never would have fathomed. And so, I watch gbatemp and /r/switchhacks every day. Always hoping for more progress, more understanding of how Nintendo is banning people and doing things.

Just some thoughts in relation to this update and recent events.

Sure 3DS/NDS/Wii/Wii U were great for homebrew because Nintendo didn't care enough about banning people that modified their console. I have all those systems modified and none of them were ever banned from going online. I modified my 360/PS3 and both were banned relatively quickly.

I just think Nintendo is catching up. It is not so much as a defeatist attitude. It is being realistic about what you are risking by modifying your console. I am not saying things won't get better but I don't think you can really compare it to what happened with the 3DS. I pretty much did everything on my 3DS' from when the first exploits/flashcards were released and none of them were ever banned. I know a lot of 3DS' were banned but I lucked out with that.

MrGizMo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I am so glad I gave them my money.

Happy with the nsp support, hopefully my sources will offer nsp games soon (only 1 eshop game released so far: if anyone has sources which released more, please PM). And good job on deleting that brick shit, I guess all those freeware homebrew idiots who QQed towards TX now stfu and perhaps spend some $ to sit first row?

Yeah it is nice to shut up the little kids about that brick stuff

Reactions: Trappie and xiaNaix

halcyonknight

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just some heads up!
I was trying to install dev menu using my mac,
you know... dragging and dropping the sxos folder with the content inside to my sd card... and I was always getting an error while booting pokemon quest!
Then I switched to my windows pc and it worked!

That would explain why I just wasted an hour of my life. God I wish trying to do literally any of this with a Mac wasn't so problematic.

Reactions: 70p453ty

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah a better update would have a better way to install nsps

I'm not touching layeredfs or dev menu with a 50 foot pole
will it really matter though?
i am going to say that there solution will still probably be installing titles to your NAND which i think is the real risk not dev men itself
i mean won't this work like the 3DS , Ie. you boot into normal FW the titles are still visible on your home screen but just will not launch
seems pretty detectable to me
seems like the only safe way will be to run them from SD without installing them

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse