ROM Hack [Tutorial][SaveHexEdit] How to get all unobtainable outfits in Bravely Default EUR/USA

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Though it's my first with default so I don't know how or where the jp outfits are in the shops in the jp version or in some promotional stuff
Iirc the jp outfits was exclusive to pre-order bonus or code that came with music cd's, and still can't be purchased in-game, even on the japanese version, according to : https://bravelydefault.fandom.com/wiki/Bravely_Default_alternate_outfits

You can look here for a location of all the other outfits you can buy in the game that I made years ago.

@Asia81 Have you had any chance at editing my save? It's been almost a week of me trying to figure out the errors and solutions but no success so far on my side, I was hoping that somebody way more knowledgeable at hex editing would be able to pull it off or at least know what's up with my save.

I didn't try, I saw your initial message but I didn't see you edited it to ask me for the save. I'll do it soon.

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Probably edited at a wrong offset
Or you either past it wrong, see here.
Or you also past it wrong but in another way, you past it with ctrl-v (wich add the string, so the file end up be being longer) instead of ctrl-b (which replace the next offset, which doesn't change the file size).

Bazzzz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where there any 0s at the last offset that I could have missed? Because in one attempt I skipped some 0s while inserting the hex with ctrl-b but it broke more my save.

bejelec

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't for the life of me figure this out. I tried following the steps as closely as possible. I scrolled down to the B6F0 offset. I placed "C0 E5 4E E0 E5 4E 00 E6 4E 20 E6 4E 40 E6 4E" at the end where the 0s start, That didn't work. So I tried offsetting it by 00, then 00 00, and then 00 00 00, nothing. When I open my items on my 3DS the game crashes, if I open my items in an emulator I see 5 new items with blank names with a quantity of 59 each. I tried using Ctrl+B. I tried doing this with the Uncensored version of Bravely Default and the Japanese version (Bravely Default for The Sequel). My save data works between the 2 versions of the game without issue.
Screenshot 2023-12-17 171914.png

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I can't for the life of me figure this out. I tried following the steps as closely as possible. I scrolled down to the B6F0 offset. I placed "C0 E5 4E E0 E5 4E 00 E6 4E 20 E6 4E 40 E6 4E" at the end where the 0s start, That didn't work. So I tried offsetting it by 00, then 00 00, and then 00 00 00, nothing. When I open my items on my 3DS the game crashes, if I open my items in an emulator I see 5 new items with blank names with a quantity of 59 each. I tried using Ctrl+B. I tried doing this with the Uncensored version of Bravely Default and the Japanese version (Bravely Default for The Sequel). My save data works between the 2 versions of the game without issue. View attachment 409236
send me your save before you tried to edit anything, I'll do it

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
@bejelec No idea why, but the last "01" bit seems to be the issue.
Try this, it should work (but keep a safe backup, just in case)

Attachments

• BD1.rar
    3.5 KB · Views: 13

Verick

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Asia81 Is it possible to add them to mine? I just started the save and dont have everyone yet.
Post automatically merged:

its the usa version

Attachments

• GAME0.rar
    1.4 KB · Views: 5
Last edited by Verick,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJewzRHdH8c