ROM Hack Translation Star Ocean The Second Story R Name and Honorifics restoration patch

rsc-pl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
v0.51 (24.05.2024)
- Added missing honorifics (Nall, Mirage)
- Fixed typos from the screenshots shown in the thread (thanks @drsnow)
- Changed pizza to curry. Because for some reason the translator didn't like the curry?
- Changed several descriptions of dishes that completely did not match the original.

RetroNerdGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is for the Japanese voices, right? I was confused because I usually play dub but realized that this problem happens with putting on a Japanese voice track.

rsc-pl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Any translation mod is always created by people and for people who want a more authentic experience of what the creators worked on. It is obvious that dubbing is not even considered in the first place by people who care.

Ethelbert

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Bros, I'm gonna be real with you, for the most authentic experience you need to LJ.
Learn Japanese.
Yes, I know, it's a tall ask.
This mod is extremely valuable too, of course.

SO2Reversing

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I've made a PC version for the 0.5. (see attached file, extract it to your game directory). I tested it briefly, working as expected :

View attachment 436101

The assets files between the switch version 1.1 and the latest PC version are the same except for one byte in the header (not sure if it's important, it's after the unity version). I changed it anyway. Switch on the left, PC on the right :

View attachment 436102

I used SO2Rcrypt to decrypt and encrypt the assets files. (check the user SO2Reversing on github)

So if you want to make a PC release, you need to :
- (in case there is an update) Make sure the files are still the same between the Switch and PC versions.
- Change the byte after the second instance of the unity version (2021.3.22f1) in the header from 0x26 to 0x13 with an hex editor (the address is not always the same). I use Hex Workshop personally.
- Encrypt the asset files with SO2Rcrypt.
Im glad someone found my tool and was able to put it to use haha.
Let me know if I can make any changes to make it more useful.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I want money too I should upload Ai videos of Psi getting laid +1