Tutorial  Updated

Merging badge data!

Hi GBAtemp. User @shutterbug2000 has found a way to merge two badge datas to essentially give yourself the badges of another player that has made their files publicly available. In this tutorial, we'll be using @Februarysn0w's badges (he/she has collected over 900 badges).

Februarysn0w's badge data: https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=b6305612e3c95fbd&id=B6305612E3C95FBD!694&authkey=!ANwz34EVEYjGARc

1. Open the target's BadgeMngFile.dat and yours in a hex editor of your choice. (HxD is preferred)
5239b2ce86.png

2. Copy from 0x0 to 0xc (ctrl+g "C"; hex checked) from the target and then pastewrite the strings onto your file.
aca6040825.png

c548712ff2.png

3. CTRL+G to "3E8" and select everything starting from there to the end of the file and pastewrite it to yours once again. (Alternatively, you can copy from 0x1C to 0x20 from your file and then pastewrite the strings onto the target. Using this method, you can skip step 2 and 3. Then simply copy the target file to your 3DS)
38f9bac7e1.png

4. Save the edited BadgeMngFile.dat.

5. Copy the modified BadgeMngFile.dat and the target's BadgeData.dat onto your SD card and import them.

Please reply to this thread if this worked for you!

Great videos by @Ericzander:
CFW users:
Homebrew users:

EDIT: A lot of people don't know what to use. If you're a CFW user, use SaveDataFiler. If you're a *hax user, use ext_data dump tool or Sunshell by Rinnegatamante.

Last edited by froggestspirit,

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Thank you so much for the fantastic guide. I really appreciate it, but I do have a question. Now that i have all his badges I seem to be having some odd categorize issues for sorting all the badges. There are all out of wack and place in peculiar location. For instance the swap note section has furniture in it, did I do something wrong or is this unavoidable?
you matched the badgedata file with the wrong badgemng file.

Badge2Data goes with badge2file
and 14D1_BadgeData goes with 14D1_BadgeMngFile

Reactions: Necrojinsei

Chocobubba

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used the 11.22.15 files and it worked for me (though all the badge categories were in japanese)

When I opened the Badge Arcade it was using my original save data, and doesn't know that I have all the stuff unlocked, but I can still place all the badges to my homescreen.

Is that normal, or did I botch something?

Last edited by Chocobubba,

Nyannurs

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I used the 11.22.15 files and it worked for me (though all the badge categories were in japanese)

When I opened the Badge Arcade it restored my old data though...
you're not supposed to open badge arcade once you import other people's badges....

RetroBitMig

Banana Boy
Trophies
Website
xn--yck0dzd.xn--q9jyb4c
XP
Country
United States
you're not supposed to open badge arcade once you import other people's badges....

When I opened the Badge Arcade it was using my original save data, and doesn't know that I have all the stuff unlocked, but I can still place all the badges to my homescreen.

Is that normal, or did I botch something?
I can do the same, I've got Kirby badges while I still use Badge Arcade normally.

RetroBitMig

Banana Boy
Trophies
Website
xn--yck0dzd.xn--q9jyb4c
XP
Country
United States
well, that's strange. do you have an nnID?
Indeed, I do. I'm running Ironhax on 10.3 sysNand and everything works fine, Badge Arcade opens up normally. I can confirm what @Filo97 said, though, that when you actually go into the Help Desk and move badges around in the Badge Box then that's when the injected badges disappear.

AutumnWolf

JRPG enjoyer, Xenoblade, YS and DQ connoisseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
Indeed, I do. I'm running Ironhax on 10.3 sysNand and everything works fine, Badge Arcade opens up normally. I can confirm what @Filo97 said, though, that when you actually go into the Help Desk and move badges around in the Badge Box then that's when the injected badges disappear.
Can you explain me how to set the .config txt? :(

javicrazy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hey guys i was out all day but since had a pm asking how i did it in emunand (rxtools 10.3) ill paste my answer too here in case it can help someone else.

Hey man i took the badge2file.dat and badge2data.dat from the guy folder. Then i used savedatafiler to export my badgemngfile.dat and my badgedata.dat by going to extdata and exporting to sd 000014d1 (saw in another tuto, dont remember which).
After that i followed the tutorial... changed the values with an hex editor and replaced my backupped badgedata.dat with his, then i imported all again with savedatafiler and i got the 950+ badges

Btw the badges only appear on the home menu, they wont appear in the badge arcade app!

Deleted member 373223

Pink = Best colour
Trophies
XP
Hey guys i was out all day but since had a pm asking how i did it in emunand (rxtools 10.3) ill paste my answer too here in case it can help someone else.

Hey man i took the badge2file.dat and badge2data.dat from the guy folder. Then i used savedatafiler to export my badgemngfile.dat and my badgedata.dat by going to extdata and exporting to sd 000014d1 (saw in another tuto, dont remember which).
After that i followed the tutorial... changed the values with an hex editor and replaced my backupped badgedata.dat with his, then i imported all again with savedatafiler and i got the 950+ badges

Btw the badges only appear on the home menu, they wont appear in the badge arcade app!
they can't appear in the badge arcade app.

Professional Shitposter
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
It worked! Only thing is, the app shortcut badges don't do what they're supposed to, instead they work like regular badges.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Her boob is the cause of all this current shit :angry: