1. OroCrimson

OroCrimson Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Thanks a billion for your hard work! I just happened to check in after panicking cause I couldn't find the Asia81 mods and almost gave up but then just barely thought to check the last page and wow I apparently came by just in time!

Canzah likes this.
  2. Canzah

Canzah GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Can't say I have, but frankly not interested in it, maybe someone else will do it. It's no secret that I only really work on stuff I'm personally interested in, sorry.

TheShadowRunner likes this.
  3. extherian

extherian Member
    Newcomer

Ireland
    Hello Canzah, does the LayeredFS patch for Bravely Second include the Astrologian crescent moon and star icon from the demo?

Canzah likes this.
  4. Canzah

Canzah GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Unfortunately not, I wanted to do it but the JP demo icon file has larger size and as such it's not possible to replace with the QuickBMS method (you cannot replace smaller file with larger one, only equal size or replace larger with smaller).
    However considering the texture designs of the Astrologian include the crescent moon design on the outfit itself, and without the star, I think that in this case it's not to big of a deal as even if you restored that it still wouldn't match the outfit itself.
    Plus that icon is exclusive to JP demo, the full JP game itself has just the crescent moon without star in the middle.
    If someone can crack the encryption/compression on the Icon then I'd be more than happy to update this in the future, but as it stands it's not doable.

Koroshi and TheShadowRunner like this.
  5. Nevermore

Nevermore GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Yeah, I don't think I would've noticed it at all if I wasn't looking for a JP Demo video. I suppose prior to release of Second in Japan it was noticed and adjusted, since it's a thing not used in any Nintendo game since Majora's Mask (Ocarina of Time's adjusted it for Master Quest's release on GCN).

Many thanks for the files. Got em applied, and I'm ready to play through Second finally then can go to Default II.

6. TheShadowRunner

TheShadowRunner I'm like you, I have no name.

United States
    Dumb question probably but what's the point of playing Bravely Default USA + luma patch versus playing BD For The Sequel JPN?
    For the Sequel is uncensored and language can be set to english, which makes it the ultimate version ?

7. extherian

extherian Member
    Newcomer

Ireland
    Bravely Default: For the Sequel was only ever released in Japan, so not many people own a copy of it, but many people do own a copy of the western release of Bravely Default. So this allows them to patch their western copy of the game rather than having to order a copy of Bravely Default: For the Sequel from Japan. If you can find it somewhere to buy then more power to you, it's basically the same thing as this uncensor patch.

8. ConyoK

ConyoK GBAtemp Fan

France

Do you have a save for bravely second too please ?

9. Canzah

Canzah GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Just FYI, you shouldn't be using those, that's outdated and incomplete. Please see previous page for the patches I made for both games.
    And to answer your question, no save is needed for Second as it doesn't have any JP-exclusive costumes.

ConyoK likes this.
  10. ConyoK

ConyoK GBAtemp Fan

France
    Thanks you, i use your patch it's perfect !

And i have edited my save with the tutorial from the op

Last edited by ConyoK, Mar 10, 2021
  11. Canzah

Canzah GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Glad to hear, enjoy!

Gearoi92 and ConyoK like this.
  12. ConyoK

ConyoK GBAtemp Fan

France
    Do yo
    Do you know how i can make this work in citra ?

I have no problem with 3DS, but in citra it doesnt seem to work.

13. Canzah

Canzah GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
  14. MultiKoopa

MultiKoopa GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Trying to get this to work on Citra. I edited my BD save to add the alternate outfits. I'm pretty sure I placed the patch in the right location, the one Canzah made. The new outfits show up in the inventory, but most of them just act like Plain Tunics. ???? what did I do wrong?

EDIT: making just a romfs folder, instead of the luma folder, worked

but I can't get it working on the Citra Retroarch core. I doubt anybody would have any idea how to do that lol

Last edited by MultiKoopa, Mar 10, 2021
  15. MultiKoopa

United States
    What would be the easiest way to go about combining Canzah's RomFS patches into the roms themselves?

16. ConyoK

ConyoK GBAtemp Fan

France

Finally made it work by removing the luma folder and paste directly the romfs one inside the citra mods folder of the title.

Thanks

17. MultiKoopa

United States
    Glad it worked for you. Seems the Citra Retroarch Switch core can't handle these types of patches yet. but I used extherian's files, unpacked the rom, copied the graphics folder, and remade the rom, and the patched rom worked on the core.

ConyoK likes this.
  18. Megaman885

Megaman885 Newbie
    Newcomer

Argentina
    Thank you so much for the Mod! i'm first playing it and really want to play it as how the developers meant it

19. MultiKoopa

United States
    Does anybody know how to get the special Costumes in Bravely Second? Somehow I can access the mon my completed save on Citra, but not on the actual game on my 3DS?

20. Shayuna

Shayuna Newbie
    Newcomer

Germany
    eh.. how to download it? its everything offline? ._.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - [Released], Uncensored, Bravely