Hacking Two questions about modding a WII

fatoh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I got a new WII and I want want to softmode it, I read this topic: http://gbatemp.net/t171901-modify-any-wii-4-2-below
and I have two questions about it:
1) where do I get the up42x.zip file or up43x.zip maybe?
2) Do I have to use Super Smash Brothers Brawl Lego Indiana Jones Yu-Gi-OH 5D's Wheelie Breakers to mod a 4.3 WII? or is there another way to do it, because I don't have any of this games.

waiting for answers really quick, thanks in advance

neotank19

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If your wii has never been modded before you will need one of those games. Either borrow or rent them. SSBB for an american wii or Indiana jones for a european one. I belive you need to email an address in that post to get those files. Check the modmii sticky while you are at it.

dn_angel000

Phantom User
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It really all depends on ur SM! If ur on 4.2 then no just use BannerBomb v2, if ur on 4.3 then yes!!

EDIT: NO u can't u'll get a 003(4) error (Not sure on the number!)

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
fatoh said:
I was seraching somewhere else and saw a Bannerbomb V2 is this real? can I use it to mod a 4.3 WII?
Bannerbomb V2 is real, but doesn't work on 4.3.
It was made for the 4.2 update (but should work on 4.0 and 4.1 as well)

dn_angel000

Phantom User
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tj_cool said:
fatoh said:
I was seraching somewhere else and saw a Bannerbomb V2 is this real? can I use it to mod a 4.3 WII?
Bannerbomb V2 is real, but doesn't work on 4.3.
It was made for the 4.2 update (but should work on 4.0 and 4.1 as well)
I thought v2 was specifically 4 SMs with 4.2 and v1 was 4 SMs 3.4-4.1!

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
I don't know how good it is with 4.3 - but I softmodded my 4.2E Wii using 'ModMii' with no problems, and it claims it can Mod 4.3
QUOTE said:
Use this program to easily, automatically and legally set-up your SD card with the required files
to fully softmod ANY Wii (4.3U/E/J and Below & 4.2K and Below), and up/downgrade to firmwares 4.3, 4.2 and 4.1
(Support for all wii's: U,E,J,K and even Region Changed Wii's)

When using the download wizard, a custom guide will be generated based on the users answers to a few simple questions

Literally run the program once, let it download, and you have all the files you need on your SD card to modify your Wii
and because it downloads everything required, you don't need Super Smash Brothers Brawl / Lego Indiana Jones / Yu-Gi-OH 5D's / Wheelie Breakers game(s) to do it
(note however IF you want USB HDD support you do need to run it twice 1st time to softmod,2nd time to get USB support)

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
CannonFoddr said:
and because it downloads everything required, you don't need Super Smash Brothers Brawl / Lego Indiana Jones / Yu-Gi-OH 5D's / Wheelie Breakers game(s) to do it
(note however IF you want USB HDD support you do need to run it twice 1st time to softmod,2nd time to get USB support)
Yeah, that's what you'd hope
tongue.gif

You cannot softmod 4.3 without one of those games (unless it was softmodded before of course).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: or fucking Clu Clu Land for that matter