ROM Hack [Release] Bravely Default/Bravely Second/Ballad of the Three Cavaliers Uncensor Patches (Proper)

TalentX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello @Canzah and @extherian ,

first of all thanks for your great work on this little yet very great project!

I have a question in terms to the changes made by @extherian from the previous thread.
I've followed the discussion from the original thread starting at page 53 up to page 56, but I am not really sure if your changes are also included inside the uncut-patches shared by @Canzah in this new thread here?
It was not clear to me, as it read more like the two of you posted ignoring each other.

So in conclusion, does this uncut-patch shared here include everything that was discovered and fixed by all of you?
I am about to create a modified CIA installer from the original game with the uncut-patch pre-applied inside the CIA setup file. Before doing all the work, I wanted to be certain which uncut-patch is the right one to use.

Cheers
TalentX

Canzah

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello @Canzah and @extherian ,

first of all thanks for your great work on this little yet very great project!

I have a question in terms to the changes made by @extherian from the previous thread.
I've followed the discussion from the original thread starting at page 53 up to page 56, but I am not really sure if your changes are also included inside the uncut-patches shared by @Canzah in this new thread here?
It was not clear to me, as it read more like the two of you posted ignoring each other.

So in conclusion, does this uncut-patch shared here include everything that was discovered and fixed by all of you?
I am about to create a modified CIA installer from the original game with the uncut-patch pre-applied inside the CIA setup file. Before doing all the work, I wanted to be certain which uncut-patch is the right one to use.

Cheers
TalentX
My patch was made entirely from scratch by myself, I didn't actually use any of the work by the others, mostly because I was dissatisfied with how incomplete the previous patches were and wanted to "do it right" so to speak so I triple checked everything myself to make sure I didn't miss anything.
With that said, their work has still been very helpful in that it made the process of finding the necessary directories faster.

Anyway my patches are 100% complete as far as uncensoring all visual assets goes, the only thing that anyone might want to do in the future is edit text, as the characters' ages are changed to be 18 (up from I believe 15 or 16 in Japan), but since there's also a ton of other text inaccuracies in the translation, I'd say what the game would need is a translation check as a whole rather than just changing character ages.

Reactions: TalentX

EderParis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey I'm super new to 3DS CFW stuff, will this work with my Bravely Default game cart or do I have to use a digital copy?

Hark0n

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey I'm super new to 3DS CFW stuff, will this work with my Bravely Default game cart or do I have to use a digital copy?
As far as I understand, the patch is loaded after the game overwriting only specific files (the censored ones) so it should also work with cartridges!

CheeseBurgerwithLove

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would like to try it on citra mmj on android but I have a question.

If I put the folder in this path citra-emu /sdmc /luma will it work? or should i extract the game content - replace files - reassemble the game?

ledyham

Trophies
XP
Country
France
How to know that it worked? Can you tell me of a change early game that can help me know if I managed to patch or not cuz I did it on citra and i not sure? I just arrived in achenheim (or something the desert clock city) and latest costume I got is knight

Last edited by ledyham,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Measuring sizes with AncientBoi, I see.