Hacking Has anyone archived/converted the Badge Arcade official badges?

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys,

So I got banned from Badge Arcade shortly after it came out - after I got fed up spending lots of real money on cosmetics, I poked around with RAM editing and figured out how to get nearly unlimited plays for free (using the daily free plays you'd get), and earned hundreds of badges. Back then, I was using the official Badge Arcade app to manage them - e.g. enable which ones I wanted to use on the home menu (up to 1000) since there were a lot more than that total.

I have a new console now, and while I could easily download Badge Arcade, I obviously can't use it. I have no EXTDATA created at all, so the badge option on the home menu doesn't work - it tells me I have to set it up first.

Shortly after I was banned, I found some homebrew that let you use custom badges - you had to place PNG files in a specific location, and then you could copy those to the EXTDATA and use them. It would overwrite any official badges that occupied those spots, I believe.

But the obvious problem is - you had to have your own PNG images created. I'm not artistic at all, and I actually like some of the official badges. There was a shovel from Animal Crossing that I used for my "shovelware" folder, for example. And a NES controller I used for my NES games folder, so on and so forth.

I know Badge Arcade essentially downloads a complete copy of all available badges when you launch it (and just keeps updating that file on subsequent launches) - and there haven't been any new ones added in years. Has anyone actually extracted this data, and converted it to a usable format by the homebrew badge management apps? I would be very interested in this. Even if there's issues publishing the code because of copyrighted images, a set of instructions on how to do it yourself would be fine - I can use a different 3DS, with a non-banned NNID, to download the official data and then follow the instructions.

I saw this thread and really think it would be beneficial to everybody if someone were to create a homebrew alternative to Badge Arcade - it can't be that hard to have an image viewer with little checkboxes (like the Android gallery app...) where you can enable/disable specific images (badges) you want copied to the home menu EXTDATA, which would let you put thousands of images on your (Micro)SD and then just enable/disable the stuff you wanted as you change your mind. I know there is already a program to simply put your own images in the EXTDATA, but if I recall correctly it's very basic and doesn't have a GUI or anything, and if you have more than 1000 PNGs in the folder it just stops at 1000.

Reactions: jeffyTheHomebrewer

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So negative